Error 310

Talrol

Well I'll be damned!

So I've been sitting here all day (on and off) trying to get this to finish downloading, got stuck with 200mb's left. Been reading this thread and twitter and someone said to make more hardrive space. I'm like... that won't work, I've got 150gb left. I remove some other games I haven't been using, because it can't hurt right? Taking my free space up to 180gb. It started working straight away.

Anyway, I should be in the game shortly. Just thought I'd put that out there - it may or may not work :p

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuck at 287.67mb. Have restarted launcher well beyond 20+ times (and been stuck at other levels from 467.67mb on down), still will not progress any farther. Very, very frustrating...

Well, installation just finished. Had to restart the launcher another 17 times...and then watch the download race at 0.02kbs for awhile...but it is finished. "Better than Cross-Server!" (sorry Eric, I had to!) ;)

Well it finally downloaded, then got stuck at 0% installing main assests. Had to use task manager to exit because the launcher hung, then the launcher would not show up next time I tried it, ran launcher repair but evidently that is an old version so went to website and Google how to get latest launcher - good GOD what a nightmare I can't even find latest launcher on SWTOR website! All this for a new 20 minutes of content. Jesus H. Christ ! So angry now I'm glad I don't own a gun.

I'm having that same problem, this is so annoying, i've essentially been trying to download this patch for close to 12 hours today (this includes the down time this morning), finally stopped getting connection error 310, but now i'm getting stuck at 0% installing main assets 225 and having to task manager to shut it down :mad:

Are we going to go through this lunacy with each and every monthly patch? Can't even leave the comp on for a day, for a patch that takes me a full day to download, without having to baby the patch all day, sitting here, having no real life for a day even, because of this stupid network issue. (Internet where I live isn't a problem, but it's DSL, so I deal with it.)

IS this the way it's going to be, from here on out, till ToR joins SWG?

So error 310 and me.

Got the error at 411mb, looked on forums saw Eric's solution. Bumped to 311mb, a couple of tries hit 299mb. Stuck at 299 for about an hour, then hit 283. Another 40 minutes to an hour stuck there.

Then it happened, it went through, got to the end, I then realize that was only part 1 of the download :(. It all ended with another 30 minutes or so of download and finally I can log in, I hope.

I've been working on this thing all day, starting this morning. I keep getting this error. I restarted the launcher, restarted my computer, paused and restarted, refreshed my connection, ran antivirus, ran cc Cleaner, ran malwarebytes, downloaded a new launcher, and finally called customer service. The customer service lady did nothing but send me an email telling me to go through all of the steps I already walked through. The last time this happened, a tech had me change a setting in my .ini file which instantly fixed my issue.

I completely download main assets, and during the installation there is an issue. It tells me to run repair, and I do. During the repair of 51 files is when I get the 310 error. My connection drops to single digit kbps, and hangs between there and nothing. I really wish they would solve this issue. I haven't had this many problems updating an mmo, ever. I've had issues with this game since I started playing Hutt Cartel.

I don't know how many times i've restarted the patch and closed it through task manager because i can't close it like normal, so i'm going to let the patch "install", i just set my timer to see if it even finishes by tomorrow morning. Sure some people aren't having a problem at all, but there are some of us that at stuck at Main Assets 225 with (0%). This seriously needs to get fixed.

first i download the patch using my pc. finished asset 225 and stuck at install at 0% for hours. then i force stop it. somehow my asset file corrupted and left only 5.4gb total game file.

Luckily i have the game installed in my laptop at work. Everything was fine until "Downloading game client 193" if not 310(most of the time), there is spike only single digit kB/s before going down and 310. took soo long just to pass the D. By the time i post this its only on top of W with 35.86MB remaining. the file isn't so big but if the download didnt run, it will take forever.

Yes, very nice. Can´t download the game on my new computer. What a wonderful service!

"Error 310 - If you are getting error 310, please completely restart your launcher. If this doesn't resolve, wait a bit and try again. This issue will resolve itself in time."

So a joke! Over 12 hours and the problem is still the same.

Edited by RieXan

Hey folks,

I am seeing two issues raised in this thread, here are the issues and their solution:

• Error 310 - If you are getting error 310, please completely restart your launcher. If this doesn't resolve, wait a bit and try again. This issue will resolve itself in time.
  • Slow download - If you are experiencing a slow download, please just let it finish, even if it is going slow.

These issues are a side effect of our external network issues from this morning.

-eric

Pause restart works better.

Ive found an solution to the 310 error...

First Things first, Im in the situasion where my patch ran fine but i accidently pushed the "Fix louncher", All of this while servers where Down. So still the old louncher appears and has no idea whats it doing. So when my friends could log in i couldnt cous the old louncher still stated servers are temporarily offline. So i brainstormed a bit and copied my gamefolder by adding a x on it's copyied folder. Then i ran the installer and tried to fix it this way. Then the old louncher updated to the New one and it began the patching again, to do the worst dreaded error 310 network fail. Force restarts and puse play seems to get it going for 10-40 secs before it stucks again. So this wouldnt work, i could do this for 2 days without completing the download...

Solution: Delete the game Directory "only" C:\programfiles\bioware\"star wars-the old republic" Run installer as admin preferebly. Intall game from scratch. Downloaded at my max speed all the way.

Issue: The patching process has to be flawed, where in a given situasion it absolutely cannot understand what to do so it stops. It cant be a network issue. Otherwise why did a reinstall work just after the entire game folder where gone? Especially since i changed back the game folder names from my copy and ran the installer again only to stuck at error 310 again. So quit trying to patch the game and just reinnstall by remove the old folder or renaming it and run swtor setup from swtor suite.

Oh btw ure welcome if it saved u :cool:

Hi BW its me again. I only post when I am angry. Why would you not fix this issue? Why would you let staff go home untill this was fixed? Why should a service I pay for not be able to work? Why is it that I only have ever had issues with your game? Why do I still love this game? That last questions for myself..

Till next time your low budget F ups make be come back to the forums.

I had the 310 error constantly. I saw on reddit that people kept hitting the pause /play button in like a 5 second rotation until they got full download speed. I did the same and eventually completed the download quickly even tho I had to sit here and baby it.

Now I'm "Repairing 52 files" and I stopped hitting pause/play because that screws up the speed, I let it sit on whatever low KB speed it had during the repair process. Finished after 2 hours and now it's installing.

I used the OwenBrooks fix for bitraider a while ago so it's not that. Just a poorly done patch.

Ive found an solution to the 310 error...

i accidently pushed the "Fix louncher", All of this while servers where Down. So still the old louncher appears and has no idea whats it doing:

If you use fixlauncher.exe just use the repair utility here (its a self extracting archive with the launcher component) to restore the new launcher again (no need to re-install the game again)

The CDNs are hosted on footprint servers ( level 3 servers, not swtor specific servers) via cdn-patch.swtor.com , these are GEODNS so it is possible to change DNS server to one in a different region and flush the DNS cache it should with any luck point to a different download location. whether it helps will depend on what was occurring with the CDNs

Edited by OwenBrooks