Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber - missing?

sangwine

I have bought six hypercrates and still not seen the Unstable Lightsaber.

I can usually cope with that a pack is random and that sometimes you get some and sometimes you lose some but this pack, it seems something between disaster and something that should not have been released in the first place.

A pack is supposed to be exciting not make the playerbase angry.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone mentioned before the main thing that makes this pack release so horrible are the chance cubes. They add to the pool of items being rolled for in the packs themselves. On top of that they then add yet another roll within the cube that consists of all the junk that has been released since day 1.

You know you are making a false statement right? The Grand Chance Cubes are not diluting the pool of items that are being rolled on in the pack. Yes, if you look at what is in the pack, and just take away the cube, the pool would be smaller. But if you go back and read Bioware's post about the changes, they basically said the Grand Chance Cube was this packs 'bronze' level item and they weren't putting in any bronze level items. So, the cube is just a replacement for all those normal bronze items you would have gotten in any other pack.

The cube does not shrink the pool. The pool just made it obvious how many bronze items you would be getting in the pack. Your silver and bronze drops would likely have stayed the same (out of my 5 crates, it worked out to 9% Gold, 47% Silver, and the rest Grand Chance Cubes (Bronze)).

I got one, I opened about 75 packs to get mine.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=870419

I haven't decided if I am going to sell it yet or not. I am leaning toward selling, given the cluster this pack release was and the fact that it took me 3 hypercrates to get one, Id prob ask at least 50m.

That being said, its not the drop rate of the Lightsaber that is the problem, its about the same as the Mask of Nihilus, which is fine. The problem is the drop rate of those stupid cubes have totally destroyed the pack and taken away from the drop rate of EVERYTHING in the new packs cause the chance cube takes away from your chances for any of the new stuff.

In one pack, I got a SINGLE chance cube, and thats it, in that cube, one of those Auruk Blasters that you cant give away. The chance cubes are disgusting.

It is the rarest item in the game, priceless. You should simply put the highest number possible in the GTN :)

• 2 weeks later...
My guildleader opened up 4 hypercrates. A bunch of others opened up more (I think it was 12 hypercrates) and none of them got the lightsaber.

I think they want to make this as rare as perhaps 1 or 2 per server.

It's something like a 3% drop rate. If the rng gods favor you, you get one it doesn't depend on how many are on a server. There were at least 5 being spammed for sale on BC trade chat the other night.

12 hypercrates is not a statistically significant sample size to make a sound dtermination on whether or not the RNG is working correctly.

On a six-sided die, there is a one-in-six chance on any given roll that you'll roll a six. However, if you roll a hundred times and don't get a six, that doesn't mean the die is broken. That's just how probability and randomness work.

12 hypercrates is not a statistically significant sample size to make a sound dtermination on whether or not the RNG is working correctly.

On a six-sided die, there is a one-in-six chance on any given roll that you'll roll a six. However, if you roll a hundred times and don't get a six, that doesn't mean the die is broken. That's just how probability and randomness work.

Your theory is only right if the hypercrates (30 packs) have the items decided the moment you buy them, this is, the game already knows what you are getting as soon as you receive the hypercrate which means you get 12 chances. I believe this is not the case, the items are decided when you open each individual pack which sets a higher chance (30*12 = 360 chances)

While it can happen, it still would be a good idea to check if the dice is rigged after 100 rolls. And since here we KNOW it's rigged by very definition - analogy is kinda pointless.

And since here we KNOW it's rigged by very definition - analogy is kinda pointless

You know nothing of the kind,because you don't have inside knowledge about how the loot is determined; all you have is speculation driven by an incomplete understanding of probability.

it's unfortunate that items from the CM are necessary to be able to play the game properly.

Lol, why do people buy these packs then complain when they don't get an item they want? How about you just buy the packs and sell them, then use that cash to buy what you want. Also, in all games of chance, there is no guarantee of getting the item you want even if you purchase one million dollars worth of hypercrates. If you roll the dice then be prepared for what the result is.

Lol, why do people buy these packs then complain when they don't get an item they want? How about you just buy the packs and sell them, then use that cash to buy what you want. Also, in all games of chance, there is no guarantee of getting the item you want even if you purchase one million dollars worth of hypercrates. If you roll the dice then be prepared for what the result is.

People have a hard time sleeping in the bed they've made for themselves. :p

it took me 27 hypercrates to get both 1h and dual saber. Bought 12 hypercrates with real cash and 15 from gtn.

P.S. will never buy hypercrates for real cash again

I'm baffled at how many hypercrates you bought but I also admire your perseverance in attaining them sometimes persistence is the only way to get what you want. :)

it took me 27 hypercrates to get both 1h and dual saber. Bought 12 hypercrates with real cash and 15 from gtn.

You know, at this point EAware can safely change drop rates and "apologize" for it. They've got their money worth out of simple number tweak due to guys like you :rak_09:

Edited by Frenesi

I'm baffled at how many hypercrates you bought but I also admire your perseverance in attaining them sometimes persistence is the only way to get what you want. :)

After spending $480... (plus the ones outside the CM that he got in the GTN), yeah that is a lot of 'persistence'.

Ummmmm. You could have sold 6 of those hypercrates and bought both of them off of the GTN from the current prices on Harbinger. The lowest price of the dual saber is 15 mil and the lowest for the one handed is 49.5 mil. Good grief!

Ummmmm. You could have sold 6 of those hypercrates and bought both of them off of the GTN from the current prices on Harbinger. The lowest price of the dual saber is 15 mil and the lowest for the one handed is 49.5 mil. Good grief!

I'm baffled by this... when you buy a hypercrate with credits and sell the stuff you don't need, you very often get your money back or even make a profit. It just takes a while. How is it better to spend 65 million on two items, instead of speding 65 million on hypercrates, and getting maybe 60-80 million back? And, quite possibly, get the item you want as well?

Your theory is only right if the hypercrates (30 packs) have the items decided the moment you buy them, this is, the game already knows what you are getting as soon as you receive the hypercrate which means you get 12 chances. I believe this is not the case, the items are decided when you open each individual pack which sets a higher chance (30*12 = 360 chances)

This response is separated from utter gibberish by only the thinnest of margins.

For starters, no matter how you slice it, 12 hypercrates give you a total of 720 draws (2 items per pack, remember), not 360.

If the contents are determined when the hypercrate is created (i.e. when you claim it from the CM panel), there are 720 items, so there are 720 chances for an item to be an unstable sabre (or whatever else you might be seeking).

If the contents are determined when the packs are removed from the hypercrates, there are 720 items, so 720 chances blah, blah, blah.

If the contents are determined when the packs are opened, there are 720 items, so 720 chances ...

In short, no matter when they choose the items (unless there's a "one copy of X per crate" rule), it's 720 chances if you open 12 hypercrates.

After spending $480... (plus the ones outside the CM that he got in the GTN), yeah that is a lot of 'persistence'.

It was more like 170 euros, 14500 CC costs 3100 russian rubles in Russia (30-35 euros).

I could, but opening hypercrates to get all the items from the new collection was just an excersise to prove how "bad" the new hypercrates are for GTN economy. HC are worth 16-18m on GTN. Opening one and selling stuff from it will bring you 4.7m (lowest) and 22m (highest) in 7 days span.

The only good thing out of the new pack is the"overflow" effect that occured on day 4 or 5 after anarchist packs release, when prices of some old rare items dropped down up to 400% ( I'm talking about white colour crystals selling for 4m, holostatues for 300k etc).

Edited by Escarrabutxaques

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.