Companion Changes in 4.0.2

EricMusco

To increase the influence with some companians they should fix the courting bug, because since 4.0 companians which normaly love courting gifts because your char had a romance with them (or allready married) don´t get influence with this gift anymore. This is annoying speacialy when you have a lot of courting gifts. Edited by Goologne

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To increase the influence with some companians they should fix the courting bug, because since 4.0 companians which normaly love courting gifts because your char had a romance with them (or allready married) don´t get influence with this gift anymore. This is annoying speacialy when you have a lot of courting gifts.

This is quite annoying. It states that my toon has entered into a romantic relationship with Lana but courting gifts do nothing. Fix, please.

Nerfs were fine. Why buff companions again? This only satisfies the anti-social: players that insist on soloing Heroic+2 content, players that again feel free booting or not replacing a player member in a flashpoint so they can be replaced by a companion healer, and further ruining what little OW pvp there was left in this game.

Buffing companions satisfies players that demand soloing and face rolling content. And after they do, they get bored and leave the game quickly. Why cater to these types of players?

The changes to the healing and DPS companions on first glace seems to be a good compromise but tanking companions still seem to be squishy due to the long cool down on their shielding ability where they go from practically invincible to zero mitigation on longer fights against champion and higher difficulty mobs.

The patch also appears to have broken pre-KotFE companion conversations for characters that have completed the main 3 chapter class storyline but not started KotFE. I posted more in General here and in the bug report thread Here

Since I had an unexpected day off due to RL issues, I took the opportunity to hop back on my PT (in DPS stance) and try Lights Out, the Belsavis heroic I'd abandoned after 4.0.2 due to abject frustration with it. Level 65, gear mostly 208 with lingering 192s in a few slots. Legacy 50, datacron master. Companion Blizz in healing mode, rank 10 influence, 1500 effective presence with him out. Have not started KotFE.

The experience was much better this run. Blizz seemed to be healing better,, which had the side effect of him drawing more aggro, but he could heal himself well enough to live through it until I could grab mobs back off of him. Previously, he'd die and then so would I in those circumstances. The pulls with only one gold plus silvers/normals were no longer as unforgiving as they had been, and the pulls with two golds were still a bit challenging but not a guaranteed death if the RNG went south. In fact, they were just about right in feel to me - if the RNG did go south, you could compensate. One-on-one fights were not a problem, even the champ mob. The mission went from teeth-grinding frustration back to feeling that the reward is certainly worth the time involved.

The healing felt possibly a bit OP again for me, but I think that is more a function of legacy/presence/level/etc. than anything else. For a player with fewer advantages it's probably pretty good.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel

What about the 0 armor rating and 0 defense bug at lvl 65?

That is currently slated to be fixed in 4.0.3.

-eric

Can you confirm that this fix is NOT in 4.0.2a? Can you confirm that it is still scheduled to be fixed in 4.0.3?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
speaking of changes and out of context, i was playing my sith sorc and i noticed that one of my companion is bugged, i completed the taris story mission and ashara is no where to be found, is it a glitch if anyone can tell me that be great.:)

Try leaving your ship. Think I had a similar problem with my Trooper.