EU Maintenance Time Campaign

JonDemo

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

Well it would start at 11AM (guess using AM/PM is best to avoid confusion) but as stated could still last hours in to the afternoon.

I don't know how often maintenance is performed but even if it's a day a week this is a stupid time (if it were once a months I guess I'd be OK with it).

European maintenance should obviously be scheduled for 4AM central Europe (CET/GMT+1/Paris).

Signed!

Please please please, keep us in mind! I'm sure we represent enough of the playerbase to be taken into consideration!

Although just one note for the brits complaining that today is a bank holiday and maintenance should be moved to another day: Guys, if maintenance is on -every- Tuesday then chances are sometimes it will happen on Bank Holidays. That's to be expected, you can't shuffle days around based on things like that! ;)

This is a campaign to get European Servers Maintained during the early hours of the morning in Europe.

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

As the servers are designated to a region, why not employ regional maintenance. There are two benefits to this.

- firstly the European and Asian players don't feel like second hand community members, slaves to US policy :rolleyes:

- secondly maintenance issues that are potentially damaging would only affect a block of servers at a time.

Sign this petition if you want to play SW during the European afternoons.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

From Rules of Conduct:

•Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

Absolutely agree with OP.

It is a disgrace that all the servers are updated when it is convenient for US players especially as even though the majority of the player base is there, they still have huge amount of players outside the US as evidenced by the amount of "EU" servers.

I certainly do feel like a second class player. In some respects they probably try to make things convenient for all but then again, in many cases they don't seem to acknowledge things work differently in other parts of the world.

1. As simple thing as the in-game clock: Could we have an option to have a 24 h clock?

2. Beta servers were mostly German or French.

3. No specific servers for specific nationalities, which forced many guilds to move, and in the end some known English speaking servers became overcrowded. This phenomenon isn't nothing new, they should've prepared for it.

4. Account activation: Only those with credit cards could continue to use those 30 FREE days they were promised, others had to pay for 60 extra days even if they didn't know if they want to continue playing or not - or at least if they want to take a break after the first month. Very US centric to believe everyone in Europe needs a credit card.

5. Would be nice if they announced service breaks so that everyone could understand when they are. Sure, I can check some world clock but as a customer, is it really my job to do that?

Reposting cause it just makes so much sense! Pretty much sums up what everyone i know is feeling about this...

Definitely /signed.

I just got up on my bank holiday day off, logged into the game and then the servers shut down 10 minute later, supposedly for the next 6 hours ..

Come on, you have a European region for servers, schedule a maintenance that suits.

This is definitely not the way to handle EU and Asian region players. Beyond that; we're not just players or gamers; we're customers. We have to pay for playtime, ie; subscription!

You can't just take 4-6hrs of peak playtime hours away from paying customers. We deserve maintenance times to be at hours where most people are not online playing. Better yet; find a way to do your maintenance in 1-2hrs. Not 6. I bet doing regions separately will cut that time significantly.

One way or another; I don't want to spent MY MONEY on your maintenance time. I want to play the game.

[/endRage]