Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

Hello!

So just to be clear.

What was that code give away a few page back?

I'm here all day and can't play the game the main page is "offline" and now I've just see that was a give away?

What else did I miss?

So some1 just get 2400/450 CC just coz they can CTRL+C, CTRL+V?

Nice one.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just post the code that any subscriber can get 4500 cartel coins and be done with it.

EVERYONE would be less frustrated. Your web servers would thank you. We might actually be less grumpy about being stuck on the forums rather than in the game playing.

Or they could take the people off of forcing name changes. They seem to have A LOT of people there because they're on you instantly if someone finds your "offensive" name offensive.

Not so much with the QC on their stuff though....

Hey folks,

So, here we are together enjoying some server downtime. Let's have a little fun. As many of you know, the unstable lightsaber is a thing that is coming out today and I am very excited for it (along with Chapter X of course). In its honor, what do you say I give away some Cartel Coins while we wait.

I have done this game once before but let's revisit the rules. First, each time I post I will add some codes that you can redeem for Cartel Coins. Only the first person who snags them will get the coins so be quick! Second, I will ask random questions. First to answer the question, I will PM them a code.

I will wait a few minutes, gather your friends, let the Cartel Coins rain.

-eric

Well, ...

... this is just a game, but we pay for it and we would love to play it => fix the game

... you want our feedback, so we give it => fix the game

... do patches, bugfixes and handle us as adult, paying consumers and not as childish junkies => fix the game

... don't promis things or times you can't hold => start the game on the promised time

... we don't want new or old bugs or other problems => test the game before you put in on lifeserver

If you do such things, we have less or nothing to complain and you will see a growing paying community!

Hello!

So just to be clear.

I'm here all day and can't play the game the main page is "offline" and now I've just see that was a give away?

What else did I miss?

Nice one.

Yes, bots likely did, refreshing and pasting as fast as a computer can...

While this game is a good idea.... it is causing a huge amount of lag. As a result myself and MANY MANY MANY other players do not even get an opportunity to answer, or get a code. The amount of site lag is insane, so much so that on a fast connection I still waited a whole 5 minutes for the page to load, and the forum went from page 140 to 171...

It is saddening for those who are stuck at work, school or on their cell phone trying to compete for coins or whatever they can get their hands on.

Also, it would be nice if BW/EA can find a way to prevent bots from getting into the game and spamming with credit posts...

Wishful thinking I guess.

Just post the code that any subscriber can get 4500 cartel coins and be done with it.

EVERYONE would be less frustrated. Your web servers would thank you. We might actually be less grumpy about being stuck on the forums rather than in the game playing.

This would almost relieve my frustration from playing this trivia nightmare. Almost...

Hello!

So just to be clear.

What else did I miss?

Nice one.

It was something Eric was doing to help alleviate some of the frustration for not being able to play right now. Yes, it was free stuff for simply redeeming the code. However, the lag prevents most from even having a chance.

I bet those codes just went to a bots. I would check if all the money codes got submitted to the same account. :p

At least on reddit, they put them in images, so you actually need to read them.

Edited by Kinnunen

This is ridiculous. To begin with, I don't care if you delete this post, ban me from the forums or the game itself, look, here's my middle finger for you.

With that said, you might not have noticed, but I am a paying subscriber to this game and your company fails to deliver the "early access" (or, rather, any access) because of improperly tested software. It's simply infuriating to see you throwing single-use cartel coin codes here, then making your subscribers play trivia about BioWare's most famous mouthpiece's personal life.

A bare minimum would be to grant those cartel coins to EVERY subscriber, or, rather, add an extra day of subscription or two to compensate for your incompetence. I was foolish enough to buy 60 days just a few days ago; I swear, here and now, that after this you will never, ever get a single penny from me again. Voting with my wallet, so to speak.

Don't bother telling me how I won't be missed.

This "game" would be okay, if it didn't so blatantly favor already privileged people (fast internet, fast computers, closer location to servers), where's the love for the people who are trying and have to wait a whole 5 minutes for the site to even register they tried submitted the code? (Just for it to already be used by someone who loaded the pages in a second)