[TFA SPOILERS] The place on THAT scene

renatolnsp

Knowing how much Disney hates fans of EU, doubt it.

the new republic and Rakata prime are both now cannon in the new Disney Eu

And Rebels made the indicator cruiser cannon as well so they may not everything from cannon but its clear they arnt going to 100% ignore it either.

could do with a bigger image, cant see what the planets are mate.

Edited by Kaisernick

[[snip]

(yes as a fan i hope that some Legends/EU stuff can still be canonized).

[snip snip]

As a fan, I say the EU is canon and Disney's new crap isn't.

Sorry. Still trying to get that out of my system. :p To answer your actual question, no. I don't think it's Tython. It doesn't even look like Tython. It looks more like Lehon, which did make it into Disney canon via the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary. So if it's an old planet from the EU, that's the most likely one.

I doubt it is too be honest but who knows. Taris is apparently canon now.

Taris made it into Disney canon only because James Luceno mentioned it in Tarkin, which was, I believe, originally an EU novel before Disney threw the EU out.

Any material like Tython, Rakata, Taris, etc, created by Bioware is copyright.

There is no reason the film-makers would use IP created/owned by someone else for something like the name of a random planet, when they can simply create the name of a random planet themselves and own it.

Well, most people that i've heard opinions from highlighted the last acene as the best in the whole movie.

Since Han said that Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple i started to get worried (yes as a fan i hope that some Legends/EU stuff can still be canonized).

So, what are the chances of Luke be hiding on Tython? The planet is significantly similar, but it's location can be a setback because it's a little far from the core worlds, but that can be edited on other editions if a future retcon happens.

Wanna know what you guys think.

Nice idea, although it wont be in the exact same place as it is in game. Rakata Prime is also official, and is on the map near where Luke is.

Could be, I need to get "Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary" it lists Rakata Prime apparently.

It wouldn't make sense. The Rakata were dark side users, except the Elders, why build the first temple there?

And by the way, we saw only a fraction of the planet, it doesn't mean the entire planet is like that. That tiny island could be the place Luke chose to hide himself, hence reducing the probability of someone finding him by accident, probably the temple isn't exacly there.

As a fan, I say the EU is canon and Disney's new crap isn't.

Sorry. Still trying to get that out of my system. :p To answer your actual question, no. I don't think it's Tython. It doesn't even look like Tython. It looks more like Lehon, which did make it into Disney canon via the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary. So if it's an old planet from the EU, that's the most likely one.

Taris made it into Disney canon only because James Luceno mentioned it in Tarkin, which was, I believe, originally an EU novel before Disney threw the EU out.

That's where you lose. Disney > you.

I thought it might be Tython too, but I've also seen some speculation that it's Rakata Prime. We'll see next movie.

Probably not tython, notice in tython the ruins are crumbling but they are still large and grand, you cant miss em.

Keep in mind, it's also been almost 4,000 years since the events between TOR and TFA (even with TOR being considered part of the "Legends" continuity). We have ruins on this planet that are in worse shape, and younger.

Any material like Tython, Rakata, Taris, etc, created by Bioware is copyright.

Technically, so is Korriban, but that didn't stop the creators of The Clone Wars from intending to use it at the end of that series, even making it to the script phase (until Lucas asked them to change it to Moraband).

I'm pretty sure it will be Manaan.

The movie will have Luke leading a team with Rey and Fin into the depths. They'll come across the movie version of Ortuno...

Luke will realize that Rey and Fin are too low powered to face off against an enemy like Ortuno, and he'll succumb to the dark side by rage quitting. With Rey and Fin stranded against such a powerful foe the rebellion will have been disbanded before it even started.

*Seriously though, it isn't going to be related to SWTOR... unless its Manaan. Then it would be hilarious.*

Edited by oldskoolfunk

Technically, so is Korriban, but that didn't stop the creators of The Clone Wars from intending to use it at the end of that series, even making it to the script phase (until Lucas asked them to change it to Moraband).

Actually Korriban is Lucasfilm's, it's first appearance was on Tales of the Jedi series of comics in the 90s.

Edited by renatolnsp

• 2 weeks later...

To me this question is the biggest conflict between swtor and Disney canon. Han says, those who know Luke best believe he left to search for the first Jedi temple. Its been confirmed that the planet Luke was found on its not Tython, so that's a bummer. I'm still trying to grasp at something that explains this controversy between tor lore and canon lore, and have come up with three potential explanations so far.

1)We don't know for sure that Han's belief that Luke was searching for the first temple is ACTUALLY what Luke was doing (it probably was though, why mislead the audience that way) .

2) We don't know that Luke has completed his search for the first temple, maybe he never found it (this seams unlikely because the map correctly directed Rey to Luke, which means he either found the temple, gave up looking, or point one above is accurate. The ruins in the final scene certainly allude to an ancient structure unfortunately)

3) (This is the point that I hope out how for as the most likely scapegoat for tor, but I need the help of people more familiar with tor lore to confirm my hopes. ) We know that Tython is the birthplace of Force users/Jedi, BUT I'm not aware of it ever being explicitly stated that the first TEMPLE was built on Tython. Obviously it would be assumed that the first temple was Tythonian, but if it's never directly referenced in the game, then you could argue that the jedi first constructed a temple elsewhere, possibly somewhere more relevant to the Republic, or more secretive to preserve the purity of the order (away from the Republic).

4) It is Disney canon that jedi archives can be erased of information (Kamino) by individuals/groups (effectively erasing knowledge of that planet's existence from the entire galaxy. Its still possible that Tython and the Disney planet (Ahch-To) are the SAME. The name tython has simply been lost to time and/or an intentional removal of that planet's existence from galaxy wide knowledge (not an unreasonable possibility). Even if Ahch-To is a water world, you could believe that Tythons climate changed, polar ice caps melted, and water unleased on 90% of the surface.

All of this is obviously crazy, but it really pulls me out of the swtor universe when I know that it is the equivalent of fan fiction in terms of the validity of the stories being told; the stories I want to invest time and emotion into.

Please, those more knowledgeable in topics I've posted here, enlighten me on aspects of the lore that enable or disprove my theories.