Error 310

Talrol

While I'm not getting the 301 error, mine just flat out will not download. It gave me the red bar and said that is was installed but never downloaded and wouldn't let me hit the play button. Tried fixing the launcher, no dice. Had to uninstall the game and now it still will not download. any suggestions?

I think I got it. Had to uninstall the game again. So far it's downloading.

Edited by Jursy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use fixlauncher.exe just use the repair utility here (its a self extracting archive with the launcher component) to restore the new launcher again (no need to re-install the game again)

The CDNs are hosted on footprint servers ( level 3 servers, not swtor specific servers) via cdn-patch.swtor.com , these are GEODNS so it is possible to change DNS server to one in a different region and flush the DNS cache it should with any luck point to a different download location. whether it helps will depend on what was occurring with the CDNs

This helped me. Thank you, sincerely.

You should work at BioWare =P But seriously, thanks.

I paused the self repair it started during my last attempt of installing yesterday, and restarted it upon waking. I got my normal speeds and zoomed through the install process until it hit another bump and reopened the self repair. That got hung up, stating (3.45 mbps) and going completely unchanged for roughly a half hour. I then decided to try actually hitting the repair button and it is zooming again. It's been repairing for several hours now, but at least when I look at the launcher it is doing something... Maybe I'll get lucky today.

Hey folks,

I am seeing two issues raised in this thread, here are the issues and their solution:

• Error 310 - If you are getting error 310, please completely restart your launcher. If this doesn't resolve, wait a bit and try again. This issue will resolve itself in time.
  • Slow download - If you are experiencing a slow download, please just let it finish, even if it is going slow.

These issues are a side effect of our external network issues from this morning.

-eric

I was able to log in and play through, KotFE chapter 10 completely. I then started the Blizz recruitment mission. I went to work, returned to attempt a log in and recieve "This application has encountered a unspecified error. Please try the patch again." messege. No error code showing on launcher.

Have attempted to relaunch mulitple time with same result. Any suggestions?

I was able to log in and play through, KotFE chapter 10 completely. I then started the Blizz recruitment mission. I went to work, returned to attempt a log in and recieve "This application has encountered a unspecified error. Please try the patch again." messege. No error code showing on launcher.

Have attempted to relaunch mulitple time with same result. Any suggestions?

thumbs up.

any word ?

The Error 310 is caused by the client failing to connect / or getting a timeout on the patching servers .

The patches are not distributed by Bioware but by Akamai cache servers.

When the Launcher tries to connect to cdn-patch.swtor.com to download the updates, the IP address it is resolved to is not the same for everyone.

If your Launcher ends up connected to a too busy or malfunctioning Akamai server, you get the error 310.

A workaround for experienced Windows users is to force the Launcher to connect to a currently known working Akamai server.

Add the following lines to your Windows hosts file (if you don't know what I'm talking about then it means this is not for you to try):

104.86.111.179 cdn-patch.swtor.com

This cache server was working fine few minutes ago. I used it to bypass the ERROR 310.

Do not forget to delete the line from the Hosts file once you're done with the patching.

Edited by Elysith

Hey folks,

I am seeing two issues raised in this thread, here are the issues and their solution:

• Error 310 - If you are getting error 310, please completely restart your launcher. If this doesn't resolve, wait a bit and try again. This issue will resolve itself in time.
  • Slow download - If you are experiencing a slow download, please just let it finish, even if it is going slow.

These issues are a side effect of our external network issues from this morning.

-eric

sorry but NO.

launcher would not update at all=removed all of the amateur bitraider crap

removed crap= launcher went to update

launcher went to update=error 310 server error

310 server error=FIX YOUR **** EA!!!

You owe EU subs 2 days of game time allready

Hey folks,

-eric

So a 28MB 4.1a patch repeatedly fails for hours until one hard-codes a DNS into Windows' Hosts file - at which point it flies down in seconds like it's meant to.

CDNs are meant to make sure this sort of thing never happens - there should never be a "busy" server. Akamai is more than up to the challenge, they're the best in the business.

So what's going wrong with patch deployment?

I'm hoping I won't get this error after adding
209.84.0.254 cdn-patch.swtor.com
to the hosts file, as I'm reinstalling the game, I'd be willing to bet that alot of the 310 errors would be too many people trying to patch at once, or reinstall. Edited by sentientomega