Don't suscribe to swtor

Kazallum

I'm a suscriber, just in 3 weeks i losed 2 full days of pay play cause server issues, I can't do my smuggler class mission from Revan expansion because the mission says i need to finish my chap 3 and i already did it and 6 tickets later they just send me an automatic droid mail and ignore it all. Now i cant play because laucher says " This application has encountered an unspecified error". Lots of minor bugs etc etc etc. This game dont deserve my subscription. Edited by Kazallum

I can't do my smuggler class mission from Revan expansion because the mission says i need to finish my chap 3 and i already did

EDIT: I just checked and it's fixed so you're lying.

Edited by Kozor

This error, along with certain other launcher errors, can happen after a patch from time to time. The best way to resolve it is to go to your installation folder (Program Files x86\EA Games\Bioware\Star Wars the Old Republic is the default I think) and move the BitRaider folder from there to somewhere else. This should make the launcher reverify your files the next time your launch it.

The other fix you're not going to like, but its all I can think of. You will have to go to the installation directory and open the file called launcher settings in a notepad. Look for the following lines

"PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

"bitraider_disable": false

And change them to read

"PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

"bitraider_disable": true

Once you've done that you can save the settings and launch the game again.

This will make you redownload the entire game again.

I wanted to make sure that was clear. What this does is disable the streaming, bitraider client and lets you patch without bitraider. However it needs to redownload the game to do this.

Also, obviously, I can't guarantee it will work either. It has for other people in the past, but may not work for your specific circumstances.

Edited by Trobon

Unspecified error only happens to the bitraider client. The bitraider client does not have the option to start the repair function manually that is why the option is grayed out. Try Owen's fix here to change patchers. It will be a full game download but it will have fewer issues in the future.

You know, I wrote out a whole thing and you come in here and just throw down a link and make it look easy. That doesn't seem fair. :p

Also in game tickets never get answer call them on the phone they answer that.

Ya call them on the phone, they will help you and work with you till you can finally log in. I had one guy help me for awhile, till we finally fixed the problem and I could log. I guess it all depends on who you get but I have had nothing but amazing service from CS when I call, except the one Hindi guy who couldn't good english. He wanted me to phonetically spell out a lot of the words I was saying, like: A like apple B like boy. I hung up and called back till I got a native english speaker. They really will help you though. They might even give you something for your troubles. I've had that happen quite a few times. Just call and treat them like a person.

I'm a suscriber, just in 3 weeks i losed 2 full days of pay play cause server issues, I can't do my smuggler class mission from Revan expansion because the mission says i need to finish my chap 3 and i already did it and 6 tickets later they just send me an automatic droid mail and ignore it all. Now i cant play because laucher says " This application has encountered an unspecified error". Lots of minor bugs etc etc etc. This game dont deserve my subscription.

Raging on the forums about technical issues is not the way to handle this , like the other poster said call customer service and see if they can help you. And stop raging on the forums because your having technical issues.

I This game dont deserve my subscription.

ive been saying this since launch!!! keep popping back in to see if anything has changed with the new stuff being added in but nope!!! same ole boring story, same ole bugs, same ole reused armors just recolored a bit. My time runs out in a few days and i doubt ill come back no matter what new gimmick they try next time. every time it sounds like it will be good and fun but they always end up dropping the ball, a few months later they just sweep it under the rug and try and forget about it.

I'm a suscriber, just in 3 weeks i losed 2 full days of pay play cause server issues, I can't do my smuggler class mission from Revan expansion because the mission says i need to finish my chap 3 and i already did it and 6 tickets later they just send me an automatic droid mail and ignore it all. Now i cant play because laucher says " This application has encountered an unspecified error". Lots of minor bugs etc etc etc. This game dont deserve my subscription.

you get paid $0.48 cents a day?????

Yikes man you need a better job!