Marauder PvP Help

ripamorame

Been playing a marauder rolled it recently and i know lowbie pvp is not a accurate representation but do marauders get better getting insta gibbed in fights i understand that you're not supposed to win 2vs1 but i get 1 shot a lot i am currently level 30 how do you faire at 65? Looking at annihlation or carnage playing carnage currently.

First of all make sure every slot is filled for gear. This will ensure you get max bolster. I would level and PvP as fury until level 48. In fury spec it will ensure you have enough rage. Carnage doesn't really come into its own until 48 and kinda sucks at lower levels. As a marauder as a whole, you won't get a lot of the mobility until late levels so playing pvp as a low level Mara is going to suck. You really need a healer.

• 2 weeks later...
When they gave sins/shadows jump ability, not to mention a 30 meter stun, that was the final nail in the coffin for maras/sents. Those classes are so much more versatile, have better burst, more survivability. Not to mention what jugs/sents can do. Surprised anyone tries mara/sents anymore. Mine has been a crafting bot for over a year.

When they gave sins/shadows jump ability, not to mention a 30 meter stun, that was the final nail in the coffin for maras/sents. Those classes are so much more versatile, have better burst, more survivability. Not to mention what jugs/sents can do. Surprised anyone tries mara/sents anymore. Mine has been a crafting bot for over a year.

I'd have to slightly disagree with you on this. There is a niche for Maras, just a bit smaller than that of Sins or many other classes'.

Burst is good, not the greatest, but good. AoE mez, lots of immobilizes, trauma debuff/other debuffs (discipline dependant), potential for decent group hot. Predation is also awesome to use in 8v8 objective games, especially. Non stealth class with a 6s cloak every 45s is cool. Undying Rage is great. Mad Dash is like 1/2 an Op roll as well.

There's a lot of upsides to Maras, but it's very easy to overlook all of them.

To the OP, yes it gets better. Way better.

Edit: tbh i think anni is like the 2nd highest parsing spec in the game atm iirc

Edited by TitusOfTides

This makes me wonder if you have even tried to play the class since KotFE. Marauders perform incredibly well in Reg WZ's, and from what I've seen in solo ranked so far, it's quite good as well.

Been playing a marauder rolled it recently and i know lowbie pvp is not a accurate representation but do marauders get better getting insta gibbed in fights i understand that you're not supposed to win 2vs1 but i get 1 shot a lot i am currently level 30 how do you faire at 65? Looking at annihlation or carnage playing carnage currently.

Hi there.

I have a level 65 Carnage marauder and yes... it gets a whole lot better, with a healer in the group you become a wrecking ball on speed.

I also have a lvl29 marauder coz i love low level PvP.

My advice is to play Fury at low levels and choose your targets carefully, as Fury at lower levels you can easily take down Sorc's and any melee classes, i just stay clear of the PT's/Vanguards unless they engage me. They take too long to kill while everyone else is taking pot shots at you.

First of all make sure every slot is filled for gear. This will ensure you get max bolster. I would level and PvP as fury until level 48. In fury spec it will ensure you have enough rage. Carnage doesn't really come into its own until 48 and kinda sucks at lower levels. As a marauder as a whole, you won't get a lot of the mobility until late levels so playing pvp as a low level Mara is going to suck. You really need a healer.

I have to second this. You aren't really going to see how awesome marauders are until he later levels. Having your 58 ability, unbound, vicious throw, etc really help bring the marauder to fruition. Marauders are an absolute blast in pvp. With practice, knowledge of how each spec works, knowledge of your cool downs, and other classes attack patterns you will be cruising before you know it. Don't give up on marauders. All three specs are loads of fun. My only regret with marauders was that I waited until 3.0 to get one to max level.

I've only done about 5 games so far at 65 and I'm not in full PvP gear as of yet. I was 2nd in damage my first game back and have been the top Sentinel/Marauder damage every game so far. We definitely feel stronger and more mobile, but still weak 1v1 in certain matchups. OFC those fights that stood out to me the most were against the best players on the server. :-/ So take it with a grain of salt.