More than an hour spent in Blood Hunt

Warlocc

Queued for a random tactical today, and got Blood Hunt.

Had no problems until we got to the Mandalorian Champions, the Beroyas.

It absolutely made me wish I had my tank character. One of our DPS switched to tank spec, but was so terrible at it, it actually made things worse.

After wiping for roughly an hour, we gave up.

How did Bioware think that by simply putting a bunch of kolto stations in that this would work?

How did Bioware think that by simply putting a bunch of kolto stations in that this would work?

Pretty sure this is more the fault of the players thinking that they're supposed to rely solely on the kolto stations for healing than BioWare's. Healing specs exist for a reason.

fight is fine, flashpoint is fine, players, however, plainly suck.

I had tactical group for that flashpoint, and some of them halted at this boss, i can clearly tell the problem was the DPS. The first phase to bring both enemy, separatly to 50, took ages, literraly ages.

How can level 65 have such abysmal DPS is beyond me, it's like they aren't using anything beside basic attack. Flashpoint is not tuned, and should not be tuned, for such terrible players.

Bioware should consider to implement Proving Grounds for flashpoint. WoW players know what i'm talking about.

Edited by Vankris

That brother/sister fight in Blood Hunt with four DPS is far and away the most difficult tactical I've done since 4.0. Unless all four DPS know what they're doing and you're aggressive about using the healing stations, it's tough. It's also easier if one person can respec to tank. Edited by KevWanCarib

Yeah blood hunt is problematic. Even as HM flashpoint when all roles are there,people either quit once they see what the group finder brought upon them or groups enrage on first boss.

Could only clear it with 1(one) pug group.

Something is very wrong with fine-tuning.

Pretty sure this is more the fault of the players thinking that they're supposed to rely solely on the kolto stations for healing than BioWare's. Healing specs exist for a reason.

I'm inclined to agree with you, because I think that tacticals are the absolute worst thing that BioWare has ever implemented in this game, but that's not really the point.

Tacticals are meant to be done without requiring the trinity, and by any combination of specs/roles.

As much as I hate tacticals, if BioWare is going to call a flashpoint tactical, then it should truly be tactical.

Tactical Flashpoint means the system can put 4 DPS with zero healing capability together.

Before, while we could queue for 50HM at 55 and maybe also when we could queue for 55HM at 60 (not sure if I queued up as much during the 60 cap), that experience actually felt most comparable to a KDY run.

Essentially, it feels to me like the KDY-style tactical scaling model is to scale enemies for around 5 under what the players will be. (They're labeled at the same level as each other, but the scaling felt like the enemies were at a lower level.) That's what makes for content that feels doable without a proper group composition / content that feels forgiving of mistakes.

To be honest, I haven't queued up much recently yet so I'm going more on what other people are making it sound like here, but it sounds like tacticals in 4.0 are scaled for players at cap instead of scaling for 5 below cap. That's probably why people are feeling like it would be better with a standard group.

My experience with 4.0 tacticals so far actually didn't go too bad though. It was Mandalorian Raiders. I think the lowest in the group was around 30. We had 3 DPS and a healer. I was a Marauder. One of the other DPS charged in and got things started while the last DPS was still loading in so the beginning was rough (respawn, run back to fight). Nothing too crazy after that. At the last boss the late-entry DPS went in first and took up tank position for that fight (had him facing the console), then the boss locked onto me while we all killed the adds so I took up tank position for the rest of the fight.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

That fight is just the WORST, even in solo mode with Jesus Droid. I all around hate, HATE that flashpoint :mad:

I 100% agree with this sentiment. Only done it once, so far, on my Knight - but the thought of having to do it again on other characters makes my blood run cold.

I preferred it when Flashpoints were all Optional - but Shadow of Revan is nearly all made up of linked Flashpoints which are mandatory for the story ...

I don't mind the Alliance H2 grind, as I can choose which ones to do and which ones not to do (looking at you 'Possessed Hunter' and 'Mutations') - it's some of these exterior (non-Instanced) H2's that make me wish I was on a low pop server. 100+ players all fighting to kill the same mobs with Horrendous respawn timers is NOT my idea of fun :mad:

The biggest problem with the fight has nothing to do with skill, really. Especially if you're running it solo mode, which most people looking to progress through SoR are doing.

The biggest problem with that fight is the droid or your companion bugging out or getting KB'd off the ledge.

I've done that fight more times than I can care to remember, and every time I do it, I'm just waiting for that to happen. Then the mandos bug out and the fight resets. Did it the other night. I had to restart it, literally, a dozen times - And not because I died. Technically, it isn't a difficult fight, and as we all know, the GSI droid can solo it anyway.

No, I had to restart it because every single damn time the mandos switched, either the GSI droid or my companion (sometimes both, LOL) would leap up onto the ledge to follow the one that was ducking out of the fight, then the fight would glitch and immediately reset me.

Tried it with a companion. Without a companion. With the companion in all 3 different modes. Setting the companion to passive at relevant points during the fight.

It's more luck than skill that gets you through that fight, and it's not about dying. It's about the stupid glitching. BW really need to slap an "don't follow the mandos to the ledge" bit of custom code into there.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

The biggest problem with the fight has nothing to do with skill, really. Especially if you're running it solo mode, which most people looking to progress through SoR are doing.

The biggest problem with that fight is the droid or your companion bugging out or getting KB'd off the ledge.

I've done that fight more times than I can care to remember, and every time I do it, I'm just waiting for that to happen. Then the mandos bug out and the fight resets. Did it the other night. I had to restart it, literally, a dozen times - And not because I died. Technically, it isn't a difficult fight, and as we all know, the GSI droid can solo it anyway.

No, I had to restart it because every single damn time the mandos switched, either the GSI droid or my companion (sometimes both, LOL) would leap up onto the ledge to follow the one that was ducking out of the fight, then the fight would glitch and immediately reset me.

Tried it with a companion. Without a companion. With the companion in all 3 different modes. Setting the companion to passive at relevant points during the fight.

It's more luck than skill that gets you through that fight, and it's not about dying. It's about the stupid glitching. BW really need to slap an "don't follow the mandos to the ledge" bit of custom code into there.

The red part LMAO They said they fixed that it 3. something but ya that is frustrating, companion and droid jumped up there I know not how many time when I was doing that with my healer cant heal them cant fight the mandos both die Sigh

It absolutely made me wish I had my tank character. One of our DPS switched to tank spec, but was so terrible at it, it actually made things worse.

You tried for an hour? I try once if it's with people who clearly don't know what they are doing.

That brother/sister fight

If they are brother and sister, Mandos apparently encourage incest. Just like the Lannisters.

What? You trolling or do you just not know what, in theory, a tactical mode FP is?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Uhm, no. I've been in there as healer and it still sucks the shaft. I can keep everyone alive until I get knocked off the platform. Every damn time.

Doesn't help that it runs in nearly slideshow mode on my computer. Nothing else is even a quarter that bad.

Blood Hunt just sucks. If I get it again I'll likely just drop.

it's easy to avoid to be knocked off the platorm, just make sure you are not fighting on the edge or face the plateform, not the edge, to be bump towards the middle of the plateform.

Beeing knocked down in this fight is pure by luck when you have to use healing stations. I have been knocked only when i had to run to healing station or tanking person would die if i wait after she use her knocking ability. Tell me how can i avoid that with skill?

The least they could do would be place healing stations much closer to the middle. It would help a lot.

Edited by ShawDou

I 100% agree with this sentiment. Only done it once, so far, on my Knight - but the thought of having to do it again on other characters makes my blood run cold.

I preferred it when Flashpoints were all Optional - but Shadow of Revan is nearly all made up of linked Flashpoints which are mandatory for the story ...

I don't mind the Alliance H2 grind, as I can choose which ones to do and which ones not to do (looking at you 'Possessed Hunter' and 'Mutations') - it's some of these exterior (non-Instanced) H2's that make me wish I was on a low pop server. 100+ players all fighting to kill the same mobs with Horrendous respawn timers is NOT my idea of fun :mad:

This. I've only run it with my scoundrel so far. I would never run it again if it was up to me. It was rough.

It would have helped if the Kolto Stations were not at the edge of the platform. Since one of the enemies is inclined to randomly switch targets, use leaps from and distance and use pushbacks, you will eventually be pushed down if you keep clicking those terminals.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

fight is fine, flashpoint is fine, players, however, plainly suck.

I had tactical group for that flashpoint, and some of them halted at this boss, i can clearly tell the problem was the DPS. The first phase to bring both enemy, separatly to 50, took ages, literraly ages.

How can level 65 have such abysmal DPS is beyond me, it's like they aren't using anything beside basic attack. Flashpoint is not tuned, and should not be tuned, for such terrible players.

Bioware should consider to implement Proving Grounds for flashpoint. WoW players know what i'm talking about.

You can than the companion buffs for that, a whole lot if people playing are being trained by their companions to disregard their skill rotations and defensive cooldowns because it doesn't matter if they play their class' mechanics properly or not they are going to win every time even if they only use 4 of their 20some skills, or just click anything that isn't on cooldown. - Even if they are resourveful enough to read the skill tooltips on their specialization tree, we don't really get an chance in open world content to use the rotations or defensives because the companion takes care of the situation long before we need to react.

Playing open world content IS your 'proving grounds' that prepares players for playing in group content in the progression of difficulty. Naturally tactical flashpoints lead to HM, and learning how to be successful in HM would prepare you for Ops. 4.0x has completely removed the 'training' for entry level group content.

To make things even more interesting, there seems to be an idea in TFP's that one person needs to man the kolto stations as if they were some kind of healing cannon.

Edited by PulseRazor