Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

Swedguy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok great, so did you hide the fact that valky was in your head from Lana? I know there is a choice to lie to her about it or come clean straight away?

This is what Basically what Bioware are indicating but there must be a bit more to it, maybe if you are open about Valkorian she realises you are mostly yourself and she just warns you to be careful? where if you out right lie to her she will think you are more like Valkorian.

I had been honest with Lana that Valkorian is in my head. My sorcerer is the first one to kneel and take Valkorian's power every time. However, I have not advanced her too far into the story because I don't want to lose another opportunity to romance Lana.

With one character I used his power to save Lana. I may have used it one single other time. Well, in one fight he said that he was still going to intervene even though I said no when he asked if I wanted his help. My jaw dropped!

This is what Basically what Bioware are indicating but there must be a bit more to it, maybe if you are open about Valkorian she realises you are mostly yourself and she just warns you to be careful? where if you out right lie to her she will think you are more like Valkorian.

It does seem like there may be more to it than just flirting with her.

I had been honest with Lana that Valkorian is in my head.

Huh, I really thought that theory might be on to something. What about the reactor? Did you blow it up? Did you let Lana kill the knight as you were escaping? Also, did you have a relationship with Lana previously in SOR?

My agent took Val's power every chance he got, and kneeled, and still got the romance with Lana. He romanced her in SOR, blew up the reactor, let Lana kill the knight, was honest about Val being in his head, and flirted with her at every option. Hmm..what other choices are there? He saved the civilians in the swamp, and lied to Arcann about surrendering. Anything else?

Huh, I really thought that theory might be on to something. What about the reactor? Did you blow it up? Did you let Lana kill the knight as you were escaping? Also, did you have a relationship with Lana previously in SOR?

My agent took Val's power every chance he got, and kneeled, and still got the romance with Lana. He romanced her in SOR, blew up the reactor, let Lana kill the knight, was honest about Val being in his head, and flirted with her at every option. Hmm..what other choices are there? He saved the civilians in the swamp, and lied to Arcann about surrendering. Anything else?

Well I know my guardian (the only one so far to do kotfe) did romance lana in SOR (pre 4.0) but I don't know if I locked it down or not as I had romanced Kira previously.

During kotfe my guardian:-

1) Saved the reactor

2) only used the Valkorians power once to "save" Lana

3) Flirted at every opportunity

4) Saved Civilians

5) Lied about surrendering

6) Flirted once with Senya

7) Was open with Lana about Valkorian

Obviously my guardian was a character who did all of SOR and Ziost pre 4.0 but apparently that should not make a difference but I can't think of any more variables I could miss.

I've run five toons through KOTFE (why at this point I am still not sure) and all of them romanced Lana. They each made different story choices thoughout chapters 1-9 and they each got the lock-in romance with Lana pop-up at the cantina party.

The ONLY set of choices that each of these five toons did the same all the way through was flirt with Lana at every single opportunity during Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, Rise of the Emperor, and KOTFE.

I didn't miss a single opportunity to compliment, side with or make out with Lana and my reward was a locked-in romance. Lying to her about Valkorian didn't change anything. She didn't care about who I killed or didn't, who I saved or didn't. Like my last gf, all she cared about was being the center of attention 100% of the time. Unlike my last gf, Lana was actually worth the effort.

Brit women are the best. Bonus points for shooting lightning out of their fingertips.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

Ok so, I didn't get the pop-up with Lana on my BH either, and I chose flirt at nearly every opportunity, except I don't think I chose it at the cantina party because as someone else mentioned, my character was looking directly at Theron. I thought maybe it just didn't seem to work for same-sex romancing, thought maybe you could flirt and kiss but no more, but it seems hetero romances are having the same issue.

I think that cantina choice is the critical choice, assuming you've done everything right before that.

I will really be pretty ticked if I missed out on romancing Lana because of an ill-defined choice. If that's the case, hopefully they'll give us another chance in the next chapter, since I don't see them giving us the opportunity to replay a previous chapter from the beginning any time soon. Hell, I'd even be willing to replay the whole KotFE story...

Edited by JakkFrost

Ok so, I didn't get the pop-up with Lana on my BH either, and I chose flirt at nearly every opportunity, except I don't think I chose it at the cantina party because as someone else mentioned, my character was looking directly at Theron. I thought maybe it just didn't seem to work for same-sex romancing, thought maybe you could flirt and kiss but no more, but it seems hetero romances are having the same issue.

I think that cantina choice is the critical choice, assuming you've done everything right before that.

I will really be pretty ticked if I missed out on romancing Lana because of an ill-defined choice. If that's the case, hopefully they'll give us another chance in the next chapter, since I don't see them giving us the opportunity to replay a previous chapter from the beginning any time soon. Hell, I'd even be willing to replay the whole KotFE story...

The cantina choice is, indeed, the critical choice. If you pick [Flirt] there, you choose who you want to flirt with, and then you have a conversation with the one you choose. In that conversation, there's a [Flirt] option, and if you pick that, you get a warning that you are about to lock in a romance with that person. If you say to go ahead, you get an item in that companion's page in the 'N' panel.

If you decline either of the [Flirt] options in favour of something else, that's it, Game Over. Your romance with Lana will never go further than the two kisses you already stole during the earlier chapters, and whatever you and she got up to on Rishi. (Well, that's the official word. Choices, apparently, have consequences, even the ones that are notoriously unclear.)

Hey everyone,

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

Best,

Tait

Okay, this MUST have bugged for me. I was completely loyal to Lana, non-stop flirting from meeting her day one with no other companion flirting. Then when Chapter 9 came up, I don't recall a flirt option for the characters being available, just a an option to talk in private. If there was a flirt option then it was clearly NOT indicating Lana. There was array of choices for (Flirt) Lana, (Flirt) THeron, or (Flirt) Koth. And with the screen only focused on Theron I assumed everything was about him. I romanced Lana from Forged Alliances, my intentions to her were clear, and they should not be undermined by ambiguous conversation presentation, nor when I took Lana aside in private the "Start Romance" option never came about either. If this isn't a bug, it's clearly bad design in the conversation tree and it's pretty apparent that a great many other people have the same issue. The romance with her was more natural that any of the others (to me) and it shouldn't be undermined by a bug that doesn't give the option when taking her aside or by a case of bad cinematic conversation presentation. I therefore am requesting either a status change for my character with Lana as my selected relationship companion or another opportunity be inserted into the game in which to have a second chance to take her aside and bring up the relationship. I believe this is a perfectly reasonable request.

I hope this makes it obvious what the issues that I, and many others, have been trying to make plain as day. Apparently some people got it right, but if you've got a vocal enough number of people making constant threads about this issue, then there's a problem. Think about it: there's two ways in which you take someone aside to have what is essentially the same conversation with them and one apparently is supposed to include a flirt and one doesn't? And the initiating conversational (based on vids I've watched) look like "Flirt with Theron" or "Take someone else aside to talk". I thought I WAS taking Lana aside to talk and flirt.

Do the right thing here, Bioware: give us a second chance to do the conversation (maybe ask Lana to speak to her in the Cantina when she's down in the Alliance control center) or just flip the damned flag for me because it's everything I said to her was supposed to elicit my character's feelings for her and hers for my character and after all the moments shared from the start of Forged Alliances I think my intent was pretty damned clear. Just...give me the fix or fudge a second chance. Isn't too much to ask now, is it?

Sorry for the tl:dr rant: Fix option to flirt with Lana and provide a second chance, or just fix the flag for me because I never got the pop up "one time" magical window to start the serious romance in what was essentially a duplicate string of conversation options.

Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug – the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they aren’t romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out it’s because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait

It took you 3 months to figure this out; can youi say inept.

Okay, this MUST have bugged for me. I was completely loyal to Lana, non-stop flirting from meeting her day one with no other companion flirting. Then when Chapter 9 came up, I don't recall a flirt option for the characters being available, just a an option to talk in private. If there was a flirt option then it was clearly NOT indicating Lana. There was array of choices for (Flirt) Lana, (Flirt) THeron, or (Flirt) Koth. And with the screen only focused on Theron I assumed everything was about him. I romanced Lana from Forged Alliances, my intentions to her were clear, and they should not be undermined by ambiguous conversation presentation, nor when I took Lana aside in private the "Start Romance" option never came about either. If this isn't a bug, it's clearly bad design in the conversation tree and it's pretty apparent that a great many other people have the same issue. The romance with her was more natural that any of the others (to me) and it shouldn't be undermined by a bug that doesn't give the option when taking her aside or by a case of bad cinematic conversation presentation. I therefore am requesting either a status change for my character with Lana as my selected relationship companion or another opportunity be inserted into the game in which to have a second chance to take her aside and bring up the relationship. I believe this is a perfectly reasonable request.

I hope this makes it obvious what the issues that I, and many others, have been trying to make plain as day. Apparently some people got it right, but if you've got a vocal enough number of people making constant threads about this issue, then there's a problem. Think about it: there's two ways in which you take someone aside to have what is essentially the same conversation with them and one apparently is supposed to include a flirt and one doesn't? And the initiating conversational (based on vids I've watched) look like "Flirt with Theron" or "Take someone else aside to talk". I thought I WAS taking Lana aside to talk and flirt.

Do the right thing here, Bioware: give us a second chance to do the conversation (maybe ask Lana to speak to her in the Cantina when she's down in the Alliance control center) or just flip the damned flag for me because it's everything I said to her was supposed to elicit my character's feelings for her and hers for my character and after all the moments shared from the start of Forged Alliances I think my intent was pretty damned clear. Just...give me the fix or fudge a second chance. Isn't too much to ask now, is it?

Sorry for the tl:dr rant: Fix option to flirt with Lana and provide a second chance, or just fix the flag for me because I never got the pop up "one time" magical window to start the serious romance in what was essentially a duplicate string of conversation options.

Thank you for your post. I feel your pain because I have the same exact problem that you are having word for word. I have tried posting about it here but do not believe that it will get addressed because it isn't even being flagged as a bug, as per Tait's reply to these threads. I sent him and Eric Musco a private message. No answer. I put in an in game ticket. No answer. Tried EA support which sent me to the SWTOR forums which sent me back to EA.

I created a second account, used the instant 60 coin and got the romance lock in without a problem. That account will bump down to preferred status in March. My primary account, where I am a sub, has all of my achievements, bells and whistles, but not Lana. Part of me wishes that I was ready to walk away from the game completely because I would cancel everything and put it behind me. Instead, I have been so angry and frustrated even though in the grand scheme of things it is minor. Romance with Lana was supposed to be the best of the game for me.

Okay, this MUST have bugged for me

Sadly, no, it didn't bug. I had the same thing, although I did it on my freebie insta-60, not my main. When you stare at Theron, and you see this wheel:

1. I want to talk to one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to talk to one of you.

Option 2 does not mean "Flirt with Theron first". It means "Enable the [Flirt] option when I talk with one of you." If you pick option 1, you lose the (this?) chance to lock in the romance with Lana etc., and there's no pop-up warning of this. If you pick option 2, you'll (probably) get a [Flirt] option with your chosen conversationalist, and if you then pick that, you'll get a warning that you are going to lock in a romance.

It belongs way up high on the list of atrocities in game UI design, but it isn't strictly speaking a bug - they meant it to be like that. What that says about them is best not said.

Sadly, no, it didn't bug. I had the same thing, although I did it on my freebie insta-60, not my main. When you stare at Theron, and you see this wheel:

2. [Flirt] I want to talk to one of you.

Option 2 does not mean "Flirt with Theron first". It means "Enable the [Flirt] option when I talk with one of you." If you pick option 1, you lose the (this?) chance to lock in the romance with Lana etc., and there's no pop-up warning of this. If you pick option 2, you'll (probably) get a [Flirt] option with your chosen conversationalist, and if you then pick that, you'll get a warning that you are going to lock in a romance.

It belongs way up high on the list of atrocities in game UI design, but it isn't strictly speaking a bug - they meant it to be like that. What that says about them is best not said.

I flirted with Lana every chance I had on four different characters. In the cantina, the only option that I every got was this:

That is a bug. I didn't pick the wrong option. In order to do that, I have to have more than one option. I watched the scene on a YouTube video. To some degree I can understand why it might have been confusing to others. However, it was clear to me that if I say "I want to talk to one of you", it is giving me a choice - one person out a group of three. In fact, Lana asks you who you want to speak to (at least in the video I watched).

I flirted with Lana every chance I had on four different characters. In the cantina, the only option that I every got was this:

That is a bug. I didn't pick the wrong option. In order to do that, I have to have more than one option. I watched the scene on a YouTube video. To some degree I can understand why it might have been confusing to others. However, it was clear to me that if I say "I want to talk to one of you", it is giving me a choice - one person out a group of three. In fact, Lana asks you who you want to speak to (at least in the video I watched).

Ouch. It's claimed / believed that there are ways to block the romance based on things you choose earlier in KotFE, and possibly in SoR, too, and that if it is blocked, you don't get any flirt option in the cantina scene.

* Some say that taking V's power too many times counts against you.

* Some say that saving the reactor can count against you. (It certainly annoys her mightily.)

* There are claims of an effect if you flirted with her in SoR.

* Trying to hide the fact that V is in your head is suspected of being an influence.

My main pulled it off (I blew it somehow on an insta-60 I created beforehand):

* She flirted a bit with Lana in SoR, but got horizontal with Theron.

* During KotFE, she flirted at every opportunity with Lana and never with any of the others.

* She told Lana about V being in her head.

* She took V's power only once, in front of the Gravestone.

* She ran away instead of saving the reactor.

* To make it up to Koth a bit, she trusted him instead of Senya when talking to the Zildrog people in Chapter VII.

* She forgot the umbrella on Niko Okarr's drink.(1)

* EDIT: She said for Lana to kill Talek, despite an otherwise perfect Light V rating.

(1) No, I don't think this should have the slightest effect on the Lana romance, but I'll stick it in there anyway.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I have done kotfe twice now once as a male guardian and once as a female sorc, I was successful both times with the romance, some of my choices altered slightly (not much) but what worked for me was:-

Character levelled

Guardian - all pre 4.0

Sorc - partially pre 4.0 but mostly after

Flirts - Both flirted with Lana throughout SOR and kotfe (can't remember what I chose on my guardian but the only time on my sorc I did not choose flirt was when there was both a flirt and a kiss option)

Reactor

Guardian - Saved reactor and people

Sorc - let reactor blow

Valkorian - Both was open about V's presence

Valkorians power - Both only used power once outside the gravestone

Previous Romances

Guardian - Kira

Sorc - None

I can't think of anything else that might affect the romance but it seems like the only things that could alter it is using V's power too much and/or hiding his presence?

Edited by Jedi_riches

I can't think of anything else that might affect the romance but it seems like the only things that could alter it is using V's power too much and/or hiding his presence?

Choices matter! :D

It seems some choices are coming back to bite people in the butt...

Yeah the butthurt (pun intended) is going to be hysterical if in fact true...

"I did something Lana didnt like and now she wont put out, change it naow Bioware!!!!1111!!!RAAAAAAAAGGGGEEE!!!111!!" :p

We already saw this is true for Koth, why would it be any different with Lana?

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Thing is Bioware have stated the only thing you need with lana is to continually choose the flirt options, unless it really is a bug then this is not the case.

If it's not a bug the best I can offer is details of my character and my "choices" and maybe we can start to find some common elements of what may kill the romance, if that does not work we are back into bug territory.

Ouch. It's claimed / believed that there are ways to block the romance based on things you choose earlier in KotFE, and possibly in SoR, too, and that if it is blocked, you don't get any flirt option in the cantina scene.

* Some say that taking V's power too many times counts against you.

* Some say that saving the reactor can count against you. (It certainly annoys her mightily.)

* There are claims of an effect if you flirted with her in SoR.

* Trying to hide the fact that V is in your head is suspected of being an influence.

My main pulled it off (I blew it somehow on an insta-60 I created beforehand):

* She flirted a bit with Lana in SoR, but got horizontal with Theron.

* During KotFE, she flirted at every opportunity with Lana and never with any of the others.

* She told Lana about V being in her head.

* She took V's power only once, in front of the Gravestone.

* She ran away instead of saving the reactor.

* To make it up to Koth a bit, she trusted him instead of Senya when talking to the Zildrog people in Chapter VII.

* She forgot the umbrella on Niko Okarr's drink.(1)

* EDIT: She said for Lana to kill Talek, despite an otherwise perfect Light V rating.

(1) No, I don't think this should have the slightest effect on the Lana romance, but I'll stick it in there anyway.

My F!Smuggler finished the cantina scene last night (OK, about 2 o'clock this morning, if you want to be fussy about things), and so the research has advanced a little.

* Saving the reactor, in and of itself, does not block the romance.

* Flirting with Lana in SoR is not necessary, because my F!Smugg didn't get that far through SoR before she made 60 and I decided to KotFE her.

The next research project will be to see what happens on an Agent who married Kaliyo when you meet her during Chapter X, and you have NOT romanced anyone in SoR or Chapters I-IX. Of course, first I need to crank my Agent up to level 60, but I've heard rumours that that isn't actually very hard these days, and doesn't take long either.

The next research project will be to see what happens on an Agent who married Kaliyo when you meet her during Chapter X, and you have NOT romanced anyone in SoR or Chapters I-IX. Of course, first I need to crank my Agent up to level 60, but I've heard rumours that that isn't actually very hard these days, and doesn't take long either.

Nah, my Agent married Vector a couple of years ago, I got the letter from him when I started KotFE on her, and I was able to start the romance with Lana, so I don't think that will affect the romance with Lana, since it's supposed to be 5 years later. (Even though technically maybe only a few days or weeks from your character's perspective.)

Nah, my Agent married Vector a couple of years ago, I got the letter from him when I started KotFE on her, and I was able to start the romance with Lana, so I don't think that will affect the romance with Lana, since it's supposed to be 5 years later. (Even though technically maybe only a few days or weeks from your character's perspective.)

No, I mean what happens in Chapter X between my MALE agent and Kaliyo if he hasn't romanced anyone in SoR nor KotFE (he married Kaliyo at the end of Chapter Three). He will resolutely NOT flirt in SoR nor KotFE, so the possibility or not of having the Lana/Koth/Theron romances is neither here nor there. I'm looking for the first conversation welcoming your character back into married life. (There'll be another one later who marries her then has two flings with Lana, even though in some ways that's hugely out of character for the Agent.)

Thing is, that it doesn't matter if it's a "bug" or not: At worst it's a bug. At best it's a really badly designed conversation setup that that is, quite frankly, confusing enough in the conversation presentation and on top of that introduces a new notification mechanic regarding the romance progress that was was neither previously announced, introduced, or even remotely hinted at. It comes out of nowhere and evidence of it has to be shown to people via screenshots and YouTube. I'm sorry, but no, I'm not letting this issue go because it could easily be an indication that in the future Bioware is going to throw in further new conversation mechanics that are vague, and out of nowhere with absolutely no information provided ahead of time that we should be looking for these things in the first place. I'll say it again:

If it's a bug int he design, in needs to be fixed and players need to be either offered a way to flag their romance of choice.

If it's a matter of design then A) it needs to be REDONE and players again need the opportunity to either approach their love interest again on the top at a later date(chapter) or they once again need to be given the opportunity to have their romance of choice flagged.

Oh, and a very specific message to Tatt's half-assed answer: If it isn't a bug then that makes the problem WORSE because then it's A) a matter of really bad design and presentation of conversation choice logic not meshing with what we're seeing as the focus of our attention on screen when given that choice and the fact that this was done on purpose instead of accident and then trying to write it off is quite frankly pathetic. At least a bug is a honest mistake in design. This situation, if created on purpose, and then refusing to fix/ the conversation presentation, give players another opportunity, or just flagging those who report the problem with the romance being in progress is quite frankly rather insulting. (Side note: doesn't matter if there were people who interpreted the situation correctly, there's clearly a significant amount of players who did NOT and thus that makes an issue (one that affects the player's career narrative rather significantly. It matters.)

What RDSmokey said, plus the issue of completely opaque criteria as to whether we are offered:

1. I want to see one of you.

or

2. [Flirt] I want to see one of you.

(My Smuggler was presented with these options. It's "see one of you", not "talk with one of you". Observation: doing it this way avoids a potentially jarring Americanism. In British English the "talk" version should be "talk to one of you". It's already jarring enough that all these Brit-accented Imperials talk about Lootenants instead of Leftenants, thanks. :cool:)

What RDSmokey said, plus the issue of completely opaque criteria as to whether we are offered:

or

2. [Flirt] I want to see one of you.

(My Smuggler was presented with these options. It's "see one of you", not "talk with one of you". Observation: doing it this way avoids a potentially jarring Americanism. In British English the "talk" version should be "talk to one of you". It's already jarring enough that all these Brit-accented Imperials talk about Lootenants instead of Leftenants, thanks. :cool:)

And really, regardless of past character choices, the way that whole scene is arrange is just plain BAD. A confusingly fixed angle on the start of the conversation that gives priority to Theron, then two conversation options that are vague (One flirt and one not) that give you no indication that the choice you're about to make does, in fact apply to all three. And once you choose and move on, it's not like there's a damned rewind button for the whole thing because you're only continuing on with a conversation line that you think is the "Not Flirt With Theron" option, so the whole ESC to cancel "solution" is not a solution. The whole thing that is supposed to be the culimanation of both romances for three important characters and even introduces a new "confirmation mechanic" for those relationships to let you know- it's all stuff you simply would not be aware of unless you had decided to spoil everything for yourself ahead of time or if a friend or someone somehow managed to give you an early heads up.

It's frankly rather amazing just how incredible of a screw up it is because up to that point, all the conversations and set pieces and and so on are actually pretty clear about what's going on and what will follow from your choices. And you know what I call something that doesn't work as intended? BROKE.

It's frankly rather amazing just how incredible of a screw up it is because up to that point, all the conversations and set pieces and and so on are actually pretty clear about what's going on and what will follow from your choices. And you know what I call something that doesn't work as intended? BROKE.

You could argue, based on what Tait said, that they intended it to be what it is, but it's a defective design, for sure.

You could argue, based on what Tait said, that they intended it to be what it is, but it's a defective design, for sure.

No. They have, like everything else that is broken in the game, a responsibility to the players to fix it. Like it or not, the idea that gamers have an "entitlement" problem is wrong, especially for those of us who are shelling out monthly to support a game. Think about it: we've been subbing to a game that for the past few months has somehow been getting more broken, have had little communication from the team working on the game itself, and when we do get that communication it's to get announcements for stuff that is immediately questionable or for delays or to give us barely-detailed reasoning behind broken mechanics. There's so much that isn't working now that I'm actually considering unsubbing. I don't want to, I like the KotFE story, but with so much not doing what it's supposed to and the game degrading quicker than a 30 year old used Pinto being driven down a straight-away at 100 miles per hour (while on fire), I'm not sure how much more I should be putting my money towards these guys. (edit)

Back to my point, this part of the game is a huge turning point for many players and their characters, and they both did a terrible job at presentation and execution, but like many of the other issues that are legit wrong with the game they are either acknowledging the problem and then letting it rot for a long time or they're outright ignoring it. This was supposed to be a big point for my character. He didn't romance anyone BUT Lana because I felt he (as a grey sith so to speak) appreciated her approach to things. ...and then the game stealth screwed me via bad design and nil communication. I think I'm starting to see a pattern, frankly.

Edited by RDSmokey
further thoughs

I thought of one possible option for those of us that chose the wrong option because it was not clear or did not get the flirt option at all:

During the trooper story there is a side mission to visit an NPC that he/she has already worked with earlier in the story. There is a flirt option, depending on your gender. This mission is completely optional - you can abandon it if you don't want to do it.

In my opinion, something like the above mission could be added. If you were not able to romance one of the KoTFE companions for whatever reason, you can get your second chance. Obviously the real problem needs to be addressed, be it a bug or just broken.