Don't Rush to endgame...

Mazing

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world pvp is non existent in this game.

as a pvper :

good to hear !

'world pvp' was a bullcrap that should have gone away with waning ultima online loooong ago.

go play eve online with your 1600 man guild if you want to 'dominate' in 'world pvp'.

as a pvper :

good to hear !

'world pvp' was a bullcrap that should have gone away with waning ultima online loooong ago.

go play eve online with your 1600 man guild if you want to 'dominate' in 'world pvp'.

Why would a pvp'r want less pvp? You only like scenarios? Wow, some of us like milk with our cookies.

Open world pvp can be one of the best things in a mmo for long term subscriptions.

So what if they had levelled half as fast? Then they'd discover there's nothing to do in another 12 days. That helps the game how? What if they'd levelled 25% as fast. Then they could wait a month before noticing they're bored. What the heck do you expect; people to play half an hour a day so they never get to end game? Play 4 or 5 different classes for an hour a day? Some people don't particularly enjoy playing alts or going through the same content over and over again and, despite what the fanboys keep telling us, you do, in fact, repeat about 85% of the content whenever you re-roll on the same faction. The stories aren't "unique," they are 15% different.

If people are at 50 and getting bored in 1 week after launch, how many more will be there in a month? Blaming the player for levelling too fast is so beside the point I don't even know where to start. It's not like you have to work super hard to level in this game.

Yeap. Lack of endgame content is inexcusable for any MMO. Endgame is 90% of the game and its what we all plan on doing when we finish the story. I was hoping for PvP Starship battles and complex Operations and Arena. How knows, maybe even a political system (See "Tera Online") or world events (See "Rift").

Endgame SWTOR seems to be a huge disappointment. Oh, and I agree that the Story is 85% the same for all classes (actually I would say its closer to 70%). There is little reason to roll and alt if you play this game for the story. Most of the story is the same for all players and all the staff we kept hearing about how each story is Unique; its all BS.

:)

got level 50 yesterday. can't find a guild and it turns out the swedish decided to make my PVP English server the unofficial swedish one. no server transfers. can't get any groups for heroic flashpoints spamming in the fleet for 3 hours, what else am I supposed to do now? :( Edited by SunwindIon

Why would a pvp'r want less pvp? You only like scenarios? Wow, some of us like milk with our cookies.

Open world pvp can be one of the best things in a mmo for long term subscriptions.

because 'open world pvp' basically means 'ganking'.

in its best form, it was 5-10 people waiting for each other to gather over 30 minutes' time while group gathers, then 10 minutes travel time, then waiting and loitering around while killing npcs in a zone in order to prompt the other faction to come for about 10 minutes, and reskill the first arriving 2-3 people. and when after a total hour was out when you first started on the 'world pvp' event, you would reskill each other in just 5-10 seconds in a chaotic setting, then die and go run and rez from the gy and bandage for approx 5 minutes for each occasion.

you would do this 4-5 times, totaling a whopass 2-3 minutes actual pvp time for a total of 20-30 minutes of die-and-run-back-to-rez time, and then slowly retreat.

in short it provided 30 minutes of 'pvp' for 2.5 hours or so of tedious bullcrap.

and that was when there wasnt xrealm bgs in wow. after xrealm bgs, even that ended, and 'world pvp' was reduced to what it really was - 2-3 people ganking 2-3 other people unawares.

i spent 1.5 years on wow battlegrounds. and i enjoyed every minute of it. 80 people charging against each other in a narrow valley - THAT's pvp.

Endgame SWTOR seems to be a huge disappointment. Oh, and I agree that the Story is 85% the same for all classes (actually I would say its closer to 70%). There is little reason to roll and alt if you play this game for the story. Most of the story is the same for all players and all the staff we kept hearing about how each story is Unique; its all BS.

:)

whats bs is your talk.

i am playing 6 different classes all at the same time, and even at level 15 their entire storyline is TOTALLY different.

please let us know that where you pulled that 'each class story is 70% same' bullcrap.

got level 50 yesterday. can't find a guild and it turns out the swedish decided to make my PVP English server the unofficial swedish one. no server transfers. can't get any groups for heroic flashpoints spamming in the fleet for 3 hours, what else am I supposed to do now? :(

which server is that one ?

whats bs is your talk.

i am playing 6 different classes all at the same time, and even at level 15 their entire storyline is TOTALLY different.

please let us know that where you pulled that 'each class story is 70% same' bullcrap.

No, their stories aren't completely different. Their specific class stories are completely different. But the class stories are only a fraction of the overall levelling progression. If you're on Dromund Kaas, no matter what your class story is, you're still going to get the same "dispose of the bombs" quest, the same "Revanite" quest, the same quests the moment you step into the zone, the same quests to clear out Lord Gratham's estate, the same Heroic quests, the same quests for the Dark Temple, the same NPC who killed all his soldiers for planning a surprise party. The majority of those quests are exactly the same for every class. Only the class-specific quests are different.

Even at your level you're still doing well over two-thirds of the same quests over again that you did on your other classes. And come back and talk to us when you've gotten out of the capitol zones, okay? Because it only gets more pronounced the more you progress.

Edited by Mannic

No, their stories aren't completely different. Their specific class stories are completely different

THAT IS WHAT A CLASS STORY MEANS !!!!

. But the class stories are only a fraction of the overall levelling progression. Even at your level you're still doing well over half of the same quests over again

then speak in an intelligible fashion - say that 'the overall story in the game is similar'. not 'classes stories are the same'.

which server is that one ?

bloodworthy.

and for the record, I did not rush to 50. I simply played about 16 hours a day, I didn't "rush" anything, I made a point to finish every quest on a planet before moving on, etc etc, I was in no hurry, I was simply enjoying the game and playing it *a lot*.

so please, shut up with the LOL Y U RUSH? nonesense.

THAT IS WHAT A CLASS STORY MEANS !!!!

then speak in an intelligible fashion - say that 'the overall story in the game is similar'. not 'classes stories are the same'.

K, I'm going to say this slowly and in all-caps so hopefully you get the message.

NO ONE SAID THE CLASS STORIES ARE THE SAME! You are arguing against something NO ONE SAID.

You want to make a terrible strawman argument against something no one said and then blame the poster because your reading comprehension sucks? I'm sorry, let me lay it out for you in a more intelligible (for you) fashion.

THE QUESTS THAT AREN'T UNDER THE CATEGEORY OF "CLASS" IN YOUR QUEST LOG ARE THE SAME FOR EVERY CLASS AND THEY MAKE UP THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE QUESTS. THESE QUESTS, ALL TOGETHER, COLLECTIVELY MAKE UP THE "STORY." THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE "STORY" AND THE "CLASS STORY." SO WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THE "STORY" IS 70% OR 80% THE SAME FOR ALL CLASSES WITHIN A FACTION, THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT TALKING ABOUT CLASS STORY. THIS SHOULD NOT REQUIRE A LENGTHY EXPLANATION FOR MOST MEMBERS WITH IQ'S HIGHER THAN ROOM-TEMPERATURE.

THIS SHOULD NOT REQUIRE A LENGTHY EXPLANATION FOR MOST MEMBERS WITH IQ'S HIGHER THAN ROOM-TEMPERATURE.

then there is no need for you to reply to a 'low-iq' person.

in retrospect, there is no need for this 'low-iq' person to reply to you either.

you can alternatively go find a mmo that does not have 'similar storylines' to the percentage of 70% then. enjoy your search.