To sorc...or not to sorc.

VixenRawR

Got to love how that is pretty much your only option now.

OP: "I really like playing this class, but since meticulous kept blades surge (Crit now) has been nerfed I barely do any burst.

Sorc: "But ops stun lock."

Op: "I only have 1 hard stun."

Sorc: "But you have mind trap and flashbang."

Op: "You have whirlwind, and bubble stun, knockback root."

Sorc: "You have severe tendon."

Op: ......

Sorc: "Oh and don't get me started on Kolto Probe...how fair is that?"

Op: "I'm lucky to get a 2k crit, you have resurgence, bubble, and dark heal that is spammable thanks to your endless pool of force and it crits over 12k. Plus barrier that can heal with bastion."

Sorc: "Barrier is a self stun...I am immobilized...I'd hardly count that as a real ability. You can use Kolto Infusion which heals you."

Op: "It has a cooldown...and requires a tactical advantage, unless I am dot spec then I can instant cast with roll."

Sorc: "Roll...how overpowered..."

Op: "Roots make me it useless...and the roll bug is still in affect since 2.0...You can phase walk..."

Sorc: "It doesn't give me bastion...yet. (Insider info?)

Op: "Your heal spec is so much better."

Sorc: "You have more mobility and instant casts, it's not fair."

Op: "Only my two hots and surgical probe (With TA) are instant cast. You can cast bubble, resurgence, roaming mend, Innervate can be channeled with utility which procs instant cast revivification which leads to instant cast dark heal."

Sorc: "I have light armor."

Op: "....that really matters?"

Sorc: "Of course, I am squishy...I need more cooldowns...mobile barrier would be nice. Healing in barrier (Just on self of course...it would be unfair to heal others...Ill get back to that).

Op: "You are so F***ing op!"

Sorc: "No you are!"

AP PT: *Ahem*

Edited by VixenRawR

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Op: "I'm lucky to get a 2k crit, you have resurgence, bubble, and dark heal that is spammable thanks to your endless pool of force and it crits over 12k. Plus barrier that can heal with bastion."

Op: "Only my two hots and surgical probe (With TA) are instant cast. You can cast bubble, resurgence, roaming mend, Innervate can be channeled with utility which procs instant cast revivification which leads to instant cast dark heal."

I can haz 3 heroic utilities?! :jawa_confused:

Got to love how that is pretty much your only option now.

OP: "I really like playing this class, but since meticulous kept blades surge (Crit now) has been nerfed I barely do any burst.

Sorc: "But ops stun lock."

Op: "I only have 1 hard stun."

Sorc: "But you have mind trap and flashbang."

Sorc: "You have severe tendon."

Op: ......

Sorc: "Oh and don't get me started on Kolto Probe...how fair is that?"

Sorc: "Barrier is a self stun...I am immobilized...I'd hardly count that as a real ability. You can use Kolto Infusion which heals you."

Op: "It has a cooldown...and requires a tactical advantage, unless I am dot spec then I can instant cast with roll."

Sorc: "Roll...how overpowered..."

Op: "Roots make me it useless...and the roll bug is still in affect since 2.0...You can phase walk..."

Sorc: "It doesn't give me bastion...yet. (Insider info?)

Op: "Your heal spec is so much better."

Sorc: "You have more mobility and instant casts, it's not fair."

Sorc: "I have light armor."

Op: "....that really matters?"

Sorc: "Of course, I am squishy...I need more cooldowns...mobile barrier would be nice. Healing in barrier (Just on self of course...it would be unfair to heal others...Ill get back to that).

Op: "You are so F***ing op!"

Sorc: "No you are!"

AP PT: *Ahem*

nice... Now I really want to see this same type of discussion between a healing merc and a healing sorc. :D

OP biased.

Please note that Op has superior AoE heals, and merc has slightly-superior burst heals. Op can also channel Diag Scan on the move, and Recuperative Nanotech is instant too. Funny how he didn't mention that.

Also don't forget the fact that if you are in Lethality, you basically spam heal and are a pain in the shebs to kill or kite, and in that other one, you are basically purging all the DOTs at your disposal.

Sorcs have phase walk? Ops have holotraverse.

What was that? Bubble stun, root on wave, softstun, hardstun, 1 slow, 1 slow with utility? Surprise - utilities have a cap. Can't take H2Full, Force Mobility + bubblestun, for instance. Have to lose out on one, but since we are measuring sausages....

Scrapper/concealment: 1x stealth sap, 1 8s softstun, 1x 4s hardstun. Slow, that gives you a tactical advantage. 2x roots. Hm, I like that.

And lets also not forget Stealth. I.e. "Meh, I don't like this fight. See ya"

OP biased.

Please note that Op has superior AoE heals, and merc has slightly-superior burst heals. Op can also channel Diag Scan on the move, and Recuperative Nanotech is instant too. Funny how he didn't mention that.

Also don't forget the fact that if you are in Lethality, you basically spam heal and are a pain in the shebs to kill or kite, and in that other one, you are basically purging all the DOTs at your disposal.

What was that? Bubble stun, root on wave, softstun, hardstun, 1 slow, 1 slow with utility? Surprise - utilities have a cap. Can't take H2Full, Force Mobility + bubblestun, for instance. Have to lose out on one, but since we are measuring sausages....

Scrapper/concealment: 1x stealth sap, 1 8s softstun, 1x 4s hardstun. Slow, that gives you a tactical advantage. 2x roots. Hm, I like that.

That was a mouthful, but are you seriously saying op heals is comparable to sorc heals?

OP biased.

Merc gets honorable mention with, "slightly superior burst heals". :rolleyes: Really? Maybe 3.0 they did but I would take my sage healer over the merc in every situation, period.

The only way I would say my merc can muster out better burst healing than my sage would be if I chose the utility that grants 2x instant cast on abilities (which has a 45 sec cooldown), but I can't get that with merc healer I need the defensive utilities.

Oh, and that diag scan on the move for ops, are you seriously mentioning that as if that is some kind of perk? That ability is useless whether you stand still or do it on the move.

Lethality ops has one good thing you mention going for them, they can kite and stay alive. That's ALL they can do though. They are awful with dot-spread, they are awful with burst damage, they are just awful generally speaking.

You are in denial if you think sage/sorc healers are fine right now.

know what since everyone keeps complaining nonstop, Bioware should just nerf the crud out of everypone, just nerf everyone down to 1 hp, and all their attacks and heals do 1 damage 1 heal, and that's it, let it be hello kitty island where every class has no differences whatsoever, where rotation is pointless and thinking of a way to take down an enemy is unneeded, you just gotta hit them once and yay you're rewarded.

OP biased.

Yeah except a sorc rains havoc down on everyone destroying them as dps, saving everyone with massive burst and insta cast healing...almost next to impossible to corner and kill...and when you finally do...barrier (Heals you 75% with utility...that everyone takes...oh and bastion) and if they manage to get you down more...phase 60m out of line of site and spam heal to full as dps or heals in a matter of 3-4 gcds...8 seconds later they are full on life and back in the fight. Ops have stealth and roll...but that literally leaves them doing nothing for a long period of time as they roll about trying to live. Stealth...running away then healing...spends way more time than the phase heal and back in combat in way less time. These utilities support sorc so well that they can't die while at the same time doing twice the dps/hps that ops will ever dream of. I get deathfields close to 20k...my op is crying to hit 12k backstabs on a good day.

know what since everyone keeps complaining nonstop, Bioware should just nerf the crud out of everypone, just nerf everyone down to 1 hp, and all their attacks and heals do 1 damage 1 heal, and that's it, let it be hello kitty island where every class has no differences whatsoever, where rotation is pointless and thinking of a way to take down an enemy is unneeded, you just gotta hit them once and yay you're rewarded.

Yeah that could work...until sorc pop their bubble and absorbs 15k dmg lol.

In Regs EVERYTHING is good right now. If you don't think so then it is ignorance, bias, and/or l2p.

In yolo, sorc healer is obviously better. However op dps and sorc dps are both very viable. If your prob is with the dps side then look to my 2nd sentence for your reason(s).

In team ranked, yes, sorc healer is again better. However, dps both have some issues this season. There are other classes I would rather bring for dps than OP or Sorc.

So, I think you are just ignorant, bias, and/or need to l2p.

Edited by DarthRaika

In Regs EVERYTHING is good right now. If you don't think so then it is ignorance, bias, and/or l2p.

In yolo, sorc healer is obviously better. However op dps and sorc dps are both very viable. If your prob is with the dps side then look to my 2nd sentence for your reason(s).

In team ranked, yes, sorc healer is again better. However, dps both have some issues this season. There are other classes I would rather bring for dps than OP or Sorc.

So, I think you are just ignorant, bias, and/or need to l2p.

So basically you said sorc is better at everything. Lol learn to play is not the issue. I play every class and have since launch. Unless I am on my sin, or pt and even jugg the majority of classes fall apart unless the teams are just terrible. If you took a team of your own clones and threw it against a pile of sorc/sin/pt and the other team was mara/merc/ops ...it's obviously who'd win.

So basically you said sorc is better at everything. Lol learn to play is not the issue. I play every class and have since launch. Unless I am on my sin, or pt and even jugg the majority of classes fall apart unless the teams are just terrible. If you took a team of your own clones and threw it against a pile of sorc/sin/pt and the other team was mara/merc/ops ...it's obviously who'd win.

Um... mara is actually very strong in regs and team ranked in 4.0, and it's decent/good in solo queue.

Op is actually going to fair very well in 8's, concealment is still one of the best specs in small fights and is decent/good in the mid fight.; op healing would actually do very well against madness sorcs, their potential hps is higher than sorcs and dot spread classes work to their advantages.

Merc dps is also great in regs, if you're actually struggling with merc dps in regs that is either a match making issue or a learn to play issue.

Jugg dps is very strong in regs, decent/good in solo, and is skipped over in four's because most people who can play jugg competently can also play mara, and mara is considered better.

Sniper is fotm in 4.0, MM is one of the strongest reg and team ranked specs in the game, and a decent enginerring sniper will wreck havoc in regs; the class still suffers from being dog piled in solo queue but the DCD reset combined with the insane burst definitely helps.

Frankly, the only true disadvantage I see in your scenario is that the mara/op/mando team has no tank AC's and the the sin/pt/sorc has two, the guard/taunts would be a large advantage (as well as trauma spread if one of the tank ac's is actually in tank spec).

I said "sorc healer" and "ranked". In Regs all healers are fine. In ranked sorc healers are better and the other two could use some slight buffs.

However, dps wise, sorc dps is in a good spot but not overpowered. I can do as well or better on all of my other classes in regs and on most of them in ranked.

If your only problem is with sorc healer in solo and team ranked then that is understandable. If your problem deals with Sorcs (healer or dps) in regs OR if your problem is with sorc dps in ranked then it is a L2P issue as sorc is not overpowered in these situations.

Edited by DarthRaika

I thought you were talking about sorc healers, which would be understandable but then came this:

I think you tried way to hard. Considering I am talking about "heals" in that section...and sorc in general.

I am afraid if you have issues with dps sorcs and especially on an operative then it is a l2p issue here. Even your arguments shout l2p. Eg.

Yeah that could work...until sorc pop their bubble and absorbs 15k dmg lol.

Cause operative don't have roll and evasion which happen to be in cds that are nowhere near the cd of barrier.

I think you tried way to hard. Considering I am talking about "heals" in that section...and sorc in general.

I tried too hard...right.

You are still talking about some mythical sorcerer who has bubblestun, heal barrier, and mobility. Heck I'm surprised you didn't add in insta-whirlwind for good measure. There's plenty to complain about with healing sorcerers right now. DPS not so much. But you don't have to make up stuff to support your argument.

Not that it matters anyway, the devs seem not to care anymore about anything other than the solo story.

Nice job. Anything over 3k hps on merc is great.

However. A decent sorc can pull 3k hps without breaking a sweat. It's pretty common to pull 5k-5.5K hps on sorcs, I see it frequently in regs.

I do not see a merc healer frequently in regs, let alone consistently pulling over 5k hps in lengthy reg matches. If mercs did, you'd see them in the warzones healing and, you don't.

What you do see is lots of healing sorcs and there's a reason for that. :D

Edited by Lhancelot

I always waited for a thread like this to post my 2cents oh goody!

I have played all healing classes at this point and I will say currently Sorcs have NOTHING to complain about, nothing. If they are complaining the Sorc is bad.

Why? Let's look at the abilities alittle closer. I'm considering for this part that this is 4v4 battle just to keep the data even.

Static Barrier vs. Kolto Probe.

4 GCDs Vs. 8 GCDs to start up. Kolto Probes is extremely more different to keep up and maintain if you get cced at the wrong time and have your HoTs drop you just lost 40% of all your healing and have to spend 8 GCDs to get your healing back to normal. All sorcs need to do is, oh no static barrier debuff? Cast Static Barrier.

Currently also burst is meta not cleave so Static Barrier is preforming much better within this current meta but yes I will agree with some miracle that you manage to somehow keep 2 hots on 4 targets without having to waste GCDs refreshing it will have more sustained HPS.

Force Barrier vs. Stealth out.

Not even comparable. Force Barrier is 100% immunity from damage, you will always surivve once you popped. To make Stealth out at all useful is to pair it with another one of my DCDs Evasion. If Evasion is down Stealth out will probably in a lot of siutations not work or we will be killed anyways. EVEN WITH Stealth -> Evasion we can still be killed: Projectile damage, stealth scan, and pushback/AoE. While the only thing you need to worry about with a Sorc is that you popped Force barrier in time.

ALSO Force Barrier let's you be uninterupted for the next heal when coming out and how OP sorcs at at his moment can burst heal themselves to full right out of barrier. If an Operatives survivves stealth out we have to roll away, LoS heal yourselves up then run back into combat to heal our group if they aren't dead already.

Roaming Mend vs. Kolto Wave.

Roaming Mend is by far the best effective AoE healing ability in the game. Paired with other Sorc cds and their HoT it can also function differently depending on the situation (wow that's something I would love to have on my OP). Not to mention it has a bigger range while also be able to jump to the same target multiple times, Instant cast and can crit heal someone for an insane amount WHILE THE WHOLE TIME ON THE MOVE.

Kolto Wave? Lol. Yeah it can have more effective HPS if people stand in 1 spot of it's minimum range which never happens and can be easily interrupted.

Phase Walk vs Holotraverse.

Phase Walk > Holotraverse. Why? For Phase Walk you put it in a place where you know you can escape from combat safely while Holo is super situation. Holo relies on the positioning of enemy players and friendlys to be effective. If everyone in your range is grouped up you can't even use it as an 'escape' because you would be teleporting 3 feet in front of you. Phase Walk is by far superior as an escape because of the be ability to LoS the whole group who focus firing and teleport way out of combat range. NOT TO MENTION ALSO HOLO IS EXTREMELY BUGGY AND HALF THE TIME DOESN"T EVEN WORK PROPERLY.

Force Speed vs. Roll

Roll is still buggy as hell and preforms less effectively then Force Speed in combat. Force Speed you are able to swiftly go any direction and around corners. All we can do with roll is roll twice in the same direction while also trying to avoid obstacles like rocks that might make it worthless. As an Operative I rather want Force Speed then roll. Not to mention roll bug still around and also with server lag clicking roll once might make you double roll so you cant even stagger the ability (happens all the time for me).

Sorcs abilities are extremely less forgiving when it comes to force management as well as being interrupted. I could go on and on but it's pretty clear what class is superior currently while also being extremely easy to play.

Edited by kissingaiur

I always waited for a thread like this to post my 2cents oh goody!

I have played all healing classes at this point and I will say currently Sorcs have NOTHING to complain about, nothing. If they are complaining the Sorc is bad.

Why? Let's look at the abilities alittle closer. I'm considering for this part that this is 4v4 battle just to keep the data even.

Static Barrier vs. Kolto Probe.

4 GCDs Vs. 8 GCDs to start up. Kolto Probes is extremely more different to keep up and maintain if you get cced at the wrong time and have your HoTs drop you just lost 40% of all your healing and have to spend 8 GCDs to get your healing back to normal. All sorcs need to do is, oh no static barrier debuff? Cast Static Barrier.

Currently also burst is meta not cleave so Static Barrier is preforming much better within this current meta but yes I will agree with some miracle that you manage to somehow keep 2 hots on 4 targets without having to waste GCDs refreshing it will have more sustained HPS.

Force Barrier vs. Stealth out.

Not even comparable. Force Barrier is 100% immunity from damage, you will always surivve once you popped. To make Stealth out at all useful is to pair it with another one of my DCDs Evasion. If Evasion is down Stealth out will probably in a lot of siutations not work or we will be killed anyways. EVEN WITH Stealth -> Evasion we can still be killed: Projectile damage, stealth scan, and pushback/AoE. While the only thing you need to worry about with a Sorc is that you popped Force barrier in time.

ALSO Force Barrier let's you be uninterupted for the next heal when coming out and how OP sorcs at at his moment can burst heal themselves to full right out of barrier. If an Operatives survivves stealth out we have to roll away, LoS heal yourselves up then run back into combat to heal our group if they aren't dead already.

Roaming Mend vs. Kolto Wave.

Roaming Mend is by far the best effective AoE healing ability in the game. Paired with other Sorc cds and their HoT it can also function differently depending on the situation (wow that's something I would love to have on my OP). Not to mention it has a bigger range while also be able to jump to the same target multiple times, Instant cast and can crit heal someone for an insane amount WHILE THE WHOLE TIME ON THE MOVE.

Kolto Wave? Lol. Yeah it can have more effective HPS if people stand in 1 spot of it's minimum range which never happens and can be easily interrupted.

Phase Walk vs Holotraverse.

Phase Walk > Holotraverse. Why? For Phase Walk you put it in a place where you know you can escape from combat safely while Holo is super situation. Holo relies on the positioning of enemy players and friendlys to be effective. If everyone in your range is grouped up you can't even use it as an 'escape' because you would be teleporting 3 feet in front of you. Phase Walk is by far superior as an escape because of the be ability to LoS the whole group who focus firing and teleport way out of combat range. NOT TO MENTION ALSO HOLO IS EXTREMELY BUGGY AND HALF THE TIME DOESN"T EVEN WORK PROPERLY.

Force Speed vs. Roll

Roll is still buggy as hell and preforms less effectively then Force Speed in combat. Force Speed you are able to swiftly go any direction and around corners. All we can do with roll is roll twice in the same direction while also trying to avoid obstacles like rocks that might make it worthless. As an Operative I rather want Force Speed then roll. Not to mention roll bug still around and also with server lag clicking roll once might make you double roll so you cant even stagger the ability (happens all the time for me).

Sorcs abilities are extremely less forgiving when it comes to force management as well as being interrupted. I could go on and on but it's pretty clear what class is superior currently while also being extremely easy to play, Sorc.

Exactly.

Operative Healer.

This is why I am an average ops healer I simply have a lot of trouble focusing my HoTs on 4 static targets and managing to keep myself up, burst heal others who may need it, and then continue keeping my HoTs rolling I ALWAYS end up having to re-apply my HoTs. I suck at it. Those who can manage the class well have a high ceiling they can reach but the work to get to that ceiling is no cakewalk IMO. :D

Merc healer.

I do well on my commando healer I enjoy it, but it's under-powered and under-performing when I compare it to a sorc or an ops healer.

It doesn't matter how well I play this class, I never have gotten 5K HPS on my commando yet. It's harder to play than the sorc, and nets less healage for the effort put into it.

My opinion is this class takes work to play well, but it's ceiling is lower than the other two healers when it comes to possible healing output. It lacks healing punch and survivability particularly in 4v4s.

Sorc Healer.

The force management on this class is a breeze, you can basically throw heals for days and not run out. Oh, and if you do run out, you click click click power regen and after 4-5 clicks you are full again! Ohhh.... but you DO suffer from a force regen debuff so force regens slower! WHO CARES when you can just click your force back up to full anytime you need it!

As for the heals themselves, for all the reasons Hottie mentions, this class is the most simplistic, effective healer in the game bar none. No one can argue differently.

That's fine if one class is simpler to play, but if a class is going to enjoy never-ending force useage and have all the mobility and different god-like abilities (god bubble and a 60m ranged self portal of the sorcs own choice of destination), then they have to give something up.

Less healing output, less mobility, OR make force management an actual facet to this class. You cannot have all of these things and expect this class to not be over-performing.

Exactly.

Operative Healer.

This is why I am an average ops healer I simply have a lot of trouble focusing my HoTs on 4 static targets and managing to keep myself up, burst heal others who may need it, and then continue keeping my HoTs rolling I ALWAYS end up having to re-apply my HoTs. I suck at it. Those who can manage the class well have a high ceiling they can reach but the work to get to that ceiling is no cakewalk IMO. :D

Merc healer.

I do well on my commando healer I enjoy it, but it's under-powered and under-performing when I compare it to a sorc or an ops healer.

It doesn't matter how well I play this class, I never have gotten 5K HPS on my commando yet. It's harder to play than the sorc, and nets less healage for the effort put into it.

My opinion is this class takes work to play well, but it's ceiling is lower than the other two healers when it comes to possible healing output. It lacks healing punch and survivability particularly in 4v4s.

Sorc Healer.

The force management on this class is a breeze, you can basically throw heals for days and not run out. Oh, and if you do run out, you click click click power regen and after 4-5 clicks you are full again! Ohhh.... but you DO suffer from a force regen debuff so force regens slower! WHO CARES when you can just click your force back up to full anytime you need it!

As for the heals themselves, for all the reasons Hottie mentions, this class is the most simplistic, effective healer in the game bar none. No one can argue differently.

That's fine if one class is simpler to play, but if a class is going to enjoy never-ending force useage and have all the mobility and different god-like abilities (god bubble and a 60m ranged self portal of the sorcs own choice of destination), then they have to give something up.

Less healing output, less mobility, OR make force management an actual facet to this class. You cannot have all of these things and expect this class to not be over-performing.

I have never gotten 5k+ HPS on my merc yet but ill tell you this I have gotten 4.3k HPS and it was HELL. It was so freakin' hard and I was overheated half the time. Getting 4K on the other classes is easy as **** and no challenge. PvP Merc healing is just so terrible I can't event begin to express how bad it is. No words.