The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stuck at updating

Ackire

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting at 97.38%. Slow is not the word I would have used. Is it patching, yes, but (using a small time reference of 30 mins) it will take me roughly 5 hours to download 1%. Also, as I've seen it mentioned a few times, the data rate displayed on the update is not necessarily your current data rate but the last known highest rate.

If you guys want to get a very basic glimpse of what is happening, open your network activity monitor while the launcher is "trying" to patch and watch the data transfer rates, then open YouTube in a browser and play a video and watch the data rate on the network monitor. I know this is not very detailed, but it gives folks a very basic idea on the situation (the streaming service for the patch is just not working well at all).

Edited by Ashlion

I'm not sure which one helped, but after setting "bitraider_download_complete":

{ "swtor": false (in launcher.settings) and deleting the video&patch folder I've got the downloading started. Speed could be better, but it's not worse I've seen, and that's something that is not error&freez.

Beta is a Beta ;) anyway, bugs in a lauching game it's normal...5+ years game? sorry but NOT :mad:

fix this NOW!

Bugs that make a game nearly unplayable in a high budget game like battlefront is NOT normal. Beta has been over for quite a while now too. the game launched in the US today. -- these are my experiences today.

Not defending SWTOR here at all... just expressing how much of a disappointment battlefront is. I requested a refund... might buy it again once its stable or it goes on sale.

Edited by Drunkhydra

Bugs that make a game nearly unplayable in a high budget game like battlefront is NOT normal.

Not defending SWTOR here at all... just expressing how much of a disappointment battlefront is. I requested a refund... might buy it again once its stable or it goes on sale.

I played BETA and was less than impressed. I will not be spending my $$ on that pile of trash. The maps are horrible (funnel's everyone in to horrible choke-points or random respawns all over the map). I will admit it looks pretty but the core game-play is trash. It's been downhill for DICE since BF3. BF4 and Hardline are horrible... each one worse than the last. Which leaves us at Battlefront. A masterpiece of garbage. :o

Edited by Selout

No update from the Devs or others about the problem............I just updated STO after a year off, jeeze that update is finished...........swtor......still chugging along slowyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

No update from the Devs or others about the problem............I just updated STO after a year off, jeeze that update is finished...........swtor......still chugging along slowyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's not Bioware. It's the crappy external patching company they use. I have had nothing but problems with SWTOR updates it seems. The tech issue isn't their fault but using such a garbage company IS their fault. The BW tech's are probably waiting to hear back from that trash company so they can respond.

Edited by Selout

****** BIOWARE FIX UR GAME PLS WE PAY FOR THIS GAME AND WE HAVE NOTHING IN TRADE BUT BUGS AND DELAY!!!!!

instead of the cartel market being fully stocked everyday think about fix ur game engine and ur bugs pvping with 20 fps on a i7 and 2x R9 280 is really cool HAHAHAHAA!!

TKX:cool: