[1.0.1] Warzone completion rewards have been decreased

Wraithstrike

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is actually really disappointing, as i play Republic on a server with a pretty small republic pop. It's pretty rare that we actually win, and now we're going to be getting less rewards. does Bioware want to just scare the losing faction away from PvP entirely?

Its a fine idea if the following were implimented : seperate que for premade vs solo players, allow up to 8 in a premade team, and put in restrictions on the level 50s, that they only play other level 50s.

As it stands now, all it will do is give more incentive to high level players to play, while low level players will just not que up.

Well, you've all read the patchnotes, and today's the big day. What do you think of this change? Will it encourage teamplay, or will it merely encourage premades?

Personally, I think PuGs will have a hard time now. I for one know I will be rolling with a premade.

they are decreaseing warzone rewards are they that stupid. people barely endure the crap as it is now they are gonna get less for it LOL wow seriosly lmao.

people are gonna be like *i get jack of a reward now for getting face rolled by 50's im not even going to bother*

well done bioware i can see this game failing if they carry on.

I guess BW doesn't keep track of when other MMOs tried something and it failed and they had to go back and reverse it. This has NEVER worked in any MMO. If one side is constantly losing, punishing them is not going to make them play this mythical "harder" I see some simpletons saying. Research the history. Punish the losing team, they stop queuing, players complain there's no warzones popping. Anyone want to place real money on the wait time complaints hitting the forums within 5 days?

Edit

Did WAR do something like this? I remember in the first month or two they did something and all of a sudden the battlegrounds just died. My server lost it's population and was one of the first to be abolished some time later.

Edited by RedEnsign

What they really need to do is invest some server farms for warzone instances, hire a Blizzard techinician and tell him to reprogram the software architecture to allow CROSS-SERVER QUEUES. Its pretty dumb to just limit yourself as it currently is.

It is the medal system thats effed up big time. Players should be incentivised to work towards the mission objectives and not for various statistical milestones.

What should be there, but is not:

civil war:

- capturing points

- preventing ongoing captures

- kills/heal/shielding NEAR ENEMY points (offense score)

- kills/heal/shielding NEAR OWN points (defense score)

huttball:

- killing the ball carrier

- kills/heal/shielding NEAR the ball

- absolute field distance ran with the ball (throughout the match, incl. negative runs)

- successful passes

- points scored

voidstar:

- bomb planting / console hacking attempts

- successful bomb planting / console hacking

- preventing ongoing planting or hacking

- defuse attempts

- successfully defusing the bomb

- preventing others from defusing the bomb

What no one cares about and still is in:

pretty much every medal currently in the warzone system. They are misguided, pointless and cause the players to play the wrong way as the incentivise bad play by promoting stat wh'ring.

The most prominent ones:

- final blow

- solo kill

- 10 kill mark

- 25 kill mark

- 75k damage mark

- 75k heal mark

Idiotic decision, this should have been done back when people exploiting the lack of players was actually a problem, now theres enough people queuing that it dosnt happen anymore... now all it does is punish the people who do play.. god knows its difficult enough to get the 800 commendations needed for a champions bag..

Also Mikelite 2200 in one day.. that would be a average of 32 matches which would again be 32 x 15 = 480 mins aka 8 hours I would say that is only a fair amount of commendations for sitting infront of your pc for the better part of the day.

Edited by Munx

Wait, what? Patch notes say this:

• Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased.
  • Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.

So... you get more from winning and less from losing?

..... good?

I don't see the problem.

When the game is a cc spam fest, losing can be frustrating enough, without getting considerably less for your effort..

Glad I finally found myself a pre-made so pvp is alittle better for me as a marauder, but I know there are still marauders out there who have nightmares about warzones such as huttball because of theyr lack off cc..

I miss the good old mmo's that awarded you for participating rather then winning tbh..

I just hope these changes wont be massive, if winning now yields double the amount losing does, you will have gear imbalances between factions/pre-mades and alot of people will be turned of from pvp.

What they really need to do is invest some server farms for warzone instances, hire a Blizzard techinician and tell him to reprogram the software architecture to allow CROSS-SERVER QUEUES. Its pretty dumb to just limit yourself as it currently is.

cross server is the worst thing you could do. it basically will be wow and no one here wants that

Bad decision.

This ^^

It takes long enough to gain entry into warzones on the RP server as it was... now I expect longer waits, and I only do warzones for the experience, but the PVP is of course interesting. I am not interested in making alts to often because of redoing the same quest line over, over and over... pvp was my EXP gainer. This was a VERY horrible decision! I just hope the nerf stops here, if nothing else improve PVP don't hinder it for goodness sake.

Edited by Camthylion