Bullet Club: GSF Training on the Bastion

scotchh

Before reading: this will be a Bastion event to be held on Fridays and Saturdays on the Bastion for the foreseeable future to help out new pilots on Bastion and an informal invitation to any new pilot from any server. If you have been interested in flying with a group to better understand the ships, the skills/basics, and calling out in voip with veteran players this will be a great opportunity for you to get in with a laid back group and begin to understand GSF a bit better. It was also brought to my attention that all the information I will be going over is on here in the forums and that is very true. I am personally not some one who can go through all kinds of information, read it and understand everything I need to know. I also know that others out there are the same way, and this will be for those types to really get into the nitty gritty in a Voip. The bellow portion is from my Reddit post. Reddit Post Or you can read below.

With ques beginning to pop again on the Bastion The Bullet Club has noticed a group of people who have the necessary skills but lack the basics. We want to help the community because contrary to the whispers I have been getting lately of disgruntled players who go up against us we do not get off on winning every day. We are a small GSF community on this server and we would love to grow. If you are a pilot on the Bastion or really any other server we want to set up a night where we can all get together in TS3 and show off builds and talk about what we did as new pilots years ago to make the grind a bit easier. So myself Bullet-Rondo with, Bullet-Ignitia, and Bullet-Nike along with the rest of our new pilots would like to extend this offer to have both sides show up and be put into groups with some veteran pilots and learn some skills. Hit me up in game or one of the other pilots mentioned or send an email through Reddit. The days we are looking at are Fridays and Saturdays 8 server time because that is when we really get some great ques and have a majority of the pilots on. I am available most days to answer questions as well just look for a toon with Rondo on the name on the Bastion. If you also have a voip and you are doing GSF in your guild and want to offer up a channel to use if we get big enough that would be awesome as well. Happy flying and I hope this works out and is greeted with positive remarks... (Please on the Positive) We are looking to train not to push people away from this amazing side game.

Hey there, I met you guys on The Bastion last night and just want to say I like that you guys are putting in effort to bring new people into the game and teaching them to fly in an organized way. When I was there last night, I was very surprised by the high frequency of pops on a server that a lot of us had written off as being more-or-less abandoned. I had constant pops the whole time I was queing and had some interesting matchups.

I may be back again sometime this weekend, will keep my eyes open for you guys!

Yup it was great to talk with you last night and I can say the Bastion has seen some really decent all be it newb pilots coming around. I would love to see its Ace community grow and with the help of my team and some hard work I am sure we can become a power house in the GSF community again.

Hey there, I met you guys on The Bastion last night and just want to say I like that you guys are putting in effort to bring new people into the game and teaching them to fly in an organized way. When I was there last night, I was very surprised by the high frequency of pops on a server that a lot of us had written off as being more-or-less abandoned. I had constant pops the whole time I was queing and had some interesting matchups.

I may be back again sometime this weekend, will keep my eyes open for you guys!

I have a theory :cool:

A theory! Please inform LOL. I am almost 100% certain this is a quote or inside joke lost on me LOL.

He thinks because I stopped playing there Bastion has miraculously recovered.

Although I'm super happy to hear Bastion is up again and will definitely be returning there now. That is by far my favorite server to play on, I just couldn't justify playing there with the really long queue times while streaming. Watching me sitting on the fleet in queue just isn't entertaining for an audience.

Look forward to flying with and against you Rondo.

As usual I'd be happy to help train any pilots that want help, all you have to do is ask. ^^

He thinks because I stopped playing there Bastion has miraculously recovered.

Although I'm super happy to hear Bastion is up again and will definitely be returning there now. That is by far my favorite server to play on, I just couldn't justify playing there with the really long queue times while streaming. Watching me sitting on the fleet in queue just isn't entertaining for an audience.

Look forward to flying with and against you Rondo.

As usual I'd be happy to help train any pilots that want help, all you have to do is ask. ^^

Be careful, you don't want to kill it again. I doubt the queues there can support a swarm of hungry locusts there to destroy the local GSF population. Even if it's just one of you. Remember, you killed the other dead PVP servers too! And you probably killed Harbinger while you were at it. That's what I heard, anyway.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

I am not even sure how many people will be showing up but seeing how all of my lessons stem off of lessons you taught me over the years both as flying against and with you it would be a pleasure to have you around. I tell people every day I am mediocre compared to people who uste to fly here and my 130k damage 30 kills per match are mostly because i am not sure I know how to go easy LOL. I tell them do not let me sit still or it will be a blood bath and they have definitely got better about keeping me on my toes. I need a pilot like you to keep me sharp though because ill be the first to say sometimes ill take a second hit before I move because I know I am built. I got lessons still needed to be learned for sure but first I need to get everyone on Bastion in good ships and groups. The videos will be starting again as well sense I got my new rig and can handle the game while recording. I am just genuinely excited with the amount of new faces playing and I want to do my part to sustain this interest.

Be careful, you don't want to kill it again. I doubt the queues there can support a swarm of hungry locusts there to destroy the local GSF population. Even if it's just one of you. Remember, you killed the other dead PVP servers too! And you probably killed Harbinger while you were at it. That's what I heard, anyway.

We at one point went toe to toe against those Drak and Stasie premades for a year straight. The Ques still popped every night and all it did was make the server better with its pilot population. I welcome the challenge I was never a better pilot then when I was going toe to toe with those amazing pilots.

We at one point went toe to toe against those Drak and Stasie premades for a year straight. The Ques still popped every night and all it did was make the server better with its pilot population. I welcome the challenge I was never a better pilot then when I was going toe to toe with those amazing pilots.

Okay, my fault here. My sarcasm was not clear enough. Yeah, I know he won't be a problem. He's always fun to play with or against.

Okay, my fault here. My sarcasm was not clear enough. Yeah, I know he won't be a problem. He's always fun to play with or against.

My fault I had not weighed in for Sarcasm we have both failed and I will be in my Corner.

he thinks because i stopped playing there bastion has miraculously evidently recovered.

Although i'm super happy to hear bastion is up again and will definitely be returning there now. That is by far my favorite server to play on, i just couldn't justify playing there with the really long queue times while streaming. Watching me sitting on the fleet in queue just isn't entertaining for an audience.

Look forward to flying with and against you rondo.

As usual i'd be happy to help train any pilots that want help, all you have to do is ask. ^^

fify 5 Edited by Lendul

Welp not sure what you were talking about Bastion making a come back I decided I'd stream some Bastion games. Got in queue waited 35 minutes straight and not a single game popped.

If there is a new better time to play please let me know, because that was a really bad stream for the viewers.

Drakolich not sure what your talking about logged in last night and went 2 hours 6 matches or so 5 minutes between ques. but sometimes the que times take a while. If you are there solely to stream then I would say choose a different server we are trying to bolster the community now so it may take a while. If you are queuing Friday's and Saturdays you can get a match quick usually later in the night 8 to 12 server

Interesting. I'm on on Bastion, impside right now. Trying to find a good GSF guild in gen chat and I got some anti gsf comments

We can get you into circle of enmity we have pilots flying all week long type that into the finder and one of my guys will get you in guild.

Drakolich not sure what your talking about logged in last night and went 2 hours 6 matches or so 5 minutes between ques. but sometimes the que times take a while. If you are there solely to stream then I would say choose a different server we are trying to bolster the community now so it may take a while. If you are queuing Friday's and Saturdays you can get a match quick usually later in the night 8 to 12 server

Alright I'll give it a shot again tonight then. Hopefully stream won't have to sit and watch me wait for 35 minutes again. :p

Alright I'll give it a shot again tonight then. Hopefully stream won't have to sit and watch me wait for 35 minutes again. :p

I watched the recording of that stream. No one managed to hit Drako, and he didn't miss any of his shots. It was definitely ace-level chairsitting.

Edit: You could have labelled it, "GSF ace sits in chair," or something. ;)

Edited by Ramalina

Thank you Drakolich for showing up last night for some Bastion GSF. Not only did you show up and get some fun matches in but my pilots really got a sense of how to fly when you are not the best. I enjoy flying against you but hearing some of my new pilots talking and strategising really made me feel better as a squad leader. Then flying with you (your 3 for 3 side switch) showed them how o fly with a pilot and be that pilots wing man. Hope to see you around more because not being the top dog in a match forced me to try new and more intense piloting that I have lacked in recent matches. That Imperium vs Scout on A match was intense wish I had a quicker lock on for that match but it was fun all the same.

not being the top dog in a match forced me to try new and more intense piloting that I have lacked in recent matches.

One reason I invited you to fly against me on Harbinger many months ago!

But I enjoyed flying with and against you on Bastion and look forward to doing it again around on the different servers.