Wasnt expecting this

RedMercyyy

Its me again guy with problems with game's performance and fps and alot of stuttering.

This game worked 90% better on my old 32 bit system than on my new beefy pc that is 4 months old, would devs EVER do anything regarding this issue ? ive found hunderds of pages regarding this issue and there are NOOOOOOO fixes among them. This bothers me i subbed again and the game is hardly playable so what can we expect form this ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize that you are one of the FEW having this issue? Meaning that for a lot of us that we are also using beefed up systems that problem is not happening.

Actually I would adventure to say that to the Vast majority is not happening.

Good luck.

Actually its not a few its alot, alot of posts and hundreds of pages is not a few just to clarify

pages means nothing, that is a measure of volume of complaint. Related, but not the same.

and even if every post was unique (not even close), we're still only talking a few thousand. That's peanuts for a game of this size. More likely? maybe a hundred.

If you want help, you're going to need to do some leg work. Post a dxdiag, tell us what steps you've taken. Tell us what settings you're running at. What exactly are the FPS numbers are you getting (ctrl + shift + f to get them if you don't know), is the stuttering in the animations? UI? where are you getting the stuttering/what are you doing? etc.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/7/2016, 23:18:39

Machine name: KRESO-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)

Language: Croatian (Regional Setting: Croatian)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16280MB RAM

Page File: 5789MB used, 26766MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

dont wanna post the whole thing. Ok so The fps goes all over the place when im steady in Fleet where there are no people arround its over 100+ with Maxed out settings also with very los settings its the same when there are people arround me ex. fleet fps drops to 50-60, when im doing warzones fps goes to 30ish something with alot of stuttering, Doesnt matter if settings are maxed or at the lowest fps are the SAME even with v-sync on.

also fps drops ocurr when i open up inventory, and other tabs, As for the solutions ive used nividia experience to optimize the game for me, nothing. Ive installed directx 9, nothing. Ive tried to delete main art fx.tor file it helped for some ppl but the launcher updates the file and downloads it again, so thats about it

Actually its not a few its alot, alot of posts and hundreds of pages is not a few just to clarify

Before the big optimization patch on making graphic files binary instead of large text file i would have to agree large amount of people. What people do not realize when they say beef up computer the skimp on CPU's take a friend of mine he thought he had a top of the line gaming rig. Only to find out his CPU being the main issue with his performance on FPS. He bought a Cheap AMD CPU that was causing a bottleneck on his system.

A bad one at that players were stuttering around on him an warping to other location. He always accused others of hacking. Because after all his top end system could not be causing this it was hackers... Guess what we went trough his system piece by piece replacing each piece starting with video card all the way up to mother board ram and cpu was the last. Guess what happened when he put the new cpu in people stop stuttering and warping around.. You say top of the line but with out doing testing every piece of hardware you just don't know.

It is what we PC tech call known good you replace one piece at a time and find the week link. Turns out his processor was not handling multimedia very well and was defective. Every thing else worked worked fine on his pc. When he ran Swtor poof bad fps at 15fps in warezone with people stuttering and warping around... So unless your a PC tech and have tested each and ever piece of hardware before you blame BW to patch the game to fix a performance issue your having..

Now you will say but game B works fine on my PC it must be Swtor..

Edited by Neoforcer

Lol idk why gpu didnt paste i have asus strix 970, and yea lowering shadows or disabling them gives a few fps also i habe faulty gpu that freaks out after 15 mins on startup and iz fixed disabling it in device manager and enabling it again as fpr tne cpu problem it might be it but i dont think so i can run any game above 60fps. Also when j had my old pc with i5 750 oc to 3.7hz and radeon hd 5770 2gb with 32 bit system the game ran perfectly fine even better than now. So idk also disabling ui fps drops are bit lower but are still there.So the problem are the animations i mean movements procesed by cpu correct me if im wrong but cpus load doesnt go over 50 and max gpu load is 32%. So now im completely lost

Before the big optimization patch on making graphic files binary instead of large text file i would have to agree large amount of people. What people do not realize when they say beef up computer the skimp on CPU's take a friend of mine he thought he had a top of the line gaming rig. Only to find out his CPU being the main issue with his performance on FPS. He bought a Cheap AMD CPU that was causing a bottleneck on his system.

A bad one at that players were stuttering around on him an warping to other location. He always accused others of hacking. Because after all his top end system could not be causing this it was hackers... Guess what we went trough his system piece by piece replacing each piece starting with video card all the way up to mother board ram and cpu was the last. Guess what happened when he put the new cpu in people stop stuttering and warping around.. You say top of the line but with out doing testing every piece of hardware you just don't know.

It is what we PC tech call known good you replace one piece at a time and find the week link. Turns out his processor was not handling multimedia very well and was defective. Every thing else worked worked fine on his pc. When he ran Swtor poof bad fps at 15fps in warezone with people stuttering and warping around... So unless your a PC tech and have tested each and ever piece of hardware before you blame BW to patch the game to fix a performance issue your having..

Now you will say but game B works fine on my PC it must be Swtor..

Good points. I'm a layman, so I know next to zero about software or anything tech. But do you think it's fair to say that the engine SWTOR is built on isn't doing a good job of utilizing hardware that effectively?

The reason I ask is this: I can run games like Elder Scrolls Online and StarCraft 2 on maximum settings (including shadows) and still get a smooth, beautiful 90-100 FPS. But with SWTOR, I have to run my game through Razer Cortex and Park Control, as well as turning my shadows completely off. I get 80-100 FPS in the open world, but I'm still dipping into the 40s when I do warzones.

Of course, I know I'm outlining a first-world problem here and that I should be grateful for what I have, so please don't laugh at me too hard. ;)

But it would be nice to get the same benefit from my hardware here that I do in other games, ya know?

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

Older version but does help with graphics issues.

Captured with Shadowplay

Nvidia Control Panel settings and in game settings for best frame rates while keeping the eye candy.

Players have said these settings helped gain 10-20 FPS.

I will be creating a new video for SLI setup. Since I have tweaked these since I shot this video.

Only setting changed is the SLI rendering mode.

-SLI rendering mode -----> Force alternate frame rendering 2 (AFR 2)

I did see improvement using AFR2 for SWTOR. smoother frame rates and less tearing.

Xsplit captured the recording thus the higher usage and drop in frame rates. I didn't run Shadowplay which does not have the performance overhead Xsplit has. I'll do another video later using Shadowplay to provide more accurate results. I was streaming at the time of this video.

updated video with SLI settings I currently use. at the time of this post.

Try those settings in the Nvidia Control Panel and in game settings.

Download and install DirectX 9 June 2010 Redistribution.

Make adjustments to the settings to your likings. I'm using GTX 7xx series video cards. Dual GT 755m SLI, GTX 760 DirectCUII, and GTX 780tiSC respectively. i7 4700mq and i7 4770K for CPUs. All 3 computers have 16 GB Ram. Games installed on SSDs.

If using Windows 10 don't use the latest driver from Nvidia. I had crashes with it. I use Nvidia Driver versions 359.00 and 359.06

Remember the latest and greatest driver is not always the best.

Hope this helps.

Edited by knowmyname

Tnx for the help il try that over the weekend im busy in friday god help me, il tweak around nvidia panel and see the results might also overclock cpu to 3.7 since i have decent cooling in there and i rly hope i can fix thix, swtor always had a place in my heart. Also i plan on upping my cpu to i7 4790k in a few months hope il be able to afford it by than and cheers guys il report here after i try all of it :)

Are you running the game full screen or borderless windowed full screen? I used to get a lot of stuttering when I would pan the camera around in game, and switching from standard full screen to borderless window full screen fixed my performance issues. Maybe worth a try.

Are you running the game full screen or borderless windowed full screen? I used to get a lot of stuttering when I would pan the camera around in game, and switching from standard full screen to borderless window full screen fixed my performance issues. Maybe worth a try.

I kinda tried that also when i furiously spin tne camera fps drops a bit and it stutters

What are your nivida control panel settings and in game settings?

What OS and Nvidia driver version as well?

Ok im using the same settings on nvidia control panel as u and i have nvidia 361.43 driver installed and i havent updated my OS since 4 months

You're running a 3 year old CPU in your "new" PC. However, it should run the game just fine.

I never let NVidia optimize my game settings. Every time it does, my game performance drops like a rock. Go in and set everything low and then turn things up a bit at a time and see what causes issues.

Just FYI, if I have stuttering issues, it's usually another program on my computer causing issues. It can be either one running and using up a lot of memory and CPU or it can be something like Outlook, Word or Photoshop that have memory leaks so they don't let go of the memory when you close the program. The other cause is connection lag.

Any way it goes, the problem is your computer or internet connection, not the game. I am running on a similar system with no issues, including a 3 year old CPU and a 64 bit OS.

I second the advice about starting at the lowest settings and gradually turning things up.

There are some very broken things related to changing settings via the presets. For example, if I use the preset High, Very High, or Ultra, many textures become invisible (quest markers, lightsabers, some armor textures, etc). I can set the preset to Low, and manually max everything out individually, and have no problem. :D

In game settings

Put those tree and grass sliders to 0

AA set it to medium

Shadows off

Shades to medium

Shader slider full Left

Turn off vSync

Run game in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode

That will improve frame rates on any system

I'm running i7 4700mq

16 GB ram @ 1600

Nvidia GT 755m x2 in SLI AFR2 mode

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Build 11082

OS and game on SSD

i7 4770K

16 GB ram @ 2400

EVGA 780TISC

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

OS and game on SSD

i7 4770K

16 GB ram @ 2400

Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

OS and game on SSD

All use those settings and run great. Naturally the 780TISC rig runs the best and is on a Qnix 27" IPS @ 2560x1440 at 110 Hz whereas the other 2 run at 1080

Your system should be running at least as well if not better.

Everyone tales frame rate hits inside War Zones and during any combat. The game runs 2 swtor.exe and the engine isn't optimized very well. You can have over 120 FPS standing around on fleet but once you move, start combat, or enter a WZ it will drop. You'll be lucky with more than 40 FPS inside war zones no matter what parts you have

You realize that you are one of the FEW having this issue? Meaning that for a lot of us that we are also using beefed up systems that problem is not happening.

Actually I would adventure to say that to the Vast majority is not happening.

Good luck.

You're smoking crack. Seriously. Just say no. There are still tons of posts on this, here and other places and the memory leak is every bit an issue today as it ever was. My Google Fiber + decked out computer can go form 115FPS to 15 at the drop of a hat. Alderaan, oy, dont even get me started.

While it is much improved from launch, the issues very much remain.