The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To level 50 pvpers. What class has the highest dps?

Chiricahua

I'm going to guess and say it's no one with a lightsaber.

In general whoever has the most champion gear but more specifically what kind of DPS

Single target DPS

AoE DPS

ect ect

Also DPS does not = the same level of threat. I fear some DPSers more than others even if they do less DPS bc they hard counter my class.

For what it's worth, I am level 49, a sniper, and am always top 2 dmg. The only times i'm not first, it's by less than 10,000 dmg, and a lot of the time I am far and above everyone else. Exceptions if my team doesn't work together at all in which case I just die a lot (but still usually do most damage, it's just not as insane if my team keeps enemies off me)

I see Bounty Hunters do a lot of damage too, and the classes that usually beat me when I get beaten are: sorc and BH

Hope this helps

Edited by Pinworm

Right now operative/scoundrel DPS is widely considered overpowered. They won't necessarily top the chart at the end of the match, but they can kill a player faster than any other class, they have amazing cc and escapability, and in their heal spec they're practically unkillable.

In terms of topping charts, gunslinger/sniper is good, commando/bounty hunter is good, vanguard/powertech can be good if played well, shadow/assasin can be good, sorc/sage can be good.

Honestly, that pretty much covers every dps class besides sentinel/marauder because sent marauder doesn't really pull top dps often... So just play what you like. Other than scoundrel and operative there isn't really a very overpowered class in this game. It's about playing the game well. I've seen all of the classes i listed above end the game with in the high 300ks of dps.

Commandos snipers and dumbledoores\voldemorts.

edit: forgot to add the mele agent\smuggler spec. it doesn't top damage, but they kill you in a stun and then vanish before anyone realizes what happens. I sneezed running to a node in alderaan and i look up and my character was stunned not even in the motion of getting up, trinket on cd, and i was dead. in all of a bout 3-4 seconds.

I did about 50-60 hours of pvp at 50 and those classes **** on everything.

Shadows are def able to compete, but if you put one of the above 3 in the hands of someone who has an iq of about 70, they are going to steam roll. Pretty much if you're ranged you win

Edited by Emekk

Operative and assassin got best burst dmg on solo target, but they can't survive and kill 2-3+ players without any Save CD... Sniper got best single hit damage, 3-4k+ from ambush crit, 1.8-2k+ from snipe etc, but sniper became totally useless when u got 20% energy, energy regen rate very slow, so u can do lot of DPS about 20-25 sec in combat, after this 20-25 sec if everything gone smooth u got about 20-30k damage done.

43+ operative here and i have to say i seen some gunslingers and snipers own people. Once they take cover run! :eek: In all the pvp matches i been in as a operative im always in top 3 if im not setting on a flag defending. BH/Trooper with all their aoe they top charts easy...

But killing someone the quick and clean, operative/Scoundrel

Marauder/Sent do well, but those 2 lightsabers are a dead giveaway so we get Focused quick... i can take most anyone save for a good healing sorc/sage one on one, but the second i have to 2 people on me its impossible to control the battle and im pretty squishy when outnumbered...

Overall damage wise i am usually in the top 5 but rarely number 1

Really depends on what you are after, snipers have more burst as do sentinels and marauders once they get in melee range.

Both tend to do less "overall" damage...but a heck of a lot more burst dps and are better at killing a single target.... but wont top the damage charts that often.

BH's forte is "Burst"AOE's punishing enemies who cluster together too closely, not lethal, but great for setting up an assault, great on capture maps where your have groups of enemies clustered around the turrets..

Ive been playing a BH/merc/arm as a main , it does pretty well and i top the dps charst a lot but you have to work to get a good damage string to overcome healing,.

BH is more layered damage than burst though, it has a long setup time to get a killing blow... like 3 tracers, time delay missile(forget the name , explodes a few secs after shooting and adds a good "kick" to the unload phase), heatseeker,unload,2xtracer rail...

Most targets are dead by that point. but the whole chain takes maybe 15 seconds to execute, so its not entirely burst dmg and you need to be sitting still the entire time.

So yeah , like others , Best DPS is very situational and dependant on what you are trying to achieve.

Exactly, who cares about the dmg charts. Important is what CC has the class and how the class succeeds in killiing individuals, except he just supports with AOE or is spamming his dmg to multiple targets.

Doesnt the Juggernaut/Guardian shines at lvl 50 with good pvp gear ?

Edited by BobaFurz