This is what you patch?

Engleheart

So you nerfed Slicing, and fixed Raids that 95% to the community don yet have access to. O yeah and that vanity pet fix was a must!!!!!...

Way to cater to a VERY small portion of your player base. Seems you guys did take a few ideas from Blizzards playbook after all.

Really just an overall pointless waste of time on your & my part. On your part, for even messing with 3/4 of what you patch and for me, even reading it expecting there to be something constructive being said.

when you say you fixed the GCD, do you mean you lowered it to 1sec like every other worthwhile mmo, i mean i know you want to set yourself apart from blizzard, but the GCD was the last place to look to do that.

I really expected a BH Act 3 fix in this patch, and I'm sure a few BH did too, and now that there isnt one they are not expecting one and have re-roll or logged back in to wow. Glad this did happen to my class.

Who cars about Companion Volume seriously when there are a mountain of bugs piling up. unless this took 2 secs to fix, i dont know why you bothered at this point.

I have made really no money from slicing, and if i have i hate to see how poor everyone else is, i mean im not hurting for credits, but seriously...Seriously you listen to a few WAAAAA'er in The profession threads, but refuse to do anything use for pvp, which has been screamed about since before EGA.

Lol you fixed master loot, but did not add a /roll option? Pretty boneheaded to not have his included before launch but w/e. We hope you dont drag you feet on this much longer.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND BEAUTIFUL IN THIS WORLD, YOU DIDNT ADD COMBAT TEXT!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY BIOWARE, SERIOUSLY! <this was the biggest let down for me in the fac tthat i was telling people you heard us and would have this in by the first real patch, and you let me down>

Maybe this wasnt the first "real" patch, but i hope when that comes around it include at the least one of these things..

What didn't you see in the patch that made you a sad panda?

<i planned on writing a thread about how great this game was and all the great things it has to offer the MMO'er and even the person who has never touched an mmo, sadly i read the patch notes first.>

ever considered that the things you mentioned might require more work than a "simple fix"?

And yes, slicing needed a major nerf quickly, cause the amount of credits you gained there were insane.

I mean to be honest i've only had a few 1k+ lock boxes at 300 skill level. if that is a lot then the need to nerf the Vendor NPC's have you seen those prices?

You have the nerve to call other posters whiners. :rolleyes:

Pot meet kettle.

You are whining about what they choose to fix....

You are whining that they chose other peoples problems over yours...

You are whining you didn't get it your way, right away...

Worst of all, you are calling paying customers who have posted their complaints "whiners".

Oh, now I see you have the nerve to go a step beyond and to call people who disagree "fanbois". :rolleyes:

Edited by Kourage

You weren't making money from Slicing? Then you are doing it wrong.. lol

Not the length people were trying to pretend, sure i have a fair amount of credits and some bag space, and a few mounts, but i also go out of my way to get the nodes, I mean i make a lot of credits of Treasure hunting, on par with slicing, and i havent heard one person ***** and cry about that.

So you nerfed Slicing, and fixed Raids that 95% to the community don yet have access to. O yeah and that vanity pet fix was a must!!!!!...>

I didn't read past this point because I figured the rest would follow the same pattern and be a QQ rage post.

I would like to address the 2 actual points you made here.

Slicing: Of course they nerfed it. It was ridiculous to be able to get so many credits so fast, and if left alone it would have destroyed any potential economy.

Raids: So you think a majority of the people have to experience the bugs before they are fixed? I'm quite happy any issues are addressed before I have to suffer through them.

As a bonus I'll address the vanity pet crying: Perhaps it was a simple fix that took an hour of one developers time. Why not fix it?

So you nerfed Slicing, and fixed Raids that 95% to the community don yet have access to. O yeah and that vanity pet fix was a must!!!!!...

Way to cater to a VERY small portion of your player base. Seems you guys did take a few ideas from Blizzards playbook after all.

Really just an overall pointless waste of time on your & my part. On your part, for even messing with 3/4 of what you patch and for me, even reading it expecting there to be something constructive being said.

when you say you fixed the GCD, do you mean you lowered it to 1sec like every other worthwhile mmo, i mean i know you want to set yourself apart from blizzard, but the GCD was the last place to look to do that.

I really expected a BH Act 3 fix in this patch, and I'm sure a few BH did too, and now that there isnt one they are not expecting one and have re-roll or logged back in to wow. Glad this did happen to my class.

Who cars about Companion Volume seriously when there are a mountain of bugs piling up. unless this took 2 secs to fix, i dont know why you bothered at this point.

I have made really no money from slicing, and if i have i hate to see how poor everyone else is, i mean im not hurting for credits, but seriously...Seriously you listen to a few WAAAAA'er in The profession threads, but refuse to do anything use for pvp, which has been screamed about since before EGA.

Lol you fixed master loot, but did not add a /roll option? Pretty boneheaded to not have his included before launch but w/e. We hope you dont drag you feet on this much longer.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND BEAUTIFUL IN THIS WORLD, YOU DIDNT ADD COMBAT TEXT!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY BIOWARE, SERIOUSLY! <this was the biggest let down for me in the fac tthat i was telling people you heard us and would have this in by the first real patch, and you let me down>

Maybe this wasnt the first "real" patch, but i hope when that comes around it include at the least one of these things..

What didn't you see in the patch that made you a sad panda?

<i planned on writing a thread about how great this game was and all the great things it has to offer the MMO'er and even the person who has never touched an mmo, sadly i read the patch notes first.>

Sorry but you REALLY sound like a WoW Baby...Everything you said was about YOU and not the rest of the playerbase.

You seems to be further advanced in your character and did not want any changes.

Sorry...Changes happen. You portray yourself poorly in an attempt to mask the scent that is "WoW" in your personality.

Sad :(

"Corrected an issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear as unharvestable."

Yay!

"Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills."

Poop. I was funding two people's missions with my slicing. Mrs was doing the artifice, I'm doing the synthweaving. Have to see how this goes.

This is the fifth MMO launch I've been part of, and the best one by far. Fewer bugs and more fun. Patching after one week suggests they've been working on bugs since launch, which is great news. Look forward to the next patch already.

I mean to be honest i've only had a few 1k+ lock boxes at 300 skill level. if that is a lot then the need to nerf the Vendor NPC's have you seen those prices?

I got my riding skill, bought all the mounts, and before I leveled up I was already back at 30k credits, that's all on level 25.

So yes, slicing needed a nerf quickly. Most money came from selling the plans I found and getting lucky on the lockboxes. Some level2 ones easily rewarded me with up to 3K credits / box.

As for immediate fixes? Perhaps a change in the character animations to chain abilities better, unless this is intended behavior.

Sorry but you REALLY sound like a WoW Baby...Everything you said was about YOU and not the rest of the playerbase.

You seems to be further advanced in your character and did not want any changes.

Sorry...Changes happen. You portray yourself poorly in an attempt to mask the scent that is "WoW" in your personality.

Sad :(

i laughed.

I didn't read past this point because I figured the rest would follow the same pattern and be a QQ rage post.

I would like to address the 2 actual points you made here.

Slicing: Of course they nerfed it. It was ridiculous to be able to get so many credits so fast, and if left alone it would have destroyed any potential economy.

Raids: So you think a majority of the people have to experience the bugs before they are fixed? I'm quite happy any issues are addressed before I have to suffer through them.

As a bonus I'll address the vanity pet crying: Perhaps it was a simple fix that took an hour of one developers time. Why not fix it?

Economy is already broken, thanks to mission only materials. Do you really expect some one start wasting time on, as for an example, do underworld runs and sell tier 1 underworld mats? Peoples are same greedy like developers, no one does anything for free.

As for patch, game was released in freaking terrible state. They haven't probably figured out yet real patching priority, current looks like easy fixes. This is the first patch but not last.

So personally I will wait a bit and see, what will happen till 20'th January.

Edited by Chaffery

Complex system is complex.

Certain things are trivial to fix (IE: slicing results)

Certain things might have been in the works for a while (IE: raid content)

and finally certain things might be easier to fix/needed to fix fast (IE: Kira's progression problem)

It probably did take less then 10 minutes to fix since volume(coefficient) is probably a constant somewhere.

Combat text is only useful in operations when trying to figure out what happened... It would be useful elsewhere if we had mods parsing it but since Bioware don't want to implement them I don't see the reason to add it in a hurry.

It is a real patch, but not a major one. This is probably their first post-release iteration of maintenance. Similar to what Blizzard does actually, so sit tight and eventually your concerns will be addressed. In the mean time, try out other classes if a bug get's your character stuck somewhere, you might actually enjoy that new class...

Bottom line: This game is not even a months old and your already crying to the heavens about a really minor patch that fixes things that can be important to other players (Kira's progression comes to mind).

As for patch, game was released in freaking terrible state. They haven't probably figured out yet real patching priority, current looks like easy fixes. This is the first patch but not last.

So personally I will wait a bit and see, what will happen till 20'th January.

Terrible state?

I had no crash, no disconnects, no major bugs.

I had some framerate issue (my fault... Folding@home was active...), no lag per say.

Infact the only issue are the idiots running around in warzones not doing the objective but rather interested in only doing more damage then everybody... but unfortunately there is NO patch for stupid...

Edited by Ceridan