EU Maintenance Time Campaign

JonDemo

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to this too very much so. There may well be a reason why they need to do all servers at once, something to do with the launcher patching all clients at once for example. If it would be possible though then making them more EU friendly makes sense, especially with 6 hour patches like today.

Another solution might be to compromise and put it earlier on all severs, I would imagine US peak usage peters out around 2am or earlier so move it then to avoid disruption to EU players.

Umm, no....

Taking the servers down when people should be doing something (i.e. during the day) like oh I dunno, work/school/college/uni is far better than waiting till everyone gets home, has dinner then sits down to play SWTOR only to find the servers going down right at the peak of when people are online.

Sorry, but i think your making a bad assumption.

You seem to be saying, that if the don't do the Europeean maintence during the day, they have to do it during the evening.

I believe people want them to do maintanence in Europe around the 4 - 10am CET (3 - 9am GMT), i.e. when most people are sleeping and getting ready for work, school, uni etc etc.

The US maintanence can stay as it is, and Europe just waits 18 hours for the updates.

Most other MMO companies do it this way as it has the 2 advantages given by the OP.

Tbh, it's not asking much - Same responsibilities = same rights.

If EU'ers pay 'the same', slight price variations as have been mentioned before which normally favour the US anyway, then they should have 'the same' play hours. Midnight - 6am Local Server Time would impose the same restrictions on everyone. No favouritism. Alternatively, make every second Maintenance run EU time, therefore sharing the negative impact with the US'ers - thereby making us equal.

Two solutions - one is obviously preferred over the other, but they both balance the scales, and make all subbers feel EQUAL.

I totally agree that we in the EU should have our own maintenance schedule. Also a little research in to EU national holidays would be good too.

It is a national holiday here in the UK today and guess what, 2 days after Xmas they decide to shut the servers down all day to apply a patch. What is wrong with them? Do they want subscribers or not?

To a lot of people over here, who got the game as a xmas gift, they will see this as a huge blight on the game and I very much doubt that many will be subscribing.

So Bioware/EA, stop penny pinching and give the EU maintenance at our times and do a little research as to when would be the best time to do something and as a hint, best not do it when a whole country has a day off work, it really will be bad for business.

Edited by Lebafo

I Agree, not only is it all day. it is happening on a UK bank holiday meaning the last full day i get to play before work i get forced to spend time with the family counting down the hours until servers are back up