NO ONE will care about the voice acting in one more month.

Gunfox

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't agree with op's post (my opinion) love the story and voice overs. Sure beats the click/accept/do/hand in without reading much of what you have to do style of questing. I think a lot of people are ignoring that this game is primarily a story-based game!!!

Oh one more thing the flag button is there for good reason. (and believe me it works)

Have a good time all playing SWTOR and may the Force continue to be with us for many years to come.

Gotta say this lol one of the best lines ive heard my character say (i wont spoil by saying who) in response to an npc's story about why they need help "Is there a point to this sob story" made me lol irl

Since when does voice = story? If you don't read the quests, that's your problem.

For the record, I disagree. In a month I'll still care and enjoy about the voice acting.

I'm not going bs and say that Voice acting is a key figure of the story, but I will say that hearing the emotion or conveyance of a mission giver is...refreshing? I dislike text-based only missions. "THem buggers killed so-and-so, you go keel them nao" *text with absolutely 100% straight face*.

Not interested in that. "Those bastards killed my family. Now either you kill them, or I will!" *Says while frothing at the mouth* Sure, I'll empathize and help ya out.

Simply put, I enjoy the emotion put into even the most basic of fetch and carry / kill 10 womp rats. I will enjoy said emotion even when I repeat the mission on a new character.

You heard it here first :)

I've started to skip every conversation at lvl 22 and pick my answers at random now, only paying attention to good / light side points.

Everything you say will be pointless after the conversation ends. Everything! I have yet to see a consequence that adds more than more voiceover and in the rarest cases killing one insignificant dude. The stories of the sidequests have the quality of a c-movie at best.

And this is where the major part of the budget went? Sorry, but this makes me laugh.

Will the decisions change your quests? Nope.

Will the decisions change the world or parts of the map? Nope.

Will the decisions change following decisions? Nope.

All they do is adding more pointless, boring textlines.

Will parts of your gear change based on a soulless number counting how "good" or "evil" your decisions were? Well yes, I have to give that point to Bioware.

I'm finished with this boring, pointless abomination called a story.

I really hope the gameplay gets better, but honestly I don't have much hope.

This is an MMO, let us write our OWN stories! Not follow a pointless path some underpaid or just plain bad writer sucked out of his fingers.

If I want a story, I'll go watch a movie or read a book. Gameplay is what counts in a game.

You speak for yourself.

I will still enjoy and care for voice acting months from now when I am on my 4th player.

I have played Mass Effect 1 20+ times and the voice acting/cutscenes never get old.

No consequences...?

Vette hates me so much because im a jerk to everybody, you know how many gifts im going to have to buy her?

Women need a nerf.

Love this post.

I can see how the hard core PVP folks are frustrated with the game and they're totally entitled to their opinions.

But at the rate I'm going it'll be 6 months before I make it through a roll of each character type which I fully intend to do. I have a feeling that more stories will keep coming and keep us interested.

It's like any good TV show, you keep coming back for more even though the characters basically do the same things over and over.

I really think folks completely underestimate the selling capacity of stories from the Star Wars universe. It's the secret weapon people keep overlooking when comparing the longevity possibilities of this game to other MMO's.

This is an MMO, let us write our OWN stories! Not follow a pointless path some underpaid or just plain bad writer sucked out of his fingers.

You have no idea of what a MMO(RPG) is or you wouldn't be saying that. Which means that I'm done with this thread.

particularly having it done in THREE separate languages when English would have been more than sufficient

Haha-hahaha.

Non.

French > badly spelled French AKA English.

Besides, our laws totally forbid the publication of games, dvd, whatever media in other than french/german. And it is perfect like that.

Most french/german wont even come to discuss with you about such thing, I do it, cause I can write english. Most french/german wont even come here, cause they dont care about english, dont want to speak and dont have to speak it.

And there's nothing you can do against that, all you can do is rage and rage more.

Only english speaking countries and corrupted anglo-saxon minded little eu countries will agree with you.

So no, by no means, english is not "sufficient", let alone "enjoyable" for most french/german players.

Edited by Draksen

I will care :( Being able to select being positive, being neutral, or disagreeing with an NPC is better then just having a simple accept/reject option at the bottom of a random paragraph of text to me. It sounds simple, and it is, but that's added a lot of personality to SWTOR for me especially with some of the surprisingly funny conversations by decent actors throughout the game.