Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Weekly Searching for allies - thx EA for making it impossible to complete...

LydMekk

Last couple of weeks you patched this mission...making one of the conditions that you need to complete it with the group you entered with to make it deliverable. Wow...really?

EA have you been in a GF group lately? The system is hammorrageing players through the run. Often one even doesnt enter the GF before quitting, sometimes its after a boss under or maybe they died on a trash pack and soured.

We often change the whole group several times over before finishing the GF...

How are we now to complete this quest?

Someone needs to rethink this decision! Bring it back the way it was 2 weeks ago. This on top of all the murky decisions lately...wow.... :mad:

I am not sure where I read (or heard) this, but reading the OP's post reminded me of a discussion I saw with a Bioware rep. One of the points that came up was the general complaint about people quitting mid-content, whether it is a FP, Op, WZ or GSF match. My recollection is that the Bioware rep mentioned they were looking at different ways to resolve this, or at least incentivize people to stay with content instead of quitting the first time things went wrong.

I think the current setup may be an attempt to do just that. Hats off to BW for at least making the attempt if so, but I would still like to see some latitude in the system.

Well, this is NOT the way to try to do this. Outside a well geared 65 trinity group from a guild, noone will ever complete this quest again as it stands. It also makes an impact on conquest as the conquest points for doing the weekly is never had for the player.

Well, this is NOT the way to try to do this. Outside a well geared 65 trinity group from a guild, noone will ever complete this quest again as it stands. It also makes an impact on conquest as the conquest points for doing the weekly is never had for the player.

This needs focus. Change this back it the way it was. You are making GF runs in FPs obsolete with this decision.

the problem with this system if I understood it correctly... is that instead of encouraging people to stay? it punishes those that actualy do. that is NOT fixing the problem of people leaving groups. its making it WORSE.

Yes it is worse. If someone drops from your group you are screwed.

Yeah not sure what you are talking about. I have seen groups falling apart and we still got credit for the completion.

It's like people complaining that the tactical weekly is broken when it specifically lists which flashpoints count toward the weekly.

Edited by demotivator

For the record, EA had absolutely nothing to do with it. Bioware Austin develops the game. They are the ones to complain about, not EA. Electronic Arts does not make developmental decisions, they just take the money.

Bioware is EA, its not a different corp just a division of EA some people don't pretend they are different corps.

Bioware is EA, its not a different corp just a division of EA some people don't pretend they are different corps.

And his point stands. EA corporate head has nothing to do with the run of the mill management of this game. All the EA portion of the company does anymore is crunch the numbers, to cut or add to budgets.

I ran maybe two flashpoints before level 50 (since the change)

...and that's all it took for me to realize that I won't run another Flashpoint on another character again.

Not until it's Story Mode and NOT Tactical.

The problem is there are too many DPS classes, and the game will queue you with anything. Four DPS cannot complete this. Just not possible. The game is designed around a Tank, a Healer and Two DPS. Also, taking 20 something 30 or even 40something characters and "boosting" them to do a level 65 run just isn't good.

...the same way a level 65 level synced to Alderaan still crushes the landscape mobs, well, it's the opposite for a level 30 going into a level 65 Flashpoint. I mean, your level 65 synced down still has ALL of the skills, class passives and utility points. Also, their gear is raid level scaled down. A lowbie scaled up has half or less of the class abilities, and their gear is going to be progression gear (deficient in many slots, because who cares?)

TL/DR

Going from Story Mode to Tactical was exactly opposite of what they should have done.

Edited by LordFell

No, not the intro, the normal weekly.

Check your quest log. On some of the older FPs they no longer consitently auto-complete after the last boss and you may have to return to the terminal for the specific FP on fleet and speak to the holo of Satele or Malgus in order to get credit.

You do remember where to find the Mission and Dropship elevators, right?

Check your quest log. On some of the older FPs they no longer consitently auto-complete after the last boss and you may have to return to the terminal for the specific FP on fleet and speak to the holo of Satele or Malgus in order to get credit.

Yeah, there is a good chance that this is what's happening. I've been completing the weekly fine regardless of whether the original 4 are there at the end or not. Hammer Station and Athiss are two examples where you have to go back to the terminal.

...and that's all it took for me to realize that I won't run another Flashpoint on another character again.

Oh, look, it's this bit of hyperbole again. Sometimes is can be challenging to do a tactical, but most of the time, it's fine (unless it's Blood Hunt and occasionally Cademimu and Manaan). Just communicate.

Not at all hyperbole. I will literally not bother to even attempt a flashpoint on any character who is under level 50 until this is fixed. Dropping some kolto stations near boss fights just isn't enough tuning for a flashpoint that was originally designed around the classic trinity.

The first time I queued up for a flashpoint under the new system, I couldn't figure out why there were no healers or tanks, and it was a long, painful slog. We did it, but in retrospect I had way better uses for my time. The second time I did it, I had just forgotten... and it was Hammer Station, and it was beyond painful.

Never again.

Your insipid need to aggressively dismiss anyone's viewpoint not withstanding, this was a terrible change. It has wrecked Lowbie Flashpoints beyond redemption. "oh, it's hyperbole!" ... except when it's the unvarnished truth.

Not at all hyperbole. I will literally not bother to even attempt a flashpoint on any character who is under level 50 until this is fixed.

hell until upward level sync is outright removed

I will not do a flashpoint through GF unless with a fully premade group

3.5 hours in Taral V (only to get so annoyed I quit group because a level 20 shadow couldnt survive the opening gernade attack of final boss, so she was screaming about how was my job to cleanse her.....my reply was "ITS A $#%@$^ GERNADE, THERE IS NOTHING TO CLEANSE, USE YOUR DEFENSIVE COOL DOWNS, USE A HEALING TERMINAL, AND JUST SURVIVE HIS OPENING VOLLEY")

That was final straw for me.

Will not do any GF content with PUG groups going forward

And Im far far far from alone in feeling that way

Yup, fact is all of the original Bioware folks are long gone now.

This version of Bioware is just EA employees transfered to that division.

People insisting on talking about them as something seperate and different then EA are completely lost on the facts.

Bioware stopped being Bioware the day the Doctors and all the original staff left.

This new version of Bioware is just EA doing what EA has always done.

Buy a company and then change everything in it

and then wonder why the original loyalty to the original product no longer there

We saw it with Westwood studio

and we seen it with all the other companies EA bought out.

There is no Bioware anymore beyond a meaningless name

Its all EA, plain and simple.

And anyone claiming different is either uninformed or just in denial.

Edited by Kalfear

The problem is there are too many DPS classes, and the game will queue you with anything. Four DPS cannot complete this. Just not possible.

... I hate to say it but I've been in all-DPS groups for these tacticals. And they've beaten them. So... sure it's not the skill of the other players within the groups you've run that aren't the culprits?

... I hate to say it but I've been in all-DPS groups for these tacticals. And they've beaten them. So... sure it's not the skill of the other players within the groups you've run that aren't the culprits?

And it could be a case of none of the DPS clicking on the Kolto tanks, in which case wiping would be the obvious outcome. Really, with Tacticals everyone is able to heal with them so theres far less of an excuse for wipes due to no heals not happening since anyone can click a tank. Even the highest levels DPS in the group should just click it if no one else is to stop horrible deaths happening. No excuses.

I think tacticals are brilliant since it went for seeking for a group every night for a week without a bite, to actually getting runs in relatively short order.

Thx for the *****y tone...I'm a founder been here since beta so I know all that tyvm.

How about focus on what i said in the OP. They have changed the quest parameters, if only one member of the original team quits, your whole group are SOL.

hell until upward level sync is outright removed

I will not do a flashpoint through GF unless with a fully premade group

3.5 hours in Taral V (only to get so annoyed I quit group because a level 20 shadow couldnt survive the opening gernade attack of final boss, so she was screaming about how was my job to cleanse her.....my reply was "ITS A $#%@$^ GERNADE, THERE IS NOTHING TO CLEANSE, USE YOUR DEFENSIVE COOL DOWNS, USE A HEALING TERMINAL, AND JUST SURVIVE HIS OPENING VOLLEY")

That was final straw for me.

There's a very hard-hitting DoT with grenade icon in that fight that can be cleansed, makes the fight a lot easier if you do. Aside from cleanse or hitting heal station right then, it's gonna be awfully tough to "just survive" that one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.