Conquest Broken Again: 2nd Feb 2016

UlaVii

It really is a shame that many of the most news worthy moments regarding SWTOR these past few months have for the most part been about things not working as intended. Oh well, at least the podcasts will have something to talk about this week.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I am not trying to blame anyone or slate x or y is rubbish or not doing their job but how do you break something when there has been no updates to the game, I think I heard the problems over xmas was due to a glitch with trying to run 2 events at the same time, but there is nothing I can think of that would suddenly stop conquests working, especially one where a fix won't be available for a week?

All of this conquest nonsense is trivial and petty in the wake of 9999 stack sizes.

This post prevented an angry one from me. I was disappointed to log on today to find conquest broken, but them stacks make me feel better - good outweighing the bad, so to speak. Thanks for that reminder : )

LOL

Proof if anything that BW can take dumps from a hight on people and then just hand over some fluff and people are running back, willing to forgive everything.

No wonder BW put no effort into the game.

Hand over some fluff and a scary amount of the community start swooning.

Y'know, I've hated a lot of what 4.0 brought: level synch, removal of many of the old dailies, the boring heroic grind, a story not worth repeating, and all the bugs and broken events.

But increasing the size of cargo stacks makes me practically giddy. I don't think I've ever said this before but : Well done Bioware, very well done.

(Of course if this brings back stack exploits that ruin the game economy (again) or bugs out resulting in loss my things in my storage, I'll be one of the first to grab a pitchfork and torch, but until then, I'm just giddy with excitement :)"

LOL

Proof if anything that BW can take dumps from a hight on people and then just hand over some fluff and people are running back, willing to forgive everything.

No wonder BW put no effort into the game.

Hand over some fluff and a scary amount of the community start swooning.

Omg ain't that the truth!. All these abuse victims run back to their attackers defence. I swear, I bet every business out there wishes they could get away with what Bioware does. The problems we have to endure from Bioware is so Jr level trash, that I'm surprised it hasn't been meme'd in the industry.

Anyone else have specific "Conqueror of [planet[" but not the corresponding one checked off in Galactic Conqueror?

Yes been reporting it since last month. But once they pushed the rewards that only worked for some they ignored the other issues completely.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=865133

Cross your fingers and hope 4.1 fixes it.

Even if they "fix" it... it will NOT retroactively award titles, or check boxes in progress trackers in legacy. You will have to keep sending in messages and insisting that they manually award it to you, or you will not get it. I would start writing now, if you are missing those things, as it will likely take you months and several tickets to get it fixed. I had to do the same thing the last time they "fixed" conquest when it was broken. It took me 6 months, 8 or 9 tickets, and literally INSISTING that I would not submit a bug report and wait because that would NOT retroactively reward me with the titles and progress toward achievements I had earned. It finally worked. Good luck to you all.

Even if they "fix" it... it will NOT retroactively award titles, or check boxes in progress trackers in legacy. You will have to keep sending in messages and insisting that they manually award it to you, or you will not get it. I would start writing now, if you are missing those things, as it will likely take you months and several tickets to get it fixed. I had to do the same thing the last time they "fixed" conquest when it was broken. It took me 6 months, 8 or 9 tickets, and literally INSISTING that I would not submit a bug report and wait because that would NOT retroactively reward me with the titles and progress toward achievements I had earned. It finally worked. Good luck to you all.

:eek:

.... at this point maybe they should just autogrant "Galactic Conqueror"

Hey everyone,

The team has finished looking into what has caused this week’s Conquest to not start properly. Unfortunately, the issue is a bit more complex than we have experienced in the past with Conquests. Due to this, we will be implementing a fix for this with Game Update 4.1 next Tuesday. This means that there will not be a Conquest this week, as we work to address the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Tait

In other words, to bad. get over it. keep on subbing.

Anyone else have specific "Conqueror of [planet[" but not the corresponding one checked off in Galactic Conqueror?

All of my "planet conqueror" titles have transferred except for Hoth.

Now I'd like to think that if I were to conquer Hoth again then it would go through - but I doubt it. Because I'm also guessing that it is the "conqueror of......planet" achievement that triggers the entry under Galactic Conqueror.

In other words, yet another bug, yet again something broken and yet again unlikely something they will bother to fix when:

A. They have an hour or two worth of cinematics, sorry, story expansion, sorry content to roll-out each month which takes up their whole ten members of staff

B. If doesn't affect your ability to buy cartel coins or spend them

I am going to have to say PennyAnn probably has it right. Create a ticket they agree it is bugged tell you to put in a bug report and close it. Put in a bug report it agrees it is a bug says it's forwarded to the correct people and closes it.

I have had more then one guildy tell me to start talking to phone support for a chance.

I am always amazed at the armchair programmers and disgruntled gas station clerks in the player base of this game that come to the forums and threaten to leave the game time and time again over trivial problems.

The game is live 23.5hrs a day 7 days a week, not counting when Harbie the hamster has a heart attack. stuff happens, get over it.

Thank you devs for continuing to come to work, creating new content, and keeping the servers up as much as you do.

I for one would not want to deal with a customer base as rude as this one. Hats off to you.

Thank you Devs

Edited by Kowack

I am always amazed at the armchair programmers and disgruntled gas station clerks in the player base of this game that come to the forums and threaten to leave the game time and time again over trivial problems.

The game is live 23.5hrs a day 7 days a week, not counting when Harbie the hamster has a heart attack. stuff happens, get over it.

Thank you devs for continuing to come to work, creating new content, and keeping the servers up as much as you do.

I for one would not want to deal with a customer base as rude as this one. Hats off to you.

I agree with you that SWtOR'ers complain a bit much and I'm sure Tait and Eric are in overdrive right now, but to refer to us as disgruntled gas station clerks? *dirty kick* Might wanna check yourself before you wreck yourself. (Oh, and it's Harvey the Hamster.)

Thank you Devs

I like to think those that just defend BW while thinking people who complain about legitimate issues probably feel like this:

Ignorance is Bliss

:rak_03::rak_04::rak_03:

Also I find it hilarious that you think they shouldn't have to deal with the customer base who complains. IT'S THEIR FREAKING JOBS THEY ARE GETTING PAID FOR IT MONEY ISN'T FREE NOR IS TIME. Maybe instead of thanking the devs you should go out and actually thank people who save lives everyday. A game developer isn't a public servant and doesn't deserve some kind of special heroic praise like some buffoons think they do.

Here just for you:

TIME

:rak_03::rak_04::rak_03:

Thank you Devs

It amazes me that there are still people in this world that are willing to accept broken and sub-standard products and then go on to criticise others if they make their voice heard.

This is a company who are paid to give the community a working product, yet they haven't bothered attempting to fix it nor patch their product for nearly 3 months.

People are spending their time attempting to gain achievements that are broken and are rightfully voicing their concern that this is simply not fair.

I'm gonna guess you're the kind of person who tips in a restaurant even if the service is poor. That you never actually tell other people about bad service you receive from somewhere, you simply "take it on the chin" and then attempt to find the one good thing they have done instead.

This is why companies continue to ship unfinished products and refuse to fix their mistakes - because there are people like you not only willing to accept this, but to compliment them too.