Level Sync Solution

BossLucifer

I whole-heartedly do not support level sync simply because i didnt train from 1-65 to be considered equal.... however... many people like it and i like to think from everyone's point of view. So to get to the point, an idea to fix the level sync problem is to have certain servers with level sync. Players that want level sync... play on those servers... players that don't want level sync, play on different servers. I know it's easier said than done, but i feel like a lot of people would agree with this. And i'm not for the whole "Level sync is the best thing ever" or "level sync sucks!" That's not what im trying to do.... I'm just trying to offer helpful solutions and hopefully one of the devs read it

Got my vote. I don't have any issues dividing up this already fractured community to get away from it. The results will speak for themselves once the dust has settled on what is more popular. I am even willing to pay huge amounts of cartel coins to transfer my 14 lvl 65's to said server. Edited by Skaara

Personally, I like the level sync (or I should say it doesn't bother me) but the prevailing flaw is that you have ALOT of players.

Let's say server Harbinger is made with level sync and Ebon Hawk is without. You have players on both ends with established toons (perhaps A LOt) with established legacys that fun stuff. Can you imagine the backlash between people wanting to switch servers, the load it would take and the guarantee of bugs occurring? You have guilds, names and all that mashing up together creating a huge mess.

In a couple billion years, the galaxy Andromeda and the Milky Way will collide or I should say Andromeda will swallow the Milky Way. The event will cause destruction on a massive scale. It's like that.

Got my vote. I don't have any issues dividing up this already fractured community to get away from it. The results will speak for themselves once the dust has settled on what is more popular. I am even willing to pay huge amounts of cartel coins to transfer my 14 lvl 65's to said server.
Just wish we could transfer guilds and guild assets in a similar fashion.

Just wish we could transfer guilds and guild assets in a similar fashion.

Yeah, that would be nice. I am actually going to increase my offer lol. I am willing to leave my guild, all 450 members/characters, flag ship .... AND pay upwards of 10k cartel coins per character to transfer. Especially if the challenge was raised a little bit. Yes, I hate LS that much. It's a virus that is eating the game from the inside out.

Edited by Skaara

Yeah i did think about the whole guild thing... hopefully they come up with a solution to just transfer guild attributes whenever u switch servers... but.. without thinking about guild, yes i'm aware that there would be bugs with Level sync selective servers... but bugs are expected... I just dislike level sync and don't even wanna play this game anymore because of it. I'm subscribed just to get bonus content... that is all.

Still amazed at why people are finding the time to moan about level sync:

Can you still beat everything (with the exception of world bosses) - Yes

Can you still beat everything without worry of death (except word bosses) - Yes

So what exactly does level sync mean you cannot do?

Well - no more solo'ing word bosses - which is a good thing, as there was nothing worse than getting a large group together for conquest points etc. just to have someone come along and solo it.

You can no longer go into normal mode FP's totoally over-levelled and walk through them.

So, two things you cannot do post level sync - yet this warrants a completely new server for those that want to walk around with their level 65 e-peen out on Tython?

Fix really not required. With the game going from 8 class stories to 1 combined and 2 distinct planet faction stories to 1, rather time was spent trying to keep that single thread of ongoing game going than trying to satisfy the "but I wanna just one-shot everything" crew - the usual vocal minority.

They should of made it a option somehow. I don't mind it but that is me. I used to zerg thru pre 4.0 now it takes a bit more time. Mainly due to me not getting back into the crafting portion till lately. I don't see why they couldn't set up modes. Many games do.

BW needs level sync to rehash content (probably the main reason they made it). So your suggestion won't happen. Just imagine they did this with KOTFE release. Since most endgame-content is rehash, the players on the no-sync server would have very little to do. Edited by Neglience

Still amazed at why people are finding the time to moan about level sync:

Can you still beat everything (with the exception of world bosses) - Yes

Can you still beat everything without worry of death (except word bosses) - Yes

So what exactly does level sync mean you cannot do?

Well - no more solo'ing word bosses - which is a good thing, as there was nothing worse than getting a large group together for conquest points etc. just to have someone come along and solo it.

You can no longer go into normal mode FP's totoally over-levelled and walk through them.

So, two things you cannot do post level sync - yet this warrants a completely new server for those that want to walk around with their level 65 e-peen out on Tython?

Fix really not required. With the game going from 8 class stories to 1 combined and 2 distinct planet faction stories to 1, rather time was spent trying to keep that single thread of ongoing game going than trying to satisfy the "but I wanna just one-shot everything" crew - the usual vocal minority.

It forces you to fight, that's the only problem I'm seeing.

If they get rid of the level sync for a server or two, which they won't do, this request is futile, they can go back to pre 4.0 mechanics like heroic fast travel being removed for them.

Got my vote. I don't have any issues dividing up this already fractured community to get away from it. The results will speak for themselves once the dust has settled on what is more popular. I am even willing to pay huge amounts of cartel coins to transfer my 14 lvl 65's to said server.

Same here. I dislike the whole down leveling thing and would gladly pay come CC's to switch servers and get away form it.

BW needs level sync to rehash content (probably the main reason they made it). So your suggestion won't happen. Just imagine they did this with KOTFE release. Since most endgame-content is rehash, the players on the no-sync server would have very little to do.

In that case they can do the same thing you are doing now. Difference will be, they will finish it a bit faster since all down leveling does is slow you down, doing the same tasks you may have been doing already.

Down leveling. The great time waster so 4 year old content can be rehashed. I'd leave my server today if we had severs that didn't have it.

Edited by Quraswren

Level Sync does not need any solution, it is fine. There 100 things more important in the game than doing even the slightest changes to level sync.

Anyway, splitting the server population even more will not solve anything.

Level Syns is one of the best quality of life change since start.

This might be of course only my opinion, anyway I am also part of the "community", "subscriber since start", "founder", "bla bla hero ...", so just saying.

i give you an entire 12 page thread on just this same issue!

And btw for us founders we should all remember we used to be 45 on Tatooine prior to 4.0 and ithere was 0 pont aside from rush class because nothing gave u anything worth anything not exp creds nothing. tell me again the downside of level capping a planet so i can get XP n creds?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=864749

Edited by Dawnscar

Funny part is..... I said i posted this to not start an argument... yet i see people griping about how "level sync is good" "there's nothing wrong with it" all i did was post an idea.. .and you're supposed to elaborate on it.. simple... could care less how you feel about it lol

Funny part is..... I said i posted this to not start an argument... yet i see people griping about how "level sync is good" "there's nothing wrong with it" all i did was post an idea.. .and you're supposed to elaborate on it.. simple... could care less how you feel about it lol

The community is too divided OP. It doesn't matter what you post or what ideas you have. We still be at each others throats using extreme polar arguments to make our cases until some compromise is reached. Just how it is.