Can people stop being so negative, please?

Ishagu

Or should we lie? Tell that everything is up to the *** in rainbow and unicorns, decieve new players, only for them to later realize the truth and - SURPRISE - come to the forums complaining.

Those who want to stay subscribed no matter of what are trying to attract more new players with only positive feedback in general forums. Their interest is to make their investement last as long as possible (same for Bioware to make money). It is of course natural thing to do, but every game has negative aspects and if there are a lot of it then it builds up in time anyway. Cant close community mouths if they want to know whats going to happen in near future with game. Especially if old time streamers themself are saying to quit if no new big news coming soon.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The un-constructive, negative ranting is affecting the enjoyment of myself and many others, so yes - I'm going to talk about it.

And no one owes you anything. You paid for access to the game and you have it. What's the problem ?

The un-constructive, negative ranting is affecting the enjoyment of myself and many others, so yes - I'm going to talk about it.

According to the Dev's, they listen to and heed comments on here and on Redit.

Where else would you suggest people express their dissatisfaction?

Why are you ok with such poor CS that a note saying "we know the problem but wont fix it" is good enough for you?

It is your problem if you like this game and want it to continue existing. If you don't, then dissatisfaction should lead to quiting, not spend so much time ranting. Or ranting is something that you enjoy doing?

So, in your mind, as a paying customer if I don't like a change made to a product that I have been using for years I should just find a new product rather than complain about it and have the "old" product restored?

Allow me to direct your attention to "New Coke".

Edited by ekwalizer

I'm a returning player, and I'm enjoying the game immensely. Between conquest, strongholds, new story content and what not there is a lot of fun things to do in this game!

I come to the forums from time to time, and all I see is hate and rage at the game. Guys, please - you're starting to put me off, and it's not helping when new players visit the forum and see it's only full of complaints.

Ranting to other players here will no fix anything. If you have absolutely nothing positive to say, venting to people who are enjoying the game isn't going to change anything for you. Let's be more positive. A lot of new players are currently coming in and I can see it on my server - we should make them feel welcome so they stay!

If you are enjoying the game, like I am, then enjoy the game. If there are things about it that stand out and that you want to praise, then post about those things and praise them. But if there are things that you dislike about the game or things you would like to see changed, then by all means you should post about those things, too.

It's just the norm in the internet age that most people are more likely to post about the things they dislike than about the things they like. If you dislike something, at least expressing that discontent either gives some sense (illusory or not) of trying to do something about it, or at least gives an outlet for venting. By contrast, if you're happy with something, people aren't usually struck by the knee-jerk reaction to "do something" about that happiness - and if they are, it usually isn't posting about it on the internet.

It's an internet gaming truism: "Those who like the game, are playing the game. Those who dislike the game are posting about it on the forums." That may be why the general trend skews negative, and it's worth being mindful of - but it doesn't change the fact that if you are unhappy about something with the game you should absolutely feel free to give honest feedback about it on the forums.

Edited by DarthDymond

OP, I can relate - I really can. As my sig says, I was an alpha/early beta tester. Been around off and on since then - with large breaks due to work and other responsibilities.

I came back a couple of months ago to such incessant bile on the forums that I was pretty surprised. People calling for folks to be fired and so forth. I posted things in opposition to such things and generally rolled my eyes at folks who got so worked up.

And then I experienced the last 60 days or so. I will be brief and say there have been so many missteps that it crosses a line into needing a stronger word.

In fact several of the posts I made were specifically about this issue, about that there were bound to be returning players coming in from the movie and that they would read the forum and be turned off - that they had to tighten the ship.

And instead it got worse and not better.

The simple truth is this - the game has hired some great voice and writing talent. But there are serious problems with management going on. It is real, not imagined, and not over played. To the point it is shocking and sad - especially to those of us that have given a fair bit of themselves at some point to make the game solid.

The best advice I can give you is to stay off the forums and enjoy content you haven't yet experienced. There is a fair bit of that. But the community is very likely to get angrier, not happier over the next couple of weeks. There is truly, in every sense of the phrase, just cause.

You've just got to avoid General if you wish to not see it and that is the facts.

Simply WOW. OP, while I understand your view point and you want everything in the forums to be "positive". Thats simply an unrealistic request. The whole point of the forums is for people to express their thoughts and opinions; positive or negative. I came back to this game in September and recently unsubbed because of the issues surrounding the game. I didn't come here and get put off by the negative comments. I was put off by the fact that the development team did some rather abrupt, game changing patches and it made the game unenjoyable for me.

I didn't come here on the forums and rant away. I did state why I was leaving, but nothing dramatic. I unsubbed and haven't been back since. I do lurk on the forums as I'm morbidly curious whats going on with SWTOR, and I still have 2 weeks left in my sub so I can still post if I want to. I had to reply to this thread though as it amused me that someone really wants the forums to be all rainbows and positive vibes. Doesn't happen in an MMO community forums; especially this one.

SWTOR needs a bigger development team to really satisfy everyones needs. They SHOULD have put some new flashpoints in by now, and SHOULD have put some new raids in. PVP should be moving right along. But, most of the players here have seen their MMO go from an MMORPG to a glorified version of KOTOR 3. I can understand why everyone's pissed off; on the flip side I can see how a new player would be completely enthralled by SWTOR. I know I was for 3 months, until they changed everything...

So, in your mind, as a paying customer if I don't like a change made to a product that I have been using for yours I should just find a new product rather than complain about it and have the "old" product restored?

Simply WOW. OP, while I understand your view point and you want everything in the forums to be "positive". Thats simply an unrealistic request.

Complaining a bit is one thing but some of the over dramatic horse **** in the General Forum is just ridiculous.

Especially when the core game is still the same, with only improvements being made.

Also people should really learn to recognize and make a difference between being burned out and the game itself being bad.

Also after a certain point one should have the wisdom to figure out what the game is and what it is going to be and learn to live with it or just quit. Making the forums a way to vent frustrations in an unhealthy amount of way, just makes things worse for the game, not better.

Edited by Kaedusz

Complaining a bit is one thing but some of the over dramatic horse **** in the General Forum is just ridiculous.

Especially when the core game is still the same, with only improvements being made.

Oh yes, ******** of bugs and broken things like Nim loot definetely improved the game for me. They improved it so hard, it made me stop wasting time and money on it. And that's definetely a positive thing.

Rather than requesting other players refrain from giving negative feedback, a more productive approach might be to post about the things you are enjoying and give positive feedback encouraging BW to build upon those aspects.

^^ +1 I bet if this was done the results would have been drastically different.

Oh yes, ******** of bugs and broken things like Nim loot definetely improved the game for me. They improved it so hard, it made me stop wasting time and money on it. And that's definetely a positive thing.

So? Bugs happen in mmos all the freaking time, learn to deal with it and have a little understanding with the devs.

The reaction you just had is over the top. I would have a similar one, if the god damn server server crashed so bad that all my characters are irreversibly deleted or some **** like that.

I just did double facepalm reading this. But its your opinion and i respect that. Just FYI 4.0 changed fundamentally pretty much ALL things that we used to know. It was even advertised that changes will be done how Bioware sees game in near future starting from solo content to the end of group content changes.

Edited by Divona

I just did double facepalm reading this. But its your opinion and i respect that. Just FYI 4.0 changed fundamentally pretty much ALL things that we used to know. It was even advertised that changes will be done how Bioware sees game in near future starting from solo content to the end of group content changes.

Imo the game was getting a bit stale before 4.0.

By the core of the game i mean, a mmo version of Kotor. Nothing beats that. And as someone said in another thread, don't take this game for granted and like it for what it is, cus if it shuts down, we are pretty much screwed with Disney garbage or Battlefront at best.

Edited by Kaedusz

So? Bugs happen in mmos all the freaking time, learn to deal with it and have a little understanding with the devs.

The reaction you just had is over the top. I would have a similar one, if the gosh darn server server crashed so bad that all my characters are irreversibly deleted or some **** like that.

Lol. Or if servers got rolled back and you would lost 6 hours of progress?

Also, you know what else happens in MMOs all the freaken time? Bugfixes. Not the 'sorry, we don't care, see you in febraury" dev responses.

I'm a returning player, and I'm enjoying the game immensely. Between conquest, strongholds, new story content and what not there is a lot of fun things to do in this game!

I come to the forums from time to time, and all I see is hate and rage at the game. Guys, please - you're starting to put me off, and it's not helping when new players visit the forum and see it's only full of complaints.

Ranting to other players here will no fix anything. If you have absolutely nothing positive to say, venting to people who are enjoying the game isn't going to change anything for you. Let's be more positive. A lot of new players are currently coming in and I can see it on my server - we should make them feel welcome so they stay!

It has been this way since Beta. So about 4 years. I dont see it changing anytime soon. Fairly typical for all MMOs. A very small percentage of players ever go to a forum, and those that do participate normally do so to complain. Nothng new for the MMO genre.

Also, you know what else happens in MMOs all the freaken time? Bugfixes. Not the 'sorry, we don't care, see you in febraury" dev responses.

This ^^

I have been on here defending SWTOR and BW for months, but dang...really..."yeah, we know what the problem is ,but we dont care enough to fix it"...how can anyone defend that?

This ^^

I have been on here defending SWTOR and BW for months, but dang...really..."yeah, we know what the problem is ,but we dont care enough to fix it"...how can anyone defend that?

It's almost like they are purposely trying to tank the game.

Also people should really learn to recognize and make a difference between being burned out and the game itself being bad.

Also after a certain point one should have the wisdom to figure out what the game is and what it is going to be and learn to live with it or just quit. Making the forums a way to vent frustrations in an unhealthy amount of way, just makes things worse for the game, not better.

Contrary to Bioware's thought process, this expansion did not bring in tons of new or returning players. If they were not hemorrhaging subscriptions there would be no reason at all to have an 8-month promotional gimmick asking people to stay subscribed. Products in demand need no gimmick. F2Pers do not "pay the bills" around here, subscribers do; Bioware even said that.

If people do not complain, Bioware will not have any specifics to point to for the massive loss of subscribers. Thus, they will not know exactly what to correct.

Edited by ekwalizer

It's almost like they are purposely trying to tank the game.

You said you were going to play WoW. What happened? If you want, now is the time. Check your email. (Assuming you have been a subscriber before). Stop loitering. :cool:

Edited by Kaedusz

You said you were going to play WoW. What happened? If you want, now is the time. Check your email. (Assuming you have been a subscriber before). Stop loitering. :cool:

I have nine days left just to pester you with ... yay :cool: I paid for my time so I'll post as much as I want. You sound scared of my presence. You could always report me and see how that works out lol but that would require staff actually still paying attention to this game. You know ... your healthy vibrant nothing wrong with it game. ;)

Edited by Skaara

I have nine days left just to stalk you with ... yay :cool: I paid for my time so I'll post as much as I want. You sound scared of my presence. You could always report me and see how that works out lol

Interesting. How much do those 9 days cost you? I can only imagine people who loiter around on the forum of a game they dislike have a pretty empty life?

I don't understand the thought behind doing something you no longer enjoy. If a movie is annoying me, I change it. If a book is boring, I pick another. Games are no different.

Edited by Ishagu

Sorry, all their resources went into raising the CC price of the Life Day Robes from 800 to 1000. ;)