Can we PLEASE get a Blaster, that looks good, that has the iconic movie sound effect?

Wraiven

Not a single one in game exists. It's hard enough to find a Lightsaber, with the iconic original trilogy sound effects, but a blaster does not even exist in game that has the sound effect.

Now, before anyone says that they are not allowed, I disagree. Blaster rifles has the sound effect. Just blasters do not.

For anyone trying to understand the sound effect I am speaking of, it's this one...

Funny how the ones that sound decent are also the ugliest weapons in the game. I wish we just had slots for our sounds and we choose the sound we want for our weapons. I would like my lightsabers to growl like Darth Marr's please and thanks, and my blaster to sound like that wrench dinging the power line. Surely you could get an intern to go out and smack a line with a wrench. Preferrably not a live one...though on some level it might be kind of funny. :D

First you're not happy with the lightsaber styles and sounds. Now it's blasters? Is there anything you do like?

What do you consider "Iconic?" There are thousands of worlds in the SWU. They don't have a "cut and paste" blaster that's universal to all weapon manufacturers.

I can imagine what a Basic Trainee in the Army would say to his Drill Sergeant: "Drill Sergeant. There's something wrong with my weapon."

Drill Sergeant snatches the weapon away and inspects it. He fires it 3 times in a tight shot group. "Nothing wrong with this weapon, maggot!"

"But Drill Sergeant. It doesn't sound like the 'Iconic' weapons in Rambo." Replies the Basic Trainee. "I need a new one!"

"Boy, you got the brains of a rock." The Drill Sergeant fumes. "Now drop until I get tired!"

Two things ... 1) apparently BW will never put in iconic blaster sounds, lightsaber sounds or Jedi robes ... that's the one certainty with this game and 2) aside from the blaster sounds, can we get simple blaster animations ... like if we insert a green color crystal, please make all of our attacks green instead of the rainbow of colors that our special attacks now create.

Tatooine Bonus series always used to yield a Rancor X blaster - a big meaty bass sound. I have it on all my smugglers. - THo' its more like a proper firearm sound than a blaster.

Kingpin's blaster rifle OR Ten Kilometer Killer for all my snipers. - the former has a hefty chug-chug-chug sound as it chews though the opposition. - Especially as Cull is a mainstay of the rotation.

Some of the custom made (armstech) aren't too bad for sounds.

But yeah, some of them are too high pitched breathy 'pew pew' or 'chew chew' for my liking. - But w/e ....they all do the same job. best to check out YouTube or experiment if you have the credits to spend.

As for looks- I don't recall anyone admiring my choice in guns...in all these years....

First you're not happy with the lightsaber styles and sounds. Now it's blasters? Is there anything you do like?

What do you consider "Iconic?" There are thousands of worlds in the SWU. They don't have a "cut and paste" blaster that's universal to all weapon manufacturers.

I can imagine what a Basic Trainee in the Army would say to his Drill Sergeant: "Drill Sergeant. There's something wrong with my weapon."

Drill Sergeant snatches the weapon away and inspects it. He fires it 3 times in a tight shot group. "Nothing wrong with this weapon, maggot!"

"But Drill Sergeant. It doesn't sound like the 'Iconic' weapons in Rambo." Replies the Basic Trainee. "I need a new one!"

"Boy, you got the brains of a rock." The Drill Sergeant fumes. "Now drop until I get tired!"

Interesting how me pointing out anything that bothers me in this game offends you so much that you actually come in here and insult me.

First, I am pretty chill with the things I have had problems with lately. I talk about them, I don't come in here and throw temper tantrums like most people who complain about the game. My whole purpose with anything that I talk about is in hopes of bringing awareness and hopefully making some changes.

If that is too much for you, I suggest you skip any threads I create. I wouldn't want to offend you with my posts and in turn cause you to have to join them and then insult me.

perhaps the guy who develops the technology for that sound hasnt been born yet?

Not really. There are currently (perhaps more) two Blaster Rifles that have the classic movie sound effects. So the sound exists, the sound file exists, they simply are not applying them to any of the blasters in game.

I don't know what you mean with "looks good", because there are so many different designs ... but one last PvP season had na blaster which looked very much like Han Solo's blaster, only bigger. I think this was between 2.0 and 3.0 ...

I mean a combination of good looks and sound effects. So far, I have found that weapons that have a good sound look dinky, where as weapons that have great looks sound like the old 1970's ping pong ball guns.

Interesting how me pointing out anything that bothers me in this game offends you so much that you actually come in here and insult me.

First, I am pretty chill with the things I have had problems with lately. I talk about them, I don't come in here and throw temper tantrums like most people who complain about the game. My whole purpose with anything that I talk about is in hopes of bringing awareness and hopefully making some changes.

If that is too much for you, I suggest you skip any threads I create. I wouldn't want to offend you with my posts and in turn cause you to have to join them and then insult me.

First off, your suggestion is in the wrong forum.

Second: You never answered my questions.

Third: Your suggested changes would mean no diversity between sounds and weapons. If you had your way every lightsaber and blaster would be identical to every other lightsaber and blaster. No thanks. I like my variety - it's the spice of life. You're asking for a basic, standardized, and generic sound for things that should, in essence, have a multitude of possible sounds (not just some sound a sound tech from the '70's thought something should sound like and made it the generic sound for every blaster in the movies). Catch up to the rest of us here in the 21st century and have some tidbit of imagination.

Lastly: If you can't handle the criticism, then maybe you should stop posting. :rolleyes:

I, for one, would love to see more Kotor-style weapon models, especially blasters and non-lightsaber melee weapons, collections-unlockable and I really think they'd rock in this game's setting.

I like the D-200 Military Enforcer. It looks beautiful and sounds like a tie fighter.

One of my all-time favourites... :)

Edited by sentientomega

I like the D-200 Military Enforcer. It looks beautiful and sounds like a tie fighter.

So it's completely silent, then? (Space being a vacuum and all that...) ;););)

What I want is an HBG for my Commando that has a suitably harsh sound and doesn't stick out of the front of my character's shoulder. The EL-34 has the perfect look, almost (tweak the muzzle shape a bit and you could be hauling around an Oerlikon 20mm AA gun(1). THAT would be epic.), but the sound isn't quite there.

I'm looking for a sort of BRA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AK! sound rather than dof dof dof, and the classic bwot bwot sound isn't right either. (Point of reference: the different "voices" of Space Marine weapons in Dawn of War II: Retribution.)

(1) As used in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot to crack a bank vault of all things.

Not really. There are currently (perhaps more) two Blaster Rifles that have the classic movie sound effects. So the sound exists, the sound file exists, they simply are not applying them to any of the blasters in game.

fantastic. step 1 is out of the way. step 2...get him to moonlight for other weapon manufacturers.