What do you do when nobody uses the Auction House?

Amnolith

It definitely needs improvements. I was really surprised when I first saw it and realised how basic and limited it was. Like the UI, it's too clunky and restrictive - not good for encouraging players. Hopefully it will have some new features implemented soon. The 'sort' feature is just a total mess. And no search, one of the most useful functions? :confused:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not only that you need to know where every item is hidden...its that because of that people are unwilling to sell stuff on the market unless it is an expensive item or mat. Unless its purple why go through the pains of trying to sell it?

Again my point is that if I need certain mats that only certain players can provide and nobody is selling any on the auction house, how am I supposed to build the items I need to play?

You don t expect one to spend the whole day waiting and spamming /1 for mats do you?

The ah needs some work like being allowed to link item to search for and not being restricted to see things only you can use.

The search button should be first not requiring any selection options ,selection options should be to refine the search if wanted not needed. its annoying having underworld trading items i can get and no option to see them in ah becasue i havent got the needed crew skill.

For what it's worth, I found myself at level 25 with only 5,000 credits toward a 40,000 credit pilots license. Seems I had spent way too much money leveling Investigation.

However, I had a stack of 99 Carbo-Plas for I took a shot and put it on the market for 10,000 credits. Voila, it sold!! I put up about 7 other things (mostly crafting mats) and all but 3 of them sold.

The market works. The interface needs some serious help but the economy is alive and kicking.

This.

The current auction house interface... hell, the current interface in general is awful. All they had to do was copy and paste Rift's UI features into this game and call it a day. What they did with the UI is inexcusable and needs to be rectified sooner rather than later.

This.

works fine for me..i wanna sell something..i put it in...some minutes or even hours later someone buyd my stuff...happy..

what else you want?

Its not about the sell part... its about the buy part.

Selling means just dropping an item in a window box...you don t need to do any search. Buying on the other end is a pain in the sph!ncter so it is proportionally more difficult to buy than it is to sell.

Furthermore since most people do not know what price to sell something they are reluctant to sell something that could be worth a ton so they keep their items and recipes in their bank waiting until they understand the market.

Imagine if to sell you had to place the item in the right category first and had to use 2 drop downs to find the right place

People use the auction on The Razor, but we're spotty at best. Why? Most of our server doesn't craft. Apparently they use Slicing or make items in only a few qualities.

Ear pieces from Cybertech? (Maybe one of two sellers on the entire market which make high teens to low 20's gear.)

Implants from Biochem? (I finally saw my 1st piece ever on the auction last night. But 6k for a Green lvl 24 piece? Wow... And they're only selling one, which still makes it the only Implant on the entire market.)

Energy Crystals from Artificing? (You know things are bad when no one is selling anything beyond lvl 7 Green grades on the entire auction. It's even more sad when it inspires me to power level an alt's crafting and take over the market.)

I could keep going, but you get the picture. That's the state of my server. It sounds like things are similar on the servers of other people are well. It isn't that people don't use the Galactic Market because it's "difficult". They ignore it because it's a "waste of their time". If people want cash, they grind Black Talon and use Slicing. While I won't deny that the current version of the auction system isn't the easiest to use, that isn't the core issue that we're dealing with.

Edited by Roda

While Aion definitely had it's problems, I'd say it had the best UI of any MMO i've played hands down. Simple but not overly complex. The GTN is fine honestly they should be fixing other things like the voidstar map in the top right covering 3 keybinds without being able to hid it, and the laggy targeting. Oh, and maybe fix the ops frames so the healthbars actually update. Edited by Kanojo

Its not about the sell part... its about the buy part.

Selling means just dropping an item in a window box...you don t need to do any search. Buying on the other end is a pain in the sph!ncter so it is proportionally more difficult to buy than it is to sell.

Furthermore since most people do not know what price to sell something they are reluctant to sell something that could be worth a ton so they keep their items and recipes in their bank waiting until they understand the market.

Imagine if to sell you had to place the item in the right category first and had to use 2 drop downs to find the right place

You do need to search to price the item intelligently before selling it, really, so the problem is on both sides.

In general, the AH is terrible at the moment. I have managed to sell a couple of things, however. I suspect there are some market trader types buying up mispriced items and holding them to sell later with higher prices.

Yes, all they had to do was violate copyright lines and produce an exact copy of a design from another game. Great solution, lol.

Now, the GTN needs some work as far as the interface and the search options, no doubt, for the OP, why would you need crafting materials from the GTN? You should be able to get all of the crafting materials you need from crew missions and crew skills vendors.

Games aren't copyrightable under US law. Only the artwork, characters, and trademarks. Why did you think there were so many different versions of "Monopoly" out there?

Quoted from http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html :

Copyright does not protect the idea for a game, its name or title, or the method or methods for playing it. Nor does copyright protect any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in developing, merchandising, or playing a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles. Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form.

Now on to the next excuse for why they couldn't come up with a better interface for the GTN.

I remember the early days of NeverQuest. There was no AH, Bazaar or any tools. What happened was that a few points in the world became a location where people would hawk their wares, services and requests. Very very social. Met a lot of in-game friends that way. However what a big pain in the rear. Standing around typing hawking messages for awhile. Jeeze..

Just give things time. The Trade Network will be refined over use. It's functional and that's all there really is to it.

Yes, all they had to do was violate copyright lines and produce an exact copy of a design from another game. Great solution, lol.

Now, the GTN needs some work as far as the interface and the search options, no doubt, for the OP, why would you need crafting materials from the GTN? You should be able to get all of the crafting materials you need from crew missions and crew skills vendors.

actually copyright does not cover that, you can get the exact same product with different lines of code, what copyright covers.

Just give things time. The Trade Network will be refined over use. It's functional and that's all there really is to it.

What really tickles me is that apparently there WAS a global search at first and it was removed because somehow it was putting too much stress on the server. Seriously ?

Speaking of bad design, it'd be really hard to justify that having the "reset" button have the exact same size, shape, and style as the "search" button and having the two butt right up against each other is good or thoughtful UI design.

i use the auction house just fine

first remember the game is now as of today 5 days since full launch so there is nothing in AH because no one has anything yet to really spare/spend as a rule <40 k at 25th level is a lot for that level then higher levels are worse since many higher levels raced to max and avoided slow downs like crafting>

the AH doesn't have to be like every other one to work you just have to learn a new one is all.. though i would like to see a name choice that is perhaps possible to shift choose from inventory or crafting it really isn't that necessary as a rule

Games aren't copyrightable under US law. Only the artwork, characters, and trademarks. Why did you think there were so many different versions of "Monopoly" out there?

Quoted from http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html :

Now on to the next excuse for why they couldn't come up with a better interface for the GTN.

Games are copyrightable, the code and the rules are, just not the actual game play mechanics themselves. As for monopoly, they are all released by parkerbrothers, otherwise they would not be monopoly, the trademark

Edited by Lormif