BIG announcement for subs on Dec 1

KyaniteD

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the SWTOR Facebook page said it is Subscriber Awards. Kind of a let down but....whatever

Yeah, unsurprising. Here's what I feel safe saying I know, even with no insider knowledge:

#1 Rewards will be unimaginative and uninspired. After the survey - expect reskinned (and boring) mounts and pets.

#2 Rewards will not be retroactive. Must be a sub for x months to receive reward x - well, moving forward. We don't give a damn about the last 48 months you subbed.

#3 Rewards will break in the first month, and there will be an outpouring of whining on the forums from people who didn't get the rewards they didn't want in the first place.

#4 Rewards will be used as an excuse for devs to keep their fingers firmly in their ears about other major issues. "What's this? We made a story whose only value may be bringing alts through it, and then made the most alt-unfriendly xpac ever? Well, the Koreans love it, and did you know that if you just stayed subbed for nine more years you can get the exclusive white probe-droid pet?"

A decoration, GSF paint or cylinder ...

Whatever it is, it will not live up to the hype (because nothing ever lives up to its hype).

This team's biggest sin has always been its tendency to overhype something and then try to mitigate the disappointment that always comes when the reality doesn't live up to the hype.

I think it may not be subscriber rewards as we know it.

Normally with subscriber rewards it based on how long you have been subscribing, i.e.. 1 month this, 12 months this, 4 years this. Which is I think what most people are expecting, a reskined pet for every year or so.

However, with the announcement of Kotfe, the money people realized people wouldn't keep subing just to wait for the new content. So they offered unique and as it turns out crap stuff in place of content to keep people subscribing. Now it can't have escaped their notice that once again people have nothing to do expect wait on the next chapters. So rather than reward subscribers in general they will once again offer gear in place of content if you subscribe while waiting on the next chapters.

So for people that subscribe from the 1st of December to March 22nd (or so) they will get early access to chapter 10. Only as we have no idea when Chapter 10 was due to hit, it may well be this reward is chapter 10 being pushed back a week for every that doesn't subscribe during this time.

I think it may not be subscriber rewards as we know it.

Normally with subscriber rewards it based on how long you have been subscribing, i.e.. 1 month this, 12 months this, 4 years this. Which is I think what most people are expecting, a reskined pet for every year or so.

However, with the announcement of Kotfe, the money people realized people wouldn't keep subing just to wait for the new content. So they offered unique and as it turns out crap stuff in place of content to keep people subscribing. Now it can't have escaped their notice that once again people have nothing to do expect wait on the next chapters. So rather than reward subscribers in general they will once again offer gear in place of content if you subscribe while waiting on the next chapters.

So for people that subscribe from the 1st of December to March 22nd (or so) they will get early access to chapter 10. Only as we have no idea when Chapter 10 was due to hit, it may well be this reward is chapter 10 being pushed back a week for every that doesn't subscribe during this time.

January was the goal month for chapter10 and and a new chapter every month after that from my understanding. Could be wrong.

But even with that in mind that does seem likely everyone who subscribes a certain way gets access early, or they are pushing chapters back and releasing them in blocks now.

January was the goal month for chapter10 and and a new chapter every month after that from my understanding. Could be wrong.

But even with that in mind that does seem likely everyone who subscribes a certain way gets access early, or they are pushing chapters back and releasing them in blocks now.

"Early 2016" has been the goal for Chapter 10 and the monthly releases, I don't believe they've ever set a specific month (although I certainly hope they're shooting for January - this whole new model of 'stay subscribed in order to get the next chapters as they come out' is only going to be making its own job that much harder the longer the gap between KotFE and the start of the monthly releases).

Quote: Originally Posted by Narsikus

It's going to have to be something HUGE before I resub. I highly doubt they can make up for the companion nerf and lack of trust.

lolzz

Do you have any idea of how others perceive you, when you make these kind of replies?

Edited by CosmicCleric

After reading some of these.. I think perhaps some sort of continued veteran system type thing would be more likely.. like if you sub for consecutive months, your CC grant goes up each time for example, or other things like a stacking bonus of something that resets if you stop subbing (whining commence if this is true)