Snipers are garbage in pvp

Lyons_Crest

What's up with Snipers in pvp? Bioware should delete the class lol they are such garbage... ! I was healing on my sorc and just face tanked a few today on the Harp and I laugh while they are casting or dotting me cause that class is so bad for dps output. Some might argue well sorcs are Op but I've beat snipers with my operative as well and even with my tank. I just don't understand how the class could be so bad?

Bioware should consider buffing them or something cause I just laugh at them cause people play them can't dps or kill much lol

What's up with Snipers in pvp? Bioware should delete the class lol they are such garbage... ! I was healing on my sorc and just face tanked a few today on the Harp and I laugh while they are casting or dotting me cause that class is so bad for dps output. Some might argue well sorcs are Op but I've beat snipers with my operative as well and even with my tank. I just don't understand how the class could be so bad?

Bioware should consider buffing them or something cause I just laugh at them cause people play them can't dps or kill much lol

Ha ha ha ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA! Ohhhh, man. Yeah, good one. You....face tanked lvl 10-12 snipers on your sorc healer in a lowby match, right? Couldn't have been one lvl 20 or higher with full expertise. You may be in for a brutally rude awakening when you come across a halfway skilled sniper/slinger. They will send you back to spawn crying, "Mommy!"

Bragging about face tanking in lowbies. Can't wait till you hit max level and wonder where that 23k ambush came from...

This ^ Followed by penetrating blasts.

My main for pvp is a sniper and I can cause major damage with a few shots. I can roll out of situations and provide cover to my teammates with ballistic shield.. Guard a door with orbital strike. Hit you with a flash bang and before you know it you are looking for your little green stim.

This ^ Followed by penetrating blasts.

My main for pvp is a sniper and I can cause major damage with a few shots. I can roll out of situations and provide cover to my teammates with ballistic shield.. Guard a door with orbital strike. Hit you with a flash bang and before you know it you are looking for your little green stim.

The post wasn't about the snipers ability / utility in pve or pvp - If you read the post lol you'd see that I said SNIPERS produce garbage DPS and can't kill anything LOL Sorcs can and will face tank you all over the place and spank you silly and if you feel / think differently than jump on your sniper - I'll be the guy laughing at you while you hit ret to med cent. hahaha cause your dead on the floor - and we are discussing level 65 pvp on the harp not lowbee lol

The post wasn't about the snipers ability / utility in pve or pvp - If you read the post lol you'd see that I said SNIPERS produce garbage DPS and can't kill anything LOL Sorcs can and will face tank you all over the place and spank you silly and if you feel / think differently than jump on your sniper - I'll be the guy laughing at you while you hit ret to med cent. hahaha cause your dead on the floor - and we are discussing level 65 pvp on the harp not lowbee lol

Ever sniper on your server must be garbage.

Snipers hit like a truck.

Heh, edited, it was 33k, other team perhaps ignoring him, he must have been attacking the whole time to get that DPS.

His team has a sorc and an Op healer, and even then he got killed.

I wouldn't say he was ignored, just that the other team had **** dps.

The also had three Sage healers, gosh darn.

EDIT:

Gosh darn? Really BW?

Edited by Ruhun

His team has a sorc and an Op healer, and even then he got killed.

I wouldn't say he was ignored, just that the other team had **** dps.

The also had three Sage healers, gosh darn.

EDIT:

Gosh darn? Really BW?

I should have looked at more than just his dps in that sshot :o

Personally I doubt that they are more durable than DPS Juggs.

But, of course, I'm comparing apples with peas again. :p

Snipers can roll and pushback a lot, they also have stealth detection when covered and a number of other defensive.

You need to learn how to play.

Thank you for your great insights. Now, please tell me, why aren't Snipers / Gunslingers more in the Leaderboards ?

And that even although everybody claims that Snipers / Gunslingers are "very viable" even in Ranked ? Both in Group Ranked and in Solo Ranked ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Thank you for your great insights. Now, please tell me, why aren't Snipers / Gunslingers more in the Leaderboards ?

And that even although everybody claims that Snipers / Gunslingers are "very viable" even in Ranked ? Both in Group Ranked and in Solo Ranked ?

Coz 2.5 players on each server can rock and burn other *** on sniper - they don't need a buff, tho dat.

Edited by helpmewin

My main is a marksmanship sniper and while I certainly am not the best sniper out there I specifically set up my utilities to root jugs, marauders, and sorcs all of those classes require high mobility so I slow them down with the utility bonus lumbering impact that is granted to shatter shot, along with using leg shot, diversion is thrown in there if necessary, and if they come close I cover pulse, and finally roll followed up by CC long enough for my teammates to wreck the sorc's face. :D

Most important thing I learned as a sniper in PVP that team awareness and teamwork is everything. Snipers are not meant to be tanks or healers. We are there lurking and waiting for your health to drop below 20 percent so we can laze target you and follow it up with ambush/follow-through. Good luck healing 20k+ damage unless you have force barrier up and just know that moment you get hit you will share the same fate Achilles did, a being who seemed immortal but in his weakest moment was brought down by cunning tactics. :p

Edited by squirrelballz

My main is a marksmanship sniper and while I certainly am not the best sniper out there I specifically set up my utilities to root jugs, marauders, and sorcs all of those classes require high mobility so I slow them down with the utility bonus lumbering impact that is granted to shatter shot, along with using leg shot, diversion is thrown in there if necessary, and if they come close I cover pulse, and finally roll followed up by CC long enough for my teammates to wreck the sorc's face. :D

Most important thing I learned as a sniper in PVP that team awareness and teamwork is everything. Snipers are not meant to be tanks or healers. We are there lurking and waiting for your health to drop below 20 percent so we can laze target you and follow it up with ambush/follow-through. Good luck healing 20k+ damage unless you have force barrier up and just know that moment you get hit you will share the same fate Achilles did, a being who seemed immortal but in his weakest moment was brought down by cunning tactics. :p

Snipers are good "ONLY" if they are in a group and have their own healer - if you play a sniper right now and go toe to toe with any sorc dps or heals you will lose 10 out of 10 times. If you go toe to toe with a Jug you will lose ten out of ten - the same if you go against and Operative /Scoundrel.

The only classes that snipers can solo in pvp without the help / aid of team mates are more disadvantaged classes. ie Sents / Mara - Mercs / Mandos past that your in trouble and the odds are not in your favor and totally against you. That's the facts, people can talk all day about how people should learn to play and all that but even the top rated snipers / gun slingers of pvp will tell you - if you don't have a healer and a strong team behind you go play a sorc or something.