Returning Companions

Vanis

I have decided to try making new characters and re-doing my main character, as I wait for my fave companions to return via KOTFE lol i cant handle playing a chapter then stopping...i lose momentum xD

At least im going to be a LITTLE less addicted to the game now >_>

I thought about doing that with my main,(an Inquisitor) but decided against it since this is the longest I've stuck with a character without getting bored midway through. I'll probably re-roll my Smuggler so I can enjoy the main story line and finish up any Pub achievements I may have missed. Still I think the only other class I will play through the expansion is my main Pub side; my Chiss Consular. Since I'm not really fond of any of the companions it's not really a huge loss if they don't show up for awhile. Plus I think her and Koth may hit it off. :rolleyes:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to try making new characters and re-doing my main character, as I wait for my fave companions to return via KOTFE lol i cant handle playing a chapter then stopping...i lose momentum xD

At least im going to be a LITTLE less addicted to the game now >_>

Sounds like a lot of us are doing this. I took my main (a juggernaut), through kotfe without knowing what to expect at all. Eventually I decided to make another jugg and stop right at kotfe until I know exactly how the story will play out. Could be a long wait but I feel good having a back up (who I love just as much or more than) my main and who still has all her companions. (I like Quinn, sue me!)

As you said, the added benefit is that someday she'll be able to go through the whole story at once.

Since I'm not really fond of any of the companions it's not really a huge loss if they don't show up for awhile.

I felt this way about my inq. Don't really care about anyone but Talos, and he's back already.

Edited by grania

So Aric is indeed confirmed to be the next main character for Chapter XI: Disavowed. It seems that with the big event that happens at the start of Chapter X the two governments aren't doing anything and Havoc Squad is getting disillusioned/wants to fight the real threat.

Also, what did everyone think of Kaliyo in this chapter?

I have to say that I liked her on a few occasions and I sort of get her twisted outlook especially because she got me thinking about what someone like that would be like in a Utopian society. Beyond that though her ruthlessness really bothered me. She was ready to murder everyone because they made her feel bad. I might have got it wrong, but she was upset because she lost everything (I get that), but also because they gave her a job, an apartment and free reign to do what she wants?

I haven't done Blizz's recruitment yet, but its searching for scrap apparently. If anyone has done it yet please let me know what it all entails and what you thought.

I'm also hoping everyone got HK because his new story was kind of fun (very hands off, but funny).

Also, what did everyone think of Kaliyo in this chapter?

I have to say that I liked her on a few occasions and I sort of get her twisted outlook especially because she got me thinking about what someone like that would be like in a Utopian society. Beyond that though her ruthlessness really bothered me. She was ready to murder everyone because they made her feel bad. I might have got it wrong, but she was upset because she lost everything (I get that), but also because they gave her a job, an apartment and free reign to do what she wants?

I haven't done Blizz's recruitment yet, but its searching for scrap apparently. If anyone has done it yet please let me know what it all entails and what you thought.

Well I never liked Kaliyo and this episode didn't really change my opinion, then again my ds leaning smuggler is now more LS since my DS choices are no longer stealing for myself. But back to Kaliyo, her unreliability worries me, she betrayed every single person she ever worked with, and your character witnesses this firsthand so non agents are aware of this fact. I think even skadge would be a better recruit because at least he's stupid (but I do hate him more) so the fact that we are forced to take her along rubbed me the wrong way.

As for blizz, most of it is easy if tedious but the end is awesome. Just in case someone doesn't want to know the steps don't read past this.

you have to collect 20 scrap scattered across the starship graveyard and then help him give gifts to his crew. After that you lead the jawas to battle against a group of ugnauts to recover something for a job. And at the end there is a "jedi master" recruited from hoth in the base game that the smuggler should remember vividly (voice only sadly, no recruitment for now)

I haven't done the content on my agent yet, but, honestly?

...I liked the Kaliyo plot.

The expected thing is that she's a terrorist that's okay with killing civilians because she's evil and twisted, and the story plays that straight...

...right up until the end, when it let's you know that, yeah, even Kaliyo got broken by Zakuul, her anarchist streak corrupted into a bit of subversive entertainment to keep the masses amused. The notion that even the wild, unfettered, kinda-crazy Kaliyo was beaten down so much was a clever story twist that I didn't see coming, but made sense in retrospect.

Khem quest got leaked by Bioware themselves (Reclaimed Treasure).

Bowdarr will be recruitabale through Eternal Championship Arena, BW already confirmed

Guss is the contact from Blizz quest so he will come sometimes soon too.

Zenith with Deep Strike Alliance Alert, leaked by Bioware themselves via Achievements (check your Legacy), can be killed like Xalek/Lokin

Aric is Main Character in Chapter XI

Shining in Darkness - another leak courtesy by Bioware 4.1 testing, google it if you're really curious who it is.

That's all the official stuff so far

Edited by Pietrastor

Khem quest got leaked by Bioware themselves (Reclaimed Treasure).

Bowdarr will be recruitabale through Eternal Championship Arena, BW already confirmed

Guss is the contact from Blizz quest so he will come sometimes soon too.

Zenith with Deep Strike Alliance Alert, leaked by Bioware themselves via Achievements (check your Legacy), can be killed like Xalek/Lokin

Aric is Main Character in Chapter XI

Shining in Darkness - another leak courtesy by Bioware 4.1 testing, google it if you're really curious who it is.

That's all the official stuff so far

Sadly... The reclaimed treasure isn't Khem...It's some Khem fanboy Dashade!

Also, what did everyone think of Kaliyo in this chapter?.

Disappointed that I didn't have the choice not to recruit her. I am sick of BW saying choices matter.......blah blah.... when actually they should say OUR (BW) choices. I did not want Kaliyo and got stuck with her. I'm tired of it. Give me a blasted choice on the companions.

Disappointed that I didn't have the choice not to recruit her. I am sick of BW saying choices matter.......blah blah.... when actually they should say OUR (BW) choices. I did not want Kaliyo and got stuck with her. I'm tired of it. Give me a blasted choice on the companions.

To name three examples of player-selected choices having consequences or impacting the story according to my memory:

- Valkorion will override your decision during the Asylum battle if you've accepted his offer of power enough times.

- Koth will leave the Alliance at the end of "Anarchy in Paradise" if you selected enough choices throughout the chapters that has conflicted with him. Whether he rejoins remains to be seen.

- Xalek can die by the Outlander's hand and it does not seem like he'll be returning to life if that choice is selected

To name three examples of player-selected choices having consequences or impacting the story according to my memory:

- Valkorion will override your decision during the Asylum battle if you've accepted his offer of power enough times.

- Koth will leave the Alliance at the end of "Anarchy in Paradise" if you selected enough choices throughout the chapters that has conflicted with him. Whether he rejoins remains to be seen.

- Xalek can die by the Outlander's hand and it does not seem like he'll be returning to life if that choice is selected

I agree. Plus, we may get the chance to boot her from the Alliance or kill her off later on. Koth leaves depending on your choices after all.

Edited by h_weber

You know I had assumed that Chapter 10-16 was "Season Two" of KotFE, but something tells me that the HK mission is going to be the first of the second season content. Don't get me wrong I think we'll be done with Arcann by the end of Chapter 16, but I think we'll still be sticking with the story for a while.

You know I'm still curious to know if we'll be sticking with one main character per chapter or if we'll get two back at some point. I don't think we will with Chapter XI, but in the future who knows.

Another question for you guys is whether or not you think some classes will have all of their companions back before some classes get their second? The Trooper will be almost complete and the Agent is only missing two more.

You know I had assumed that Chapter 10-16 was "Season Two" of KotFE, but something tells me that the HK mission is going to be the first of the second season content. Don't get me wrong I think we'll be done with Arcann by the end of Chapter 16, but I think we'll still be sticking with the story for a while.

You know I'm still curious to know if we'll be sticking with one main character per chapter or if we'll get two back at some point. I don't think we will with Chapter XI, but in the future who knows.

Another question for you guys is whether or not you think some classes will have all of their companions back before some classes get their second? The Trooper will be almost complete and the Agent is only missing two more.

I doubt we will see all the companions back, or at the very least all LI's back by the end of Chapter 16, unless they start to double or triple up on returning companions in the upcoming chapters, but it looks like they are sticking to one LI/companion per chapter. This is gonna leave a lot of people disappointed, especially if its an uneven return of companions, with some classes only getting one with others getting 4 or all their companions back.

I do hope all companions are returned by chapter 16, so that way everyone is happy, but that probably won't happen IMO as it seems to be one companion per chapter.

Edited by LumeriaFortuna

While Jorgan is front and center in the picture I think that is Elara Dorn behind him. They may both be back with chapter 11. There are two reasons for this.

1- it would be an interesting dynamic in the story if those two were having different opinions on how to fight the war. The player would be the deciding vote in this case and the story would be a considerable boost.

2- If you played through the trooper story then the command structure could have Elara as the one in charge of the unit after your absence. Both of them coming in as a black ops team and if you played a trooper they would have reason to want to rescue you (friend or lover depending on circumstances)

In the end I think we'll see both return for the chapter and then Bowdarr return through the championship.

The game's code refers to chapter 10 as apart of season 1

While Jorgan is front and center in the picture I think that is Elara Dorn behind him. They may both be back with chapter 11. There are two reasons for this.

Dorne is blond, that woman in the picture with Jorgan is brunette. Sorry, guys, but it looks like female characters are getting a love interest back next chapter. Which is fair if they alternate between male/female and Imp/Pub every month :)

Dorne is blond, that woman in the picture with Jorgan is brunette. Sorry, guys, but it looks like female characters are getting a love interest back next chapter. Which is fair if they alternate between male/female and Imp/Pub every month :)

Hair dye. Just putting that out there. I have noticed that all the characters have a somewhat changed look from their original models. If they are running black ops then it wouldn't be far fetched to assume that the characters have made some changes.

Hair dye. Just putting that out there. I have noticed that all the characters have a somewhat changed look from their original models. If they are running black ops then it wouldn't be far fetched to assume that the characters have made some changes.

Have any of them (besides Lana) actually had their models change? I've been under the impression that they're all just wearing new default armor.

Beyond that I don't think, now that I'm aware of a season 2, they will be dividing the screen time of the old romances. They might have one join up with a non-LI sort of like Risha joining up with Tharan or Gault, but not Corso and Risha in one chapter.

Have any of them (besides Lana) actually had their models change? I've been under the impression that they're all just wearing new default armor.

Aric had his model changed but that was after Cathar race got added, hence they redid him a bit. Perhaps Ashara will get a new model thanks to Togruta race getting added for players, otherwise I wouldn't expect anything. Kaliyo model is exactly the same, as it Talos, Pierce, Lokin etc. Heck, they didn't even bother giving Kaliyo and updated character icon

Edited by Pietrastor

I'm curious. The only characters I used the customizations on haven't returned yet. So for those whose already have, did they retain them, or did they revert back to when we originally recruit them back in chapters 1-3?

I can confirm that with Kaliyo in the cut scenes etc: she had the customization I had put on her, a nice surprise as honestly I was not expecting them to still be on / remembered.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I can confirm that with Kaliyo in the cut scenes etc: she had the customization I had put on her, a nice surprise as honestly I was not expecting them to still be on / remembered.

Had you retrieved her old gear from the companion window prior to recruiting her? I did that with Andronikos and received a copy of the customization included with the gear. I just wonder if I ended up removing it completely and he'll end up looking like he did when I first recruited him; which would be disappointing.

Edited by h_weber

Well, just in case the customizations don't cross over if you grab the gear through the companion window I just reapplied them after using the terminal to bring them back. I'm just glad that using the terminal doesn't affect how your story progresses. Edited by h_weber

Just wanted to clear up any lingering thoughts that Elara was in the Chapter 11 image. The woman has a different hairstyle entirely, dark brown hair, dark eyes (as opposed to Elara's green eyes the woman's eyes are a little more hazel to brown colored) and a different complexion than Elara. The woman's complexion is the one where it looks like they've been wearing goggles for a while and got a tan.

Also, not to spoil it but I loved Blizz's recruitment. You can do it in about an hour (if you're competing with a lot of people for salvage) so take that as you will (I thought I'd be doing his quest for days) and as was mentioned you get to hear a very familiar follower during the quest.