Forced Defeat by Archon is Rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sqigglesmc

So I just finished the battle with Archon after you release the docking clamps for the grave stone, I defeat him then find that in the cut scene it shows archon defeating me instead!!! That is freaking Ridiculous!!!, I just defeated him!!!

Stop using story to force win/loss on us, or at least if your going to force me to loose a fight then make me actually loose it and have it be part of the story line.

So I just finished the battle with Archon after you release the docking clamps for the grave stone, I defeat him then find that in the cut scene it shows archon defeating me instead!!! That is freaking Ridiculous!!!, I just defeated him!!!

Stop using story to force win/loss on us, or at least if your going to force me to loose a fight then make me actually loose it and have it be part of the story line.

Arcann.

The Archon is a completely different battle on Makeb. That's what I thought this was about :/

I thought the same. Though to be fair that can be pretty ****** as well if you're undergeared and don't know what you're doing.

Agreed, which is why I read the post thinking I might have been able to help.

Edited by AngFour

I felt the same about the fight before the cutscene, make it too hard and then drop into conversation mode when your own health is down to 50%. But maybe the engine doesn't allow it.

Winning and losing a combat encounter in gameplay is not the same as winning a fight. It's just progressing to the next part of the story. If you die in gameplay, you just respawn. If you win in gameplay, sometimes enemies suddenly recharge their whole healthbar and are back to full again a second later.

I felt the same about the fight before the cutscene, make it too hard and then drop into conversation mode when your own health is down to 50%. But maybe the engine doesn't allow it.

I suspect it's that because any class that can drain it's own health could "bypass" the fight (Are there any that can still do that?).

Alternatively, it may be difficult to alter a mob's AI depending on a player's HP pool (For example, using a skill that, as a result of its use, launches a cutscene.)