decreases critical damage from 30% to 10%?

Heinlmeier

The 30% surge bonus to 10% nerf was targetting turbulence/blast which would benefit from the current system and from potency/reck (which currently does not work, and that;s a totally a different story).

Unfortunately, this change also affects both tk wave/chain ling and gust/flash, which with potency/reck stacks scale accordingly to the current meta, while outside of it they are underscaled. As such it has dropped to the bottom of the parsing barrel.

If the 30% surge bonus nerf was reverted and the potency/reck effect for turbu/blast was fixed, then tk/ling would probably have the highest burst in the game during potency/reck cycles, which is not necessarily a bad thing given its defensive capabilities in comparison to balance/madness or other classes specs. Outside potency/reck it would hit proportianally nearly the same.

Bottom line, most certainly the 30% surge bonus should be reverted for chain and flash, while blast should be examined as a separate case.

Edited by MusicRider

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After testing myself with fully BiS gear mix of 220 and some 216 + 2 set bonus (old) +4 new using TK spec i got into conclusion that something needs to be done. It is plain aweful now. And balance spec isnt great ether. Just a notch better. Compared to my alts GS, sentinel, guard and shadow i really dont see now point playing sage as dps. Only good thing is aoe and thats it. But with low burst and changes to crit damage the nerf is felt absolutely. Also i see damage DOES NOT scale well when you get more power from better tier gear compared to other classes.

So i confirm that from scripted testing dps ranking threads it does seem to be correct that sages are in low end on dps ranking. Overall problem what i see is that burst dps classes or instant skill specs just have huge crits and they perform so well from power stat increase + alacrity while sage casting and low crit damage 10% just does not get you anywhere.

Edited by Divona

According to early PTS data, specs with 30% bonus was extremely overperforming, in fact, Lightning with 30% was almost as ridiculous as Adavanced Prototype. That being said, i still think, that Recklessness should work as Critical Multiplier bonus, since Thundering Blast consuming it anyway (if used right after TB activation).

Concerning AoE potential, it's often comes as an argument "but sorcs so good in AoE, why you need any damage ups?". While it can look true on paper, most challenging fights demanding single target damage and do not have any place to show AoE. Revan, Styrak, Kefess, Brontes etc. Class should have access to strong single target damage, otherwise it's just not viable in those fights.

+1 thats so true and problem sage/sorc have now.

Yup it makes no sense I personally don't understand why they did it hit it with 20% tho could check with 5% and so on. What realllllly makes no sense what so ever is that specs like AP powertech MM snipers and Arsenal Mercs plus a few others were allowed to keep the 30% surge bonuses It's not like those specs preformed poorly in 3.0 at all heck AP was in the top 3 in every operation boss while being one of the most successful dps specs in all 3 forms of pvp I think its mind boggling as to what biowares logic is behind this, and as usual the community won't get any feedback into the reasoning behind the madness .

SWTOR 3.0 Lightning Sorcerer:

Reverberating Force (level 52) – Increases critical damage dealt by Chain Lightning, Lightning Flash, Crushing Darkness and Thundering Blast by 30%

SWTOR 4.0 Lightning Sorcerer:

Reverberating Force (level 52) – Increases critical damage dealt by Chain Lightning, Lightning Flash, Crushing Darkness and Thundering Blast by 10%

Sry, i can not understand it. The Sniper has still 30% at Engineer and Marksmanship, the Powertech Advanced Prototype has still 30%, the Mercenary Arsenal has still 30%!

What's the point decrease the performance and it will not be the works of star wars feature movie. It will make a lemon joke on the abilities. Some percentage have to be higher to make it work. what profession you have been playing is not a force user and why you lost because you forgot to use the right force. Standing still combat will cause more damage worse to you.

Edited by Wagerbane

For the love of God, I just want to know if sorc gonna get fixed, and if so when, or its gonna stay like that coz dev's think its funny (would be weird sense of humour tho).

Lightning supposed to be burst class. According to parsely, 6,5k is highest 500k dummy parse. To compare highest overall 500k is AP PT with 8k. This is so depressing. Do sth about it.

Dev response already!

SWTOR 3.0 Lightning Sorcerer:

Reverberating Force (level 52) – Increases critical damage dealt by Chain Lightning, Lightning Flash, Crushing Darkness and Thundering Blast by 30%

SWTOR 4.0 Lightning Sorcerer:

Reverberating Force (level 52) – Increases critical damage dealt by Chain Lightning, Lightning Flash, Crushing Darkness and Thundering Blast by 10%

Sry, i can not understand it. The Sniper has still 30% at Engineer and Marksmanship, the Powertech Advanced Prototype has still 30%, the Mercenary Arsenal has still 30%!

Devs need to address this!

What super crit do you speak of?

Crit chance translates into surge beyond 100% crit. Which makes autocrits having more surge than normal crits.

That means if the only thing in this expansion that would've changed is the crit mechanic, then from the same gear specs with autocrit would've experienced a jump in their dps. So they compensated for that by nerfing surge bonuses on specs with autocrit.

Crit chance translates into surge beyond 100% crit. Which makes autocrits having more surge than normal crits.

That means if the only thing in this expansion that would've changed is the crit mechanic, then from the same gear specs with autocrit would've experienced a jump in their dps. So they compensated for that by nerfing surge bonuses on specs with autocrit.

There is no crit translation whatsoever in autocrits, turbulence being prime example, its an autocrit skill, yet my 36% crit does not get converted to bonus dmg with or without FP, unless turbulence is supposed to crit for same as in 3.0 0o.

I get it they were scared because of what happened in 3.0 but this is something absurd, i would anywhere anytime trade that useless 9% dmg red ( *** i need a tanking buff for?) for something offensive cause guess what, this is a dps class, oh and a burst one.

We are no inviable but we are weak in our supposed role.