NiM Loot Issue / Update

EricMusco

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When looking from end game operations point of biew it doesnt matter anymore this NiM issue. It seems a lot raiders have started to quit this game anyway. I see drastic drop from last week compared to start of november (like half less) http://ixparse.com/stats/?boss=&mode[]=HM&metric=Toons

Also server population activity has been declining especially EU suffers a lot http://www.torstatus.net

I really doubt NiM loot can fix that trend anymore. And we still have end of december + whole january without any update.

Edited by Divona

To the decision makers in Austin,

One week has passed since you started this thread. Are you going to have the decency to explain your actions to the raiding community for this decision or are you hoping that this thread will just disappear? Just let us know why you have decided that the hardest content in the game doesn't guaranty to drop the best gear. You can spend hours upon hours finding the exploiters and what they have laundered down to the last credit and posting your findings but you cant even give us an answer to your reasoning behind this absurdity.

Thanks,

Ever seen League of Legends patch updates?

It's fascinating stuff.

They actually put notes next to the changes explaining what they are doing and what they want to achieve.

On the other hand while it might be helpful for SWTOR I expect anyone behind these changes to trash the incentive to do hardest PVE would be too ashamed to admit what they are doing to the game.

Look at all the negative comments, how could you possibly explain yourself.

Ever seen League of Legends patch updates?

It's fascinating stuff.

They actually put notes next to the changes explaining what they are doing and what they want to achieve.

On the other hand while it might be helpful for SWTOR I expect anyone behind these changes to trash the incentive to do hardest PVE would be too ashamed to admit what they are doing to the game.

Look at all the negative comments, how could you possibly explain yourself.

Its funny because they literally haven't communicated at all besides the initial post on this topic, after an insane amount of replies from raiders, pvpers, and solo players who all can agree that this decision is pure stupidity

Edited by Simmerr

So they sat in their office and brainstormed an idea to keep raiders on the treadmill longer until their next x or y content update... and this was the solution?

Make gear 'harder' to get by being randomly dropped in the area it used to drop in?

Seriously?

Does any BioEAware dev play this game on a max level toon outside of debugging?

Seriously?

Is there any other MMO where lower tiers of difficulty gets higher rewarded gear as a 'design' choice?

What stinks about this is that the teams that want to progress into the nightmare content can't 100 percent focus on that content. Granted it seems as if 220 is suffient just like 192 gear (and even 186 gear) was sufficient for 3.0 hard modes, but none the less with 224 gear drops only offered from the highlighted hard mode operations teams that are trying to get themselves into nightmare progression really have to split their focus. And, that's the biggest down side to me from nightmare not dropping 224 in a guaranteed sense.

What each mode needs are more rewards that aren't gear based as well. I'd love to see new decorations in both hard mode and nightmare especially since the hard mode decorations now drop in story mode. I'd also like to see a new vehicle mission added for each mode for new aratechs for story and hard mode. But, alas, tis not to be it seems.

So they sat in their office and brainstormed an idea to keep raiders on the treadmill longer until their next x or y content update... and this was the solution?

Make gear 'harder' to get by being randomly dropped in the area it used to drop in?

Seriously?

Does any BioEAware dev play this game on a max level toon outside of debugging?

Seriously?

Is there any other MMO where lower tiers of difficulty gets higher rewarded gear as a 'design' choice?

Of course they did...they believe this will keep you (you being hardcore raiders) playing longer because the odds of getting what you want are low, being a random drop and all. If it was a guaranteed drop, you'd only need to run it 8 times to fill out your set...this way, they can adjust drops on their end to ensure you never get the 224 chest piece.

It's pure foolishness. I have no idea who is in charge in Austin, but whoever it is, needs to answer to someone at EA...this is quite obviously going to cost them players - players they didn't need to lose. There's no logical reason for what they did...only someone 100% out of touch, or purposely trying to sink a game, could think otherwise.

I think it's clear that EA has pulled the plug on SWTOR. What we have is what we'll get - if you're not having fun right now, chances are you never will. They probably have 5-6 people still "working" on it, but they seem to be about as productive and sloppy as the "PvP Team". It's sad to see another game with great potential just thrown away by bad choices.

It's pure foolishness. I have no idea who is in charge in Austin, but whoever it is, needs to answer to someone at EA...this is quite obviously going to cost them players - players they didn't need to lose. There's no logical reason for what they did...only someone 100% out of touch, or purposely trying to sink a game, could think otherwise.

I think it's clear that EA has pulled the plug on SWTOR. What we have is what we'll get - if you're not having fun right now, chances are you never will. They probably have 5-6 people still "working" on it, but they seem to be about as productive and sloppy as the "PvP Team". It's sad to see another game with great potential just thrown away by bad choices.

Yep, you are correct, it makes even trying to progression raid seem rather pointless. But let's be honest, the odds of a new raid any time soon are thin. Maybe we'll be surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't unsubbed yet, but last night I purchased Elder Scrolls Online, I'm going to give it a try this week and see how it is. While I haven't left yet, I have one eye on the door. The comedy of errors the past seven weeks has turned into a Greek tragedy and is no longer funny.

Of course they did...they believe this will keep you (you being hardcore raiders) playing longer because the odds of getting what you want are low, being a random drop and all. If it was a guaranteed drop, you'd only need to run it 8 times to fill out your set...this way, they can adjust drops on their end to ensure you never get the 224 chest piece.

SPOT ON. This decision is utterly and completely bewildering. It's almost as if it is engineered and designed specifically to antagonize paying customers for no good reason. It's just ludicrous and makes no sense at all.

The evidence of the last 2 months has made it pretty clear that, as TUXs says, there is very little support for this game at the moment. So many weird and inexplicable missteps.

1. Over-hyping the subscriber rewards announcement of December 1 to such a degree that what they actually announced was disappointing to many. The issue here wasn't the rewards themselves, but the hyperbole leading up to them. Whether you like or don't like the rewards, I haven't heard anyone saying they weren't massively over-hyped for what they were.

2. Saying the OP companions were never intended to be that powerful (which ANY reasonable analysis of playtest data should have shown), then nerfing them hugely and causing a substantial uproar.

3. After the excellent KotFE story, all current end-game content associated with the expansion, both solo AND group, amount to a single repeatable Star Fortress. All other content, solo and group, is old content that scales up to you (ops, flashpoints) or they scale you down to (level sync with planetary heroics).

4. Huge exploit with the significant potential for damaging the in-game economy left open and un-patched for about 6 weeks after it was identified.

5. NiM loot being inferior to HM loot. No justification even attempted, just a post basically saying "Yep, this is working as intended".

6. Server rollbacks, in some cases costing people cartel coins that customer service has refused to refund.

7. Defeated enemies not despawning, causing server instability.

8. Rakhghoul event broken.

All of this in only about 2 months. It's simply embarrassing.

Whichever "brilliant mind" thought this would slow down 224 gear progression forgot about alts and legacy gear and "featured hardmode" -- people that run NM ops were able to get an almost complete set of 224 on EV/KP

:rolleyes:

Edited by Khevar

Yep, you are correct, it makes even trying to progression raid seem rather pointless. But let's be honest, the odds of a new raid any time soon are thin. Maybe we'll be surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't unsubbed yet, but last night I purchased Elder Scrolls Online, I'm going to give it a try this week and see how it is. While I haven't left yet, I have one eye on the door. The comedy of errors the past seven weeks has turned into a Greek tragedy and is no longer funny.

100% agree. Unlike you, I have unsubbed and am playing other games. Been subbed off and on (mostly on) since about a month after launch. I've done all of the class stories (most of them more than once) and with the utter lack of new content there's no reason to keep a sub if you're a long-term player. The new story is fun, but has no replay value as so far all outcomes are the same regardless of choices.

I think they're trying to coast on existing content. Count on new players that have all the class and faction stories to play, with no intention of keeping long-term players that have done all of the content.

SPOT ON. This decision is utterly and completely bewildering. It's almost as if it is engineered and designed specifically to antagonize paying customers for no good reason. It's just ludicrous and makes no sense at all.

The evidence of the last 2 months has made it pretty clear that, as TUXs says, there is very little support for this game at the moment. So many weird and inexplicable missteps.

1. Over-hyping the subscriber rewards announcement of December 1 to such a degree that what they actually announced was disappointing to many. The issue here wasn't the rewards themselves, but the hyperbole leading up to them. Whether you like or don't like the rewards, I haven't heard anyone saying they weren't massively over-hyped for what they were.

2. Saying the OP companions were never intended to be that powerful (which ANY reasonable analysis of playtest data should have shown), then nerfing them hugely and causing a substantial uproar.

3. After the excellent KotFE story, all current end-game content associated with the expansion, both solo AND group, amount to a single repeatable Star Fortress. All other content, solo and group, is old content that scales up to you (ops, flashpoints) or they scale you down to (level sync with planetary heroics).

4. Huge exploit with the significant potential for damaging the in-game economy left open and un-patched for about 6 weeks after it was identified.

5. NiM loot being inferior to HM loot. No justification even attempted, just a post basically saying "Yep, this is working as intended".

6. Server rollbacks, in some cases costing people cartel coins that customer service has refused to refund.

7. Defeated enemies not despawning, causing server instability.

8. Rakhghoul event broken.

All of this in only about 2 months. It's simply embarrassing.

Sadly, that's a good summary of issues post 4.0...even sadder, it's not even a FULL list. Things like a broken GTN, broken REP items, bugged Chap 7 quest preventing players from going forward...what the hell is going on in Austin?

Sadly, that's a good summary of issues post 4.0...even sadder, it's not even a FULL list. Things like a broken GTN, broken REP items, bugged Chap 7 quest preventing players from going forward...what the hell is going on in Austin?

My best guess is, after marihuana got legal in some states, they all whent off for a smoke-off vacation for the money we pay them and have now left all the development and QA departments in charge of 1 suckpuppet called jarjar.

My best guess is, after marihuana got legal in some states, they all whent off for a smoke-off vacation for the money we pay them and have now left all the development and QA departments in charge of 1 suckpuppet called jarjar.

Meessa gonna remove loot from NiM! :/

LOL - well I'm not sure if Texas was in the list of states that has that.

Have you checked the Star Wars section of reddit lately. Might see why nothing here is being added or fixed in a timely manner.

Because they want this game to fail so they can send everyone off to complete mass effect? Of course, they still want to milk as many cartel market purchases out of the sheeple for as long as they can before that.

Where´s the CM? Get your *** up and do your job; communicate with the community!

Nearly the half of all German Progress Raider´s unsub with 4.0 and is now in other Games.

The other half will unsub in the next three month.

Everybody is looking for other games. Now it´s your time to act.