Changes to Start at 60 Armor

EricMusco

Not sure where this confusion is coming from. Eric's post clearly states this look is being added to the alliance supply crates, says nothing at all about it being removed and the existing remnant set(s) being the only thing available.

It doesn't say they're adding it to the alliance supply crate, it says they're available in the alliance supply crates in 4.1. The Inquisitor and Warrior sets already are available in the alliance supply crates so why would they add those in twice? The Jedi Knight set is the only one that's different, even it's only just, but it's also listed with the Alliance Supply Crate.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where this confusion is coming from. Eric's post clearly states this look is being added to the alliance supply crates, says nothing at all about it being removed and the existing remnant set(s) being the only thing available.

I can answer for me that the confusion, or rather question, is where the schematics for the crafted sets are going to come from. Vendor, do you think? I would hope vendor.

They're not removing the Veteran sets from the game, so it'd still be available if my interpretation ends up being right, it'd just be bound to the start at 60 character. If you have it on any other characters at the moment, you'd keep it with them it'd just be bound to them instead.

But considering this is the look that they used for the Jedi Knight in all of the KOTFE promotional work, I think it'd be a mistake to make it available solely to start at 60 characters since a lot of returning players might want to continue a Knight they'd made previously, or new players might want to go through the story. But they see that armor in the ads only to find out it's a set that's bound to an instant character meaning the character they just leveled can never access it.

Eric, can you give any clarifications on this?

I understood that they are not going to remove the Veteran gear, but my point is that I want to use this armor set for characters that are not Instant Level 60s. I'm already stockpiling it in my Legacy Hold so I can later remove them one time and give them to other characters for an outfit slot.

I understood that they are not going to remove the Veteran gear, but my point is that I want to use this armor set for characters that are not Instant Level 60s. I'm already stockpiling it in my Legacy Hold so I can later remove them one time and give them to other characters for an outfit slot.

You might also consider removing the mods from the shell in case they convert it to fixed stats like a previous poster was mentioning.

It doesn't say they're adding it to the alliance supply crate, it says they're available in the alliance supply crates in 4.1. The Inquisitor and Warrior sets already are available in the alliance supply crates so why would they add those in twice? The Jedi Knight set is the only one that's different, even it's only just, but it's also listed with the Alliance Supply Crate.

It also states the sets (being made available) in either alliance crates or through crafting are faction specific. The sets currently available in the crates are not - therefore, they are not the same thing.

Eric, if between now and then, I create 8 level 60 characters, transfer the gear to applicable characters, and delete as I go, will I be hit with a ban hammer?

You shouldn't, the game is working as designed and as it has worked since 4.0 launched. They are making changes, but I'd be drop dead shocked if this was considered an exploit, considering that it works exactly as described in the patch notes.

Is that really what you think creating a lv60 and deleting a lv60 is being used for? OOoookaay

Hey folks,

Right now, when you make a brand new Start at 60 character, the armor that your character is wearing is Bind on Legacy. This has allowed players to make characters with the purpose of moving that armor appearance around to other characters. What we have seen on our side is that this has created a large increase in players creating characters just to get the armor sets, and then deleting those characters. This has created a negative impact on the data side. In order address this, we need to make some changes to how that gear works.

Starting in Game Update 4.1, the gear that comes with a Start at 60 character will be Bind on Pickup. This change will also affect all existing Start at 60 gear. Now, we know that there is a lot of interest in having those appearance available to characters. So here is a list of where you can attain those appearances in-game in 4.1:

• Sith Warrior – Alliance Supply Crate
  • Sith Inquisitor - Alliance Supply Crate
  • Imperial Agent – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Bounty Hunter – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Jedi Knight - Alliance Supply Crate
  • Jedi Consular – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Smuggler – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Trooper – Crafted (Grade 9)

Note that all of this gear is currently Faction specific. We are looking into adding non-Faction specific versions in the future.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Look Musco i can understand what you are saying but please don't put the armor in the supply crates please just have them in the crafting like you have done with the few below but for all armor sets the problem with the supply crates is there are too many sets of armor in list for the crates so the odds of getting a full set are incredibly low you have stated that some of the sets are in the crafting system why not just make all of them crafted.

It also states the sets (being made available) in either alliance crates or through crafting are faction specific. The sets currently available in the crates are not - therefore, they are not the same thing.

First of all, again, it doesn't say anywhere in that post that all of these sets will be "made available". It says, and I quote, "So here is a list of where you can attain those appearances in-game in 4.1:" Which means that in 4.1, those appearances will be attainable in those ways. That's true regardless of if they add it in with 4.1 or it was already available before 4.1 (as several of them are). So, lemme ask you this:

Why would they add faction-specific armors to the Alliances lockboxes when all of the armor in them thus far haven't been? Especially when, again, two of the sets are already in the lockboxes. The Warrior and Inquisitor Start at 60 sets are exact matches to the Remnant Dreadguard Warrior and Remnant Arkanian Inquisitor sets respectively, at least as far as the distinct pieces are concerned (meaning, excluding the headgear since all start at 60 sets share the same headgear, one that's readily available for both factions).

To answer your original question maybe a little better:

Sith Warrior – Alliance Supply Crate

Sith Inquisitor - Alliance Supply Crate

Imperial Agent – Crafted (Grade 8)

Bounty Hunter – Crafted (Grade 8)

Jedi Knight - Alliance Supply Crate

Jedi Consular – Crafted (Grade 8)

Smuggler – Crafted (Grade 8)

Trooper – Crafted (Grade 9)

As you can see, only two of the eight listed armor sets aren't "available" (quotes because, as mentioned, several of them aren't perfect matches but they have similar "looks") right now. Of the ones that are, that list matched up perfectly. By which I mean, the three that were in the Alliance boxes and not crafted are listed in the Alliance boxes in Eric's post, not crafting. The ones that are craftable currently are listed as craftable, not in the Alliance lockboxes. One of the two that isn't available period is listed as craftable at Grade 9, the new crafting level we'll be getting with 4.1. The only oddball is the Consular set, which is at Grade 8. You could chalk that up to the fact that after Grade 3, all of the armor sets Synthweaving (the one that would likely be getting the Consular set) can make are visually mirrored for what used to be Light Armor and Medium/Heavy, as opposed to Armormech which has a distinct Trooper/BH and Smuggler/Agent set for every grade (which, coincidentally, are faction-specific) so adding this in at Grade 8 would balance that out somewhat for Synthweaving.

So, that's where the confusion is coming from and that's why I'd like some clarification.

So here is a list of where you can attain those appearances in-game in 4.1:

-eric

That is incorrect. The Alliance Supply Crate version has the hood up. The start 60 gear has the hood down, making it unique. You will be removing the only way to acquire the hood down chest piece. We will need another way to acquire the starter 60 chest piece since it is not identical to the Alliance Supply Crate.

The data problem isn't about gear, its about the characters themselves. BW have stated several times in the past that by the time you get to 60 the data build up for that character is significant. Although these are create at 60s the same data requirement is still there for tracking all the things that could be done and have, or have not. This is a non-issue for level 1's that also get created over and over, as the data set for them is miniscule in comparison. And because there is an expectation on BW to retain deleted characters for possible restoration, they won't simply erase that data for a deleted start at 60.

I was wondering what they meant with that and your explanation makes kind of sense.

___

I also appreciate the early warning. I haven't made use of my token yet, but in general this post delivers on the communication promise.

Hey folks,

Right now, when you make a brand new Start at 60 character, the armor that your character is wearing is Bind on Legacy. This has allowed players to make characters with the purpose of moving that armor appearance around to other characters. What we have seen on our side is that this has created a large increase in players creating characters just to get the armor sets, and then deleting those characters. This has created a negative impact on the data side. In order address this, we need to make some changes to how that gear works.

Starting in Game Update 4.1, the gear that comes with a Start at 60 character will be Bind on Pickup. This change will also affect all existing Start at 60 gear. Now, we know that there is a lot of interest in having those appearance available to characters. So here is a list of where you can attain those appearances in-game in 4.1:

• Sith Warrior – Alliance Supply Crate
  • Sith Inquisitor - Alliance Supply Crate
  • Imperial Agent – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Bounty Hunter – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Jedi Consular – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Smuggler – Crafted (Grade 8)
  • Trooper – Crafted (Grade 9)

Note that all of this gear is currently Faction specific. We are looking into adding non-Faction specific versions in the future.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

like most people i have multiple characters, some were shelved for a long time, two of them were completely naked for some reason (proberly desperate for credits lol) point is, i used the create\delete method you described to give them a basic set of armor , so they could then play through KOTFE. which they did. which i enjoyed. I now play those characters again and they get more play time than my previous FOTM's ( Im sure you could even check that data)

i used the gear until lvl 65, Then attempted the usual endgame upgrade. I have a feeling the "negative" effect you are talking about is just because people are selling the quest reward gear boxes instead of equipping them, and you guys are all butthurt about that? Please explain this "negative effect" regarding data more if possible, help us understand the changes you make.

The level 60 introduction gear set made me play the game more, i cant be the only one...., do these situations come into consideration before you make sweeping changes.

Edited by Extinctionzone

No one being hurt people enjoying it? Better patch it out, and add it to the cartel market

FTFY.

I'm tempted to actually spend some of my accumulated stipend on an insta-60 to get the rest of the armors I need.

I had no intention on doing that, but literally just because of Eric's post, I am tempted to do this - and I'm betting others are too. This is a great way to create the thing you are trying to apparently prevent. :rolleyes:

like most people i have multiple characters, some were shelved for a long time, two of them were completely naked for some reason (proberly desperate for credits lol) point is, i used the create\delete method you described to give them a basic set of armor , so they could then play through KOTFE. which they did. which i enjoyed. I now play those characters again and they get more play time than my previous FOTM's ( Im sure you could even check that data)

i used the gear until lvl 65, Then attempted the usual endgame upgrade. I have a feeling the "negative" effect you are talking about is just because people are selling the quest reward gear boxes instead of equipping them, and you guys are all butthurt about that? Please explain this "negative effect" regarding data more if possible, help us understand the changes you make.

The level 60 introduction gear set made me play the game more, i cant be the only one...., do these situations come into consideration before you make sweeping changes.

It doesn't matter what the reason is. Whatever reason they give you are going to say BS they don't know what they are doing so on. Just look at post in this thread. They are doing it because player like it.

Edited by Warrgames