Swtor at its highest subscriber level in 3 years

VedaRa

Good news for SWTOR from EA’s FY16 Report

According to the latest EA Q3 FY 2016 Financial Results репорт, our favorite game Star Wars: The Old Republic has registered the highest number of Subscriptions since “nearly 3 years”.

Here’s the quote from EA’s document:

In Q3, STAR WARS™: The Old Republic grew to its highest subscriber level in nearly three years.

Quote:

Star Wars fans are deeply engaged in our experiences on mobile and PC as well. On mobile, Star Wars

Galaxy of Heroes quickly built a strong player base after it launched in November, reaching the top 5 most-downloaded iOS games in more than 130 countries. On PC, our Star Wars: The Old Republic community has grown to the highest subscriber level in nearly three years, driven by the latest digital expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire. More great content is on the way for players in each of these experiences, as well as new

Star Wars titles for multiple platforms in development across the company.

Quote:

Subscriptions, advertising, and other digital revenue contributed $90 million, down 10% from last year, due to the natural decline in the recognition of Battlefield 4 Premium revenue. However, EA Access is delivering strong, sustained growth, and we launched a similar PC subscription service, Origin Access, in January. Our most recent update to Star Wars: The Old Republic has fueled subscriber growth with its rich content and deep story-telling.

Read the whole report here: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=952277

Guess those sub numbers confirms that the silent majority very much is into story!

Edited by VedaRa

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for SWTOR from EA’s FY16 Report

According to the latest EA Q3 FY 2016 Financial Results репорт, our favorite game Star Wars: The Old Republic has registered the highest number of Subscriptions since “nearly 3 years”.

Here’s the quote from EA’s document:

In Q3, STAR WARS™: The Old Republic grew to its highest subscriber level in nearly three years.

Quote:

Star Wars fans are deeply engaged in our experiences on mobile and PC as well. On mobile, Star Wars

Galaxy of Heroes quickly built a strong player base after it launched in November, reaching the top 5 most-downloaded iOS games in more than 130 countries. On PC, our Star Wars: The Old Republic community has grown to the highest subscriber level in nearly three years, driven by the latest digital expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire. More great content is on the way for players in each of these experiences, as well as new

Star Wars titles for multiple platforms in development across the company.

Quote:

Subscriptions, advertising, and other digital revenue contributed $90 million, down 10% from last year, due to the natural decline in the recognition of Battlefield 4 Premium revenue. However, EA Access is delivering strong, sustained growth, and we launched a similar PC subscription service, Origin Access, in January. Our most recent update to Star Wars: The Old Republic has fueled subscriber growth with its rich content and deep story-telling.

Read the whole report here: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=952277

Guess those sub numbers confirms that the silent majority very much is into story!

Those sub numbers are largely from the release of the movie. Sure some came back for kotfe, but let's be honest here, everything is not rainbows and Gummi besrs. We are in the critical months here, because churn being what it is, we will mostly likely lose most of those sub gains unless the devs hit the ground running. As these new players get into end game realize there is nothing left to do in the end game, they will drop this game like a bad habit. Also the report isn't totally current. It is for their previous quarter, which means we might have already lost some of those subs.

Those sub numbers are largely from the release of the movie. Sure some came back for kotfe, but let's be honest here, everything is not rainbows and Gummi besrs. We are in the critical months here, because churn being what it is, we will mostly likely lose most of those sub gains unless the devs hit the ground running. As these new players get into end game realize there is nothing left to do in the end game, they will drop this game like a bad habit. Also the report isn't totally current. It is for their previous quarter, which means we might have already lost some of those subs.

Lol, you would have found something to be negative about if they had sent every subscriber a cheque for fifty thousand dollars when the report came out. Just leave.

except these two things didn't exist in a vacuum of each other holocron I'm sure TFA was a major contributor, but I'm sure many of the new and returning players had a thought process along these lines.

"Man TFA was awesome I'm sure hyped for star wars right now! ohh hey the Star wars MMO just put out a new expansion, I should totally check it out!"

Lol, you would have found something to be negative about if they had sent every subscriber a cheque for fifty thousand dollars when the report came out. Just leave.

Typical EA, forcing us to go to a bank to cash a cheque when they could easily just send the money electronically to our accounts.

"has grown TO the highest subscriber level in nearly three years"

Note, the above statement means that the level they were at December 31st was the highest in nearly 3 years. Not launch month in October. If it had peaked in October and already declined below the "nearly 3 year" threshold, the phrasing would be different.

Yeah there's so much denial about the game's success and given how the responses to this thread are so few I think a lot of delusional people got gut-punched by that wonderful thing called the truth.

No-one likes to be proved wrong, but it's really enjoyable for the spectators ;)

Perhaps its just me, But highest from what? The complete and utter lack of context is astonishing. If they were at 150k subs and add 1 they could still claim to be the highest in three years. I would like to also highlight the complete and utter lack of any info on what their revenue was.

"has grown TO the highest subscriber level in nearly three years"

Note, the above statement means that the level they were at December 31st was the highest in nearly 3 years. Not launch month in October. If it had peaked in October and already declined below the "nearly 3 year" threshold, the phrasing would be different.

In it's main points of the pre planned notes the phrasing is "grew" instead of "has grown", which makes it so that there was one point (release of KOTFE probably) where it hit that high mark.

Source:http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=952277

And for everybody that's celebrating this, with the amount of hype and structuring that they did to specifically boost the number of subscribers for KOTFE without care for anything else, if they hadn't hit this mark, I would be writing off the game at this point tbh. The thing that's going to determine their success or failure is the retention that they get with finally boosting subs to a high point even if it was done artificially.

"KotFE is killing this game!"

"Hey, the Q2 Earnings Call is out - after KotFE was announced, SWTOR's subscriptions jumped over 30%!"

"Yeah, well... just wait and see what the next quarter says, then you'll see!"

"Hey, the Q3 Earnings Call is out - SWTOR's subscriptions went up to the highest they've been in three years!"

"Yeah, well... just wait and see what the next quarter says, then you'll see!"

[repeat until a quarter goes by where SWTOR isn't specifically highlighted in the Earnings Call]

"See! I told you KotFE was killing this game!"

"kotfe is killing this game!"

"hey, the q2 earnings call is out - after kotfe was announced, swtor's subscriptions jumped over 30%!"

"yeah, well... Just wait and see what the next quarter says, then you'll see!"

"hey, the q3 earnings call is out - swtor's subscriptions went up to the highest they've been in three years!"

"yeah, well... Just wait and see what the next quarter says, then you'll see!"

[repeat until a quarter goes by where swtor isn't specifically highlighted in the earnings call]

"see! I told you kotfe was killing this game!"

yes

this

And for everybody that's celebrating this, with the amount of hype and structuring that they did to specifically boost the number of subscribers for KOTFE without care for anything else, if they hadn't hit this mark, I would be writing off the game at this point tbh. The thing that's going to determine their success or failure is the retention that they get with finally boosting subs to a high point even if it was done artificially.

how much can they bribe us to keep those subscriptions?

Perhaps its just me, But highest from what? The complete and utter lack of context is astonishing. If they were at 150k subs and add 1 they could still claim to be the highest in three years. I would like to also highlight the complete and utter lack of any info on what their revenue was.

But... there's LOTS of content if you are a new player! :D

They never report the revenue of a single title. Thanks for understanding.

***EDIT***

Oops... misread "context" as content. But, I'll just leave this here since people like to complain about that, anyway. :o

Edited by AlienEyeTX

This still doesn't belong in an MMO.

The people willing to pay for massively singleplayer are the people who haven't fought software from long-defunct publishers which still thinks it's 2000.

The point of an MMO is to go to imaginary places, meet people from all over the world, and do stuff with and to their characters.

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

But... there's LOTS of content if you are a new player! :D

They never report the revenue of a single title. Thanks for understanding.

***EDIT***

Oops... misread "context" as content. But, I'll just leave this here since people like to complain about that, anyway. :o

Well, If you consider in the past they have stated the revenue for SWTOR I would agree.

Sorry you were incorrect on both counts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.