The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It's not AFKers who are the problem, it's players who want to run out the clock

Chiricahua

These warzone players do the bare minimum to prevent being kicked from the game. They are content to run around in circles, stand a little bit, anything not to be involved in the game. At first glance, I'd called them a little shy about being ganked. Their fear of being set upon by 2 or more enemy players has got the best of them. They do this in 2 ways. Number one is to find an obscure area of the map where there are few enemy faction players. The second is to always stay in a large group near the back, to prevent becoming the lead target.

It's all about obtaining experience points and warzone commedations by doing the least possible work.

OK, so, how do you fix it? Perhaps server side they could log how many offensive actions you take, and if you do not have a minimum per minute, you get kicked from the match?

Don't know. They were in WoW also.

Edited by Chiricahua

I personally think the people who drop at the slightest hint of being behind.

I won't name names, but our server has some very prolific PvPers who continually drop the second the other team scores first in hutt ball, or when 2 positions are capped, or if the first door falls fast....

I've seen up to 17 different names on the scoreboard for ONE TEAM on occasion. That just makes it impossible for those who are actually trying to compete.

They suck but it's their $15/month to waste and it buys them the right to waste our time as well. Pray they get bored of making a measly 800-2k xp for doing squat every 15 minutes when they are to stupid to realize they can make 5x as much in the same time running easy quests.

Hehe, This is not a problem for BioWare. The problem lies withing the community containing players like those you describe. I have not seen it a lot though.

These players will leave the game eventually...you cant program them away. Just let them get bored and you will never see them again.

Well now they wont be getting the same xps valor comms and credits for losing so its in their interests to participate.

Ive already reported two "afkers who stealthed up hid in the corner and did nothing keep on doing it and hopefully bioware will hand out one of its famous infractions we may see a decrease.

OK, so, how do you fix it? Perhaps server side they could log how many offensive actions you take, and if you do not have a minimum per minute, you get kicked from the match?

That seems like a good idea. Although it would have to account for healers/non-offensive abilities. This would be cool to implement.

well dunno much seems there is usualy two basic styles one that works one that dont work

first full team of rambo wannabee's wich get killed one by one exept the one single elite player here and there. or the zerg mode stay in tight group and kill so fast ya trap the enemy at there spawn point. dont see much difference as of now.

These warzone players do the bare minimum to prevent being kicked from the game. They are content to run around in circles, stand a little bit, anything not to be involved in the game. At first glance, I'd called them a little shy about being ganked. Their fear of being set upon by 2 or more enemy players has got the best of them. They do this in 2 ways. Number one is to find an obscure area of the map where there are few enemy faction players. The second is to always stay in a large group near the back, to prevent becoming the lead target.

It's all about obtaining experience points and warzone commedations by doing the least possible work.

I was waiting for someone to post something like this. I shouldn't even justify a response.

Have you ever heard of the morale of Troops? Instead of giving you some lengthy explanation, I'll let you figure this one out for yourself.

I see the problem here and I can relate, we used to have the same issue in Aion. When we went for an instanced PvP where a group from each faction is in a race against each other and against the third AI faction. When everyone is in the safe zone waiting for the game to start, we get to check the list of names of our opponents as soon as people see familiar names, they decide to just sit there and do nothing.

I have to admit, I'm still a Scoundrel noob (lvl 17) and never stepped foot in a Warzone until yesterday and it was the most fun I've ever had up until then! I decided to take a high spot and just chuck grenades at the Imps. Even though I was out levelled by the other side who were in their 30+ I still managed to score some kills and got a cool 66 commendations (I don't even know what they are.)

I digress, but what I'm saying is that you'll always have people like this in every PvP orientated MMOs. Once they get rolled a bit, they realise it's better to just sit down than get rolled again.

Edited by Jarwan

i was in the turret WZ and was teamed up with 5 people in the same legion on the republic side... i thought sweet they will be somewhat coordinated maybe and we'll get to own this instance. then all 5 went left to take the west turret and staying there without moving the entire instance. When i asked if they were gonna help me and the other guys take a second turret to try and win the instance they all replied with the original cliche "oh you mad?" " lulz umadbro" "u mad causebad bro"

like someone said, the problem lies within the community.

Edited by DasWsup

They suck but it's their $15/month to waste and it buys them the right to waste our time as well. Pray they get bored of making a measly 800-2k xp for doing squat every 15 minutes when they are to stupid to realize they can make 5x as much in the same time running easy quests.

I believe a few folks have said you can level faster via pvp.I call them to the mat for that.I can make way more experience in one hour of world gameplay than in pvp.Especially with this type of nonsense happening.Give it about 3 months then the real pvpers will come out of the woodwork.

I can not say much about those who do as little as possible in a warzone... except that they, in my opinion, are losers. I do, however, feel that a large majority of players are still figuring things out. In a great many warzones, that I have been in, the Republic loses a large majority of the time.

For now, it is my belief that it is just a lack of knowledge on how each warzone works, what needs to be done, and figuring out that it is not all about how much damage you can do. People have to learn that dot's and aoe's work best over pure damage for Voidstar. Using dot's and aoe's repeatedly when trying to prevent the opposition from planting a bomb or capping a turret in Alderaan. Or slowing, knocking back, etc... in Huttball. Once more players realize that just because you can kill, or damage, lots of players doesn't mean you will win... warzones will get better.

That seems like a good idea. Although it would have to account for healers/non-offensive abilities. This would be cool to implement.

So a turret defender whose turret doesn't get invaded because the enemy sees him there gets kicked... which leaves your turret empty and capped. No thanks.

Ya, also noticed this behavior, but luckily it is rare. At least I haven't seen too much of it.

It is the underlying problem that they should be fixing, the wrong incentives they give to the players.

Action should be rewarded over inaction, and more importantly the correct actions should be rewarded. I wrote a lengthy post about this already, so I'll not write it down again, but BW should really take a look at the medal system and how the warzone rewards are given out, then rework the whole thing, as in its current state it is simply wrong.

Anyway, would they fix this, then it suddenly would not become viable to just hang around in PVP matches as it would give you little to no rewards and also people would be compelled to work towards completing the objectives to get the rewards they want.