Companions are now BROKENLY OP

Onestraydog

Ever since the new update I haven't had to use one ability to breeze through every quest that is my level. Currently I'm rolling a sage on Coruscant as a alt. And Qyzen is soloing heroics with EASE. I literally just sit at the door and tell him to attack and he slaughters multiple elites, or three strongs and a Champion enemy at the same time. I could just set him to heals and do the damage myself. But I rolled heal spec so I can heal Qyzen. I was expecting him to do well but I also expected to have to... uh.. y'know.. Actually heal him? He has over 7k HP at level 15, this is a ridiculous amount for a companion at that level. He's wiping through mobs of elites his level without falling below 50%. This new update completely broke the game.

Embarrassing. I don't know what possessed you to think you could get away with complaining about a falsehood nobody else was experiencing. It's fictitious smear jobs like this that make me wary of those complaining about bioware. Some people just like to watch the world go up in flames. Smh...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop complaining about the stupid companions. They nerfed them to the floor and far FAR more people complained about THAT then they did/do about them the way they are now. Stop doing easy stuff or just get rid of your companion.

They're not changing the companions again, they're not stupid, they WILL lose way WAY more people then they will to no 'new content' then to 'omg comp overbuffed'.

You mean how they purposely over nerfed them knowing they would buff them to the levels they were really shooting for to minimize the butthurt. Yeah, I remember that too. Their psychology kung fu only be working the feeble minded. You guys got force persuaded by the devs. It's funny and sad all at the same time.

Edited by Skaara

Embarrassing. I don't know what possessed you to think you could get away with complaining about a falsehood nobody else was experiencing. It's fictitious smear jobs like this that make me wary of those complaining about bioware. Some people just like to watch the world go up in flames. Smh...

They love complaining. I swear they stay subbed JUST to complain. Not the legit complaints to Bioware about bugs or whathaveyou, no they complain just to complain.

I like the companion power. But at lower levels it's definitely fairly mindless. Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on your personal preferences and desired playstyle, I suppose.

But it doesn't even take that long to get to where you actually have to do stuff. I was running heroics on my 65 Scoundrel and died doing the Mandalorian Heroic on Nar the other day. It's definitely possible to overwhelm the companion, even a healing companion.

You mean how they purposely over nerfed them knowing they would buff them to the levels they were really shooting for to minimize the butthurt. Yeah, I remember that too. Their psychology kung fu only be working the feeble minded. You guys got force persuaded by the devs. It's funny and sad all at the same time.

Hey, I'd be perfectly happy if they went right back to how companions were before 4.0. I had to keep their gear up, I had to use comms or crystals to give them good gear, instead of it being handed to me in the form of Influence.

Bioware's dumbing this game down to epic proportions. But I keep playing cause I still fine it fun. When I want something more challenging, I use my lower ranked companions.

I highly doubt people can faceroll every single heroic with their companion. Go do Starfortress H2 with a rank 1 companion, make it less facerolling for ya.

Excuse me? What do you mean falsehood? Make a consular, get qyzen, and go to coruscant and watch him solo heroics easily. I'm not a bioware hater, I've played all of their games so nice strawman. I'm only complaining about the state of companions.

Hey, I'd be perfectly happy if they went right back to how companions were before 4.0. I had to keep their gear up, I had to use comms or crystals to give them good gear, instead of it being handed to me in the form of Influence.

Bioware's dumbing this game down to epic proportions. But I keep playing cause I still fine it fun. When I want something more challenging, I use my lower ranked companions.

I highly doubt people can faceroll every single heroic with their companion. Go do Starfortress H2 with a rank 1 companion, make it less facerolling for ya.

I've done it but I'll agree with you. The solo game shouldn't be catered to my skill set because that is just un realistic and will tank the game. Especially after chasing away a huge chunk of the raiding player base. They made their bed so they are stuck with what they have. Can we at least agree the difficulty needs to be increased a little bit ? I mean there will always be someone who can't do content. You can literally put an i-win button in this game and someone will still figure out a way to make it fail.

While I agree that we shouldn't scale this game to the top end we shouldn't be making it for lowest end either. Can we at least have that compromise. The game needs to at least at the very minimum encourage people to want to learn. That is progression. Not faceroll until you hit the brickwall called flashpoints and then just play class stories over and over making the metrics look like that's all they care about when in fact the hierarchy of difficulty in this game is broken. Can any of you really deny this without being a complete liar.

Edited by Skaara

I think some people are misunderstanding. I don't want the game to be balls to the wall hard mode, but even IF the companions aren't able to do that at later levels it makes the game's early portions suffer. And those portions still matter because they are apart of the game.

Excuse me? What do you mean falsehood? Make a consular, get qyzen, and go to coruscant and watch him solo heroics easily. I'm not a bioware hater, I've played all of their games so nice strawman. I'm only complaining about the state of companions.

You can let the charade go. Walk into the glitch heroic on Nar shaddaa and see how quick you die with 2 golds, never mind 3, by not lifting a finger to help out. You're playing around with jr heroics that were soloable, long before 4.0 ever hit the game. In fact, it doesn't even have to be golds. I left doc in a mob of silver esh-ka to cover my escape on belsavis yesterday and he was dead within 3 minutes. Real overpowered :rolleyes:

Testing your companions out on low level heroics is a poor argument. Try the companions on harder heroics. Also, BioWare hits hard with the nerf hammer. Quit complaining. You want to make your companions weaker? Then get rid of half of their abilities. You forget that the reason the level sync is tolerable is because we have competent companions to fight along side us. Not weak companions that are the first to die and do no significant damage. Get over it and move on.

No strawman, your deception. Your OP stated companions had become too strong after the last update, which is false since they haven't changed in the last update and they could solo H2's on the starter planets before the update..

No strawman, your deception. Your OP stated companions had become too strong after the last update, which is false since they haven't changed in the last update and they could solo H2's on the starter planets before the update..

OP is a troll. We already had BioWare nerf them with their hammer and then they had to take it up a notch, because they nerfed the crap out of them. Leave our companions alone.

I'd argue pre 4.0, low level comps were pretty over powered. Any alt I'd roll I'd get HK at level 1, give him a gun, and I could sit back watch a movie and have a sandwich while he destroyed all of the starter areas/planets. Part of that had to do with my having high Presence, which made the pre-4.0 companions godlike. I'm not sure if that matters anymore.

OP is a troll. We already had BioWare nerf them with their hammer and then they had to take it up a notch, because they nerfed the crap out of them. Leave our companions alone.

Yes, because the one time someone has a complaint that isn't the popular majority they are obviously trolling.

The companions the way they are, are awesome. It allows me to kick back and relax a lot more when I'm playing an mmorpg to escape this world ;) I don't want to macro anything while playing an mmorpg. To an extent yes, but don't care for going hardcore cracky like starcraft 2 when playing ;)

The companions the way they are, are awesome. It allows me to kick back and relax a lot more when I'm playing an mmorpg to escape this world ;) I don't want to macro anything while playing an mmorpg. To an extent yes, but don't care for going hardcore cracky like starcraft 2 when playing ;)

Yea. We all were forced to use macros back in the days of 3.0. I don't even know how we managed it, it was so hardcore...

That's a strawman and not the only alternative to this, (And wasn't pre-4.0 either). Because I have the same goals and I don't think companions in current form allow me to "escape", unless you mean fall asleep then yes.

For all the posts saying "try that on higher heroics hurr hurr". I've already stated I'm not talking about late game. I'm talking about early planets and levels. Yes, it was possible to solo heroics before and I'm fine with that. But it wasn't possible to let your companion solo champions their level by themselves without losing more than 50% of their hp. Early game may not matter to some of you, but it's a first impression of the MMO and it's kind of lame with how their abilities are scaled at lower levels. If having a opinion of the dumbing down of the game makes me a troll, so be it. :rak_01::rak_01::rak_01::rak_01::rak_01::rak_01:

Yes, because the one time someone has a complaint that isn't the popular majority they are obviously trolling.

You're a troll on the basis that you're making an argument to get a rise out of people, while the specific feature that your complaining about is working as intended. End of story. Companions are made to be a better in the beginning, so you won't have as hard as time getting through content. Once you proceed into much harder content, it levels out, where your companion has slightly better stats to make up for the fact that the companion is an AI and not another player.

If you were serious, you wouldn't use a starter planet to make your argument, but a harder planet. End game heroics and whatnot on a level 60 or 65 planet. So you're either trolling or you're incompetent. Take your pick. This argument has gone on for months now and people like you, who apparently can't just do the content solo or disable half of your companion's abilities FEEL that is necessary to NERF them based on your minority opinion--which the content you wish to change isn't hurting anyone and is even making level sync bearable.