Patch 1.0.1. Thoughts?

WarTornPanda

I would consider this a minor bug update, nothing more. dont care about christmas or devs working, we payd enough to expect things to be less buggy...

No Darth title fix, im only 33 but still...

No getting booted to char screen when entering warfronts.....this should be a major issue and addressed accordingly. This sometime persists entire evenings so many cant do warfronts.

Lousy market ui

no guildbank

etc...etc.

Lots of stuff that should have been fixed/upgraded before launch. I dont expect a bug free new mmo release, but some of the stuff is just.....*** really ?? its 2011 dudes :eek:

so its 2011 ? You want everything served on a silver plate? Cant wait, don't care for anyone else. Who said its a must have to implement guild banks? Didnt wow have alot of crashed and bugs when it first came out?

Give it time, its been christmas for crying out laud and still they came out with a minor patch for some of the broken stuff. More will follow, theres tons of quest and things to do, no one playing today can possibly even done near half.

And well yes, better they waited 3 weeks for a mega patch?

And so what they added their children, they have suffered that their parents dont get to be home as much during christmas becouse we want patches.

Ahh people make me angry sometimes :(

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's not just -one- server they put these fixes on. It's a mass upload to every server then they have to test the changes on each server individually to make sure they activated and didn't break anything else.

you act like we have never played MMO's before. that has nothing to do with it. the patch was lame and it took them a long time because they dont know what they are doing yet.

So, slicing rewards have been lowered to be "balanced with other crafting classes" ? Hehe ok, so they made it as pointless as the other skills then...good to know.

I was sick of hearing everyone talk about the hundreds of thousands of creds they were getting from slicing.

I am glad to see they are paying attention to the economy and not leaving skills exploitable!

watch out man big brother is watching us all.

bioware is doing a pretty good job with this. I didnt expect any major bug fixes at the end of the first week because thats just not enough time.

I'm going to school for game design. Pushing out new content that quickly isn't possible unless at least some of it was already built before release. I would bet that all of it was built pre-launch. They have to do a lot of internal testing to make sure the new content is suitable for release to their players. What about conceptualizing the story and actually building the instance? You think they can do all that, plus voice acting, in less than a month? Impossible.

Edited by WarTornPanda

Slicing nerfed. There goes the economy.

I can't even sell UWT mats for bottom-bin prices as it is, my fiancee having slicing is the only way I've been able to get my Cybertech to 400 AND be able to afford my 25/40 speeders. Add to that the 60k per night repair bills from raiding that people are getting doing hardmodes, and what the hell are we going to do?

I don't care if you nerf Slicing, but how about bringing down the other fixed costs first?

Ok well we shall see if splicing is now broken or not. As they corrected the return values most of splicing is about making money from lock boxes.. Now if I am spending money to get lock boxes via splicing and the returns are diminished and I cant make money from successful missions then splicing is a waste of time. We shall see however if this is truly the case.

Sadly I don't think the other aspect of this game that completely disappointed me is going to get changed anytime soon. Space combat is still a complete disappointment and Star Wars Galaxy's was Light-years ahead of them in this regard. I prefer to pilot my own ship rather than fly along a predetermined course. Some people like it but I think that is because they just don't know any better. Not saying they are dim or nothing either they just haven't had the experience of space based flight type game instances that I have.

I had seriously hoped bio-ware would have done the space flight justice finally but again seems they glossed that over just like all the other KOTR games. (although this is better than SWG before Jump to Lightspeed so hopefully they will change this in a later expansion)

Getting this few fixes over the christmas holiday is alright. The maintenance wait feels long as feck for a guy like me who bought the game yesterday, but its nothing new I guess (eve online had one every week).

I will expect more bugs fixed on any normal week though. Especially this early on when there are loads of bugs around, some are bound to be somewhat easier to fix.

Whats bothering me more is that everyone has thier pet problem which they think is the end all be all for the game. Some of the bugs ppl complain about like something wrong with a title is just silly this early on. Quit whining about such small issues for a month or two ATLEAST. There are much more vital fixes to be made. Let em fix the issues in the order they should be made not the order your personal feelings think they should.

I was one of the bugtrackers for a mod on a game made years ago, we fixed bugs for months before release yet ppl still report minor and few major bugs we missed. God knows a mmo like this will have bugs til the end of days. There are likely few bugs which you just have to live with atleast for a year.

If that ruins your gaming experience then stay away from mmos because its unavoidable unless you want to play a mmo they worked years on already.

I am glad to see that slicing has been changed from an economic perspective, and the other crew related items.

At the same time I do not think that they need to add baby names to credits.

But you know to each their own. Overall it will be nice to see how each patch moves and changes.

Ugh, they nerfed slicing. The margins already were not that great but enough to make it worthwhile. Not sure how I feel about leveling up slicing now.

yeah not that great...

I specced into it yesterday, made about 170k credits. At least 20 missions, 8 or 9 which were purple

...all for clicking a button. No crafting or having to deal with the AH

sucks that the gravy train is over, but the skill was horribly broken.

Ok well we shall see if splicing is now broken or not. As they corrected the return values most of splicing is about making money from lock boxes.. Now if I am spending money to get lock boxes via splicing and the returns are diminished and I cant make money from successful missions then splicing is a waste of time. We shall see however if this is truly the case.

Sadly I don't think the other aspect of this game that completely disappointed me is going to get changed anytime soon. Space combat is still a complete disappointment and Star Wars Galaxy's was Light-years ahead of them in this regard. I prefer to pilot my own ship rather than fly along a predetermined course. Some people like it but I think that is because they just don't know any better. Not saying they are dim or nothing either they just haven't had the experience of space based flight type game instances that I have.

I had seriously hoped bio-ware would have done the space flight justice finally but again seems they glossed that over just like all the other KOTR games. (although this is better than SWG before Jump to Lightspeed so hopefully they will change this in a later expansion)

I'm pretty sure that Bioware has said they have plans on improving the space combat. I really don't know why people care so much. This is an MMORPG, not a flight simulator.

It's good to see that they're making corrections early on. However they're shooting themselves in the foot by patching what they've decided was "important".

A couple i'd of loved to see:

- Auction house now allows searching by name without unnecessary filtering

- Companion abilities no longer change on/off toggle automatically (**** you corso and your harpoon!!)

- Guild window now properly displays online players

- Server player limits increased now that we're done stress testing and see that everything is fine. (i have yet to see a zone with over 100 people on a "FULL POPULATION" server).

Hopefully these mini patches are a weekly (or more frequent) occurrence, or it'll be inevitable that Bioware will be dealing with quite an irate community.

Hmmmm... So this most recent patch gave you everything you wanted? SWTOR gets a 10/10 in your book now? There had to be something you wanted to see.

they fixed the harvesting nodes, i for 1 lost 1000's of credits due to this at high levels, the only thing that is really driving me nuts its the smugglers companion harpoon shot. will not stay turned off. The amount of credits i have wasted due to wiping myself is outrageous

I can't even sell UWT mats for bottom-bin prices as it is, my fiancee having slicing is the only way I've been able to get my Cybertech to 400 AND be able to afford my 25/40 speeders. Add to that the 60k per night repair bills from raiding that people are getting doing hardmodes, and what the hell are we going to do?

I don't care if you nerf Slicing, but how about bringing down the other fixed costs first?

uhm huh? slicing is the only way you could reach 400 cyber or get 25/40 speeders?

Darn I musta missed the memo; I went and lvled cyber 400; got my speeders and have a little $ in reserve on my own. Thanks for letting me know I was doing it wrong....

As a Slicer, I agree with the Slicing change.

As a Gladiator-level PVPer, I completely disagree with the Warzone change. So, you get unlucky and get stuck in a group of level 10's vs level 50's? Guess what? Now Bioware hates you too! Worst change ever conceived. Tempted to cancel over it.

The XP gain from losing wasnt that good to begin with when compared with going and soloing PVE content..BUT the item rewards are better from pvp commendations.

The nerf to losing XP wasnt needed, but maybe a nerf to commendations for losing was.

There is a lot more XP from questing than pvp...

It was said point blank by the devs during early access that the highest level//fastest levelling players were all doing PVE content and questing, NOT PVP(some people had made accusations of PVP exploiters getting fast levels. the Devs point blank refuted that accusation)

Now winning PVP may at least give enough XP to match what a similar amount of time spent questing does.

Jesus christ. Youre crying because the games been out for 7 days and you were ONLY able obtain over half of the speeders that you were only able to afford because of a skill exploit before BioWare stopped you?

LOL I cant read anymore of this. 7 days into the release of a game at christmas time. A real patch is released that fixes real problems and all people can think of is how they were stopped from owning everything in game within 2 weeks.

MORE PEW PEW AND LESS QQ!!!

Edited by AriochX

I was sick of hearing everyone talk about the hundreds of thousands of creds they were getting from slicing.

I am glad to see they are paying attention to the economy and not leaving skills exploitable!

The funny thing is, those claiming that were either not doing Slicing at all, or just delusional. At max skill slicing net maybe 1000 credits an hour(!) per companion sent out, but there is only ever one or two, never more, max skill mission available that costs only 1400 and yields only a lockbox. Anyone seriously in for the money would farm space missions all over, or sell blue and puruple UT mats on the auction house.

There are some classes that cannot complete the class quest line, and hence cant get into some end game flashpoints (i.e. ilum) - bugs that have been present since beta. I would have thought they would be high priority fixes, I guess Bioware thinks adding more 'baby names in end credits' is more important.

You don't think it's possible that typing in baby names was assigned to someone junior while the senior programmers were working on the stuff you'd like, even if they didn't manage to accomplish everything you wanted for this first incremental patch?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.