PvP. Ending top dps in warzones

Levoca

Hello guys .

So as the title suggests im wondering if it is possible to top damage in warzones as maurader and if so coulsd you tell which specc to do it with.

I returned to the game recently but nowadays its hard to find proper detailed guides out there.

I also wonder what auguments mods you use for each pvp specc and what your stats should look like when full geared.

Any help would be appreciated cause my fun in the game is to be top damage but i always use guides to help with setups and gear cause im not good with maths.

Thank you all:p;):)

Hello guys .

So as the title suggests im wondering if it is possible to top damage in warzones as maurader and if so coulsd you tell which specc to do it with.

I returned to the game recently but nowadays its hard to find proper detailed guides out there.

I also wonder what auguments mods you use for each pvp specc and what your stats should look like when full geared.

Any help would be appreciated cause my fun in the game is to be top damage but i always use guides to help with setups and gear cause im not good with maths.

Your goal shouldnt be top dps since that's no use to anyone (not even you). You need to focus on objectives to win the match...

Btw its possible literally with every spec in game, maras included, you just need to l2p :rolleyes:

Hello guys .

I roll a Carnage Mara and regularly hit top, unless Madness Sorcs queue with me.

You should focus on objectives first, all those nice numbers don't mean anything if you lost.

Edited by Ruhun

Focus on dps and leave haters hate, most common way to win is via wiping the enemy team, what do you think good premades are predominantly doing? It's also ridiculous all these dpsers doing under 1k dps without being guard nodes or ninjas, then claiming playing objectives and coming to forums complaining about healers and other things.

Now if you can pull great dps numbers while playing objectives then that's the ideal ;). And in order to learn objective play you need to play with experienced players and ignore instructions such as "get orbs" while there is a bloody fight going on in the mid.

PS: And class specific question, as a marauder yes your role is to be a killing beast so high dps and/or burst kills should be your top priority with the occasional transedence when needed (run to support. speed up ball carrier, help healer kite, etc.).

PPS: And dont be too fuzzy about gear in pvp. Pulled 4.3k dps in half unaugmented 204 gear a while ago. As long as you are in augmented pvp gear you have all the potential to do high dps, optmized gear will give you no dps gain. Best advice I can give you for high dps is keep as much as possible uptime and spend every single cd doing something, preferably in the optimal way.

Edited by MusicRider

I roll carnage/combat and regularly top 3 in dps. But more importantly I'm top in solo kills which is usually my goal. My best match so far had been 7 solo. Regularly between 2-4 solo most matches. As a sentinel/mara burst is most important if you want a kill. Fluff damage is ok but you rarely get kills with it.

Ps. This spec is one of the best at burning through heals effetively. Pyro is the only other that comes close.

Edited by chosonman

I roll carnage/combat and regularly top 3 in dps. But more importantly I'm top in solo kills which is usually my goal. My best match so far had been 7 solo. Regularly between 2-4 solo most matches. As a sentinel/mara burst is most important if you want a kill. Fluff damage is ok but you rarely get kills with it.

Ps. This spec is one of the best at burning through heals effetively. Pyro is the only other that comes close.

The spec is so great for solo kills.

My goal right now is to reach 10 in a single match.

10 solo kills would be a breeze if your team or there team didn't interfere all the time. Also it's really dependant on what warzone your in, a voidstar is going to be difficult to gain 10 solo kills, where as a civil war or novarre coast it's plausible. I've had somewhere between 5 and 10 solo kills but I guess I never cared to look, I know I haven't had 10 because I don't have the achievement for it. Edited by SVTCarnage

I roll a Carnage Mara and regularly hit top, unless Madness Sorcs queue with me.

You should focus on objectives first, all those nice numbers don't mean anything if you lost.

What's your character name? I remember we had a bit of a discussion about this topic yesterday and I said I rarely see maras ending up in the top half of the chat even. I did manage to see a mara get top damage today, but otherwise it's been mercs and juggernaughts every other time dominating the top half. Maybe you were the guy I saw get most damage?

Edited by skarvika

What's your character name? I remember we had a bit of a discussion about this topic yesterday and I said I rarely see maras ending up in the top half of the chat even. I did manage to see a mara get top damage today, but otherwise it's been mercs and juggernaughts every other time dominating the top half. Maybe you were the guy I saw get most damage?

Jugs and Sorcs that end up on top are usually DoT specced.

Same goes for Sins. It's nice fluff damage and maintains overall pressure.

I did play on Tuesday but not yesterday. If you're on today PM me and let me know so I can talk to you in game.

I'm also not home until 7 PM EST because life and work, so let me know.

Edited by Ruhun