Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

Swedguy

Hey.

Here we are in November of 2018, and I've only just discovered this issue. Like other people, after flirting/romancing with Lana throughout Revan and KOTFE, it seemed odd that flirt options disappeared and nothing else was ever mentioned, but I just assumed it was the story. Not until these last couple of weeks did I discover the "Lana Romance Bug" and that my flag had not been set, the romance was not locked in, the marriage proposal was never an option.

I missed out on the "Error in Alliance Records" mission as a fix for the proposal, because of the bug where my romance flag was never set.

Contacting customer service about this now, I am told "tough luck". We have gone back and forth several times, and the response I get is "We can't fix it", but with no further explanation as to WHY they can't fix it.

I want to take this issue to higher authority but I've no idea how. Either the customer service person's manager, or whatever, whoever. Does anyone have any idea how to contact someone with more authority?

The story-driven aspect of this game is what really drew me in and kept me playing. This aspect of the story is very important to me, and this screwup on their part and refusal to fix it is killing my enjoyment of the game and got me thinking seriously of dropping my subscription and moving on to something else.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I completely agree that the companion romance options are broken and SWTOR are zero f's given on fixing them. In my case, I was unable to cancel a companion conversation. I spammed the crap out of my escape button but I was forced into a relationship with a toon that I DID NOT WANT. I have sent in tickets only to be told too bad so sad you're stuck with this. My issue is that on other games and non-gaming related material, my keyboard works perfectly. So, this can't be my system; instead, a game issue.

If SWTOR continues to refuse to fix this, the very least they could do is set up a terminal where you can change your romantic partner preference. I'd spend the damned credits at the terminal to change. This is my main toon, my healer who has nim completed content and this has totally screwed me over and tbh diminished my enthusiasm with the game because these people don't care that they're screwing over ppl who've been playing since launch.