1 day early access ISNT early access.

zkitzor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That title was bound to be a pedant magnet.

You all know what the OP meant. Stop trying to be clever. Allow me to spell it out just in case anyone still wants to feign superiority, or is just plain in denial:

The OP's point is that if it is only 1 day of early access, that amount of time does not justify the extra money spent to secure early access, especially considering the game's already-inflated retail price. Common wisdom/gentleman's understanding is that 5 days is the unwritten average for early MMO access. EA/Bioware will know this because they'll have done a ton of research about every aspect of the launch. 3 days would be acceptable considering the technical difficulties of launching an MMO, 2 is borderline and 1 is just an insult, a legal get-out, a rip-off.

If everyone here is really, seriously ok with paying such a premium for a single day of early access, I sincerely hope for your own sakes that you never have to apply for credit, insurance or a mortgage. SWTOR is an excellent game and is clearly going to be successful but that does not mean that EA/Bioware can do no wrong.

Meh, why am I posting this? I should have learned when I (and many others) posted on the Final Fantasy 14 beta forums saying it was going to be an epic failure, and diehard Square-Enix supporters turned out in droves to deny it.

TL;DR - Yes, we all know it's still technically early access. That doesn't mean it's ok.

Whats the point of 1 day early access? I dont get it, u guys had nice stress test about 4weeks ago and it was no problem for us players, i think. Do a check if there was any problem about today when u guys had 5 waves of emails to players who got in, how many players are that + how many left ? I would like to see more invites than yesterdays wave and see how it goes.

Learn to read. You will get a minimum of 2 days and a max of 7 days Early Access. That means anywhere from 2 to 7 days.

You all know what the OP meant. Stop trying to be clever. Allow me to spell it out just in case anyone still wants to feign superiority, or is just plain in denial:

The OP's point is that if it is only 1 day of early access, that amount of time does not justify the extra money spent to secure early access, especially considering the game's already-inflated retail price. Common wisdom/gentleman's understanding is that 5 days is the unwritten average for early MMO access. EA/Bioware will know this because they'll have done a ton of research about every aspect of the launch. 3 days would be acceptable considering the technical difficulties of launching an MMO, 2 is borderline and 1 is just an insult, a legal get-out, a rip-off.

If everyone here is really, seriously ok with paying such a premium for a single day of early access, I sincerely hope for your own sakes that you never have to apply for credit, insurance or a mortgage. SWTOR is an excellent game and is clearly going to be successful but that does not mean that EA/Bioware can do no wrong.

Meh, why am I posting this? I should have learned when I (and many others) posted on the Final Fantasy 14 beta forums saying it was going to be an epic failure, and diehard Square-Enix supporters turned out in droves to deny it.

TL;DR - Yes, we all know it's still technically early access. That doesn't mean it's ok.

That post is a complete fail from the line which says "extra money spent". Nobody spent extra money for early access.

I hope D3 will have early access like this, so i can make fun of people, who'll have to wait for a week. But i don't think blizzard will fall so low, as always, they'll let everyone play at the launch day.

There's your first problem...

Whats the point of 1 day early access? I dont get it, u guys had nice stress test about 4weeks ago and it was no problem for us players, i think. Do a check if there was any problem about today when u guys had 5 waves of emails to players who got in, how many players are that + how many left ? I would like to see more invites than yesterdays wave and see how it goes.

Your nerdrage and sense of entitlement amuse me, dont have an aneurysm waiting lol. If this is seriously such a huge deal to you you REALLY need to get some extra hobbies.

Getting to play the game even one day before the actual release day is indeed early access. I really don't see what all the panic and discontentment is all about. BW have said that the date you get in will be determined by the day you entered you're pre-order code. If you entered said code after June you can't really be too surprised that you didn't get in on the first day.

There's your first problem...

I wonder when bioware updates do i need early acces to the update...i think i need to wait for 6days to try the update or wait i am cancelling the game and buying WoW:cata+Annul Pass also i get D3(in this i can start same time as other!!! unlike in swtor :/) and WoW:Mop beta acces gonna be aweeeesoooome times there, i hope you enjoy your 30min early acces =D

If you spent extra money on your pre-order then I'm sorry to say that you've been scammed.

Edited by Runeshard

Early access has always been my reason for preordering...

1. preloading.... YAH still get to play before the hard copy installs

2. preloading and early game time.. SUPAYAH

Only reason to preorder, otherwise why preorder? So u can get the nifty trinkets that last you to lvl 5? YAH!!!! Thats why I preorder I want the droid that sings to me.

/sarcasm off

P.S. That droid would be a good idea.. Look at all the bosses that buy the WoW pets.

muahahahah

Greetings, everyone. We already have a discussion thread dedicated to talking about invite waves. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=6488

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!