How are sorc's in ranked? In non ranked they appear over the top..

Russreklaw

The #'s Sorcs put up in regular wz's is pretty incredible in comparison to most other classes. I've seen many wz's with sorcs putting up over 1.5 to 2mil dmg while still laying down 400 to 600k healing. Most times no other classes are really coming close to dmg alone let alone the healing.

Is there a drawback? I'm still trying to figure out balance or rather lack of it between classes.. so I admit this may be well and dandy and I'm not understanding things. If I saw #'s like this I'd easily be led to the opinion that some tuning is in order. Is there a huge lack of balance that BW needs to address or am I just not understanding end game pvp? particularly ranked.

The sorcs you are running into to need to step up there game.

Mara says hello (and this is a low total damage game): link

That kind of damage is even easier with a pt or sniper, and all of these specs have much higher burst.

P.S. This was not even an attempt to number farm, I actually responded to inc calls twice that match.

Leaderboard top 100 will be 45-50% sorcs, 30-35% PT, then everyone else with 3-7% each. Not much has changed, but Marauders received nerfs for no good reason, PT burst was actually increased, and sorcs got arguably one of the best new abilities.

Sorcs are by far the best class in the game for PvP right now overall. PTs do much better burst, and have very good sustained single target. They're also the best tanks.

You'd be a fool to play anything but a PT or a sorc this season in ranked. Actually, you'd be a fool to play in ranked at all, because the balance is so atrociously bad that it doesn't really matter, and Solo Q never did. Most of the top 4s teams have stopped caring, since they have to arrange times to play between the teams, and there isn't much interest in new / less than godskill players because they just get farmed. So it's all Solo Q, which is inherently biased towards classes like Sorcs and PTs that have the best toolset and highest dps.

Leaderboard top 100 will be 45-50% sorcs, 30-35% PT, then everyone else with 3-7% each. Not much has changed, but Marauders received nerfs for no good reason, PT burst was actually increased, and sorcs got arguably one of the best new abilities.

Sorcs are by far the best class in the game for PvP right now overall. PTs do much better burst, and have very good sustained single target. They're also the best tanks.

You'd be a fool to play anything but a PT or a sorc this season in ranked. Actually, you'd be a fool to play in ranked at all, because the balance is so atrociously bad that it doesn't really matter, and Solo Q never did. Most of the top 4s teams have stopped caring, since they have to arrange times to play between the teams, and there isn't much interest in new / less than godskill players because they just get farmed. So it's all Solo Q, which is inherently biased towards classes like Sorcs and PTs that have the best toolset and highest dps.

<--- Fool since Season 2 :rak_03:

DPS pt in solo is average at best, sorcs will still perform very well in solo due to the overall toolkit, but mara is actually decent in solo queue and after talking to Feken last season I'm 99% positive that the top rated maras would have much higher overall ratings if more people played the class and they actually had to keep queuing to hold the top 3 spot.

Mara is actually very strong in 4's atm, it's beating the lol triple pt god comp, and sorc dps is poor in the high burst meta.

I agree with you on the lack of new blood, but frankly if everyone stopped hanging on the nuts of a small handful of players and were willing to form new teams then the issue of new teams getting farmed wouldn't be an issue because they would fight each other.

Hopefully the established teams stay on harbinger this season and new teams will have a chance to fight other teams of similar skill on other servers, this may allow new players to get their feet wet without feeling like they are being engulfed by a tidal wave.

So, sorcs and sages do alot of dmg in wz´s but are they even able to go on any class 1v1? Seems like all I have to do with all my chars is to focus the sorc/sage and he/she cant take the pressure.

Dont get me wrong, they do insane numbers inside wz´s but how viable are they?

I don't think DPS sorcs are going to be that highly represented this season. DPS is relatively low on madness, and lightening is terrible. Sorc healers are going to be all over the leaderboards though, and will probably have the highest aggregate ratings in solo and ranked (with the possible exception of good AP PT's and good tank PT's).

So, sorcs and sages do alot of dmg in wz´s but are they even able to go on any class 1v1? Seems like all I have to do with all my chars is to focus the sorc/sage and he/she cant take the pressure.

Dont get me wrong, they do insane numbers inside wz´s but how viable are they?

The base toolkit of the class is the most impressive thing sorcs have going for them PVP wise. The insane healing and survival of the class is unparalleled in the game. Sorc damage may not be as high as other classes, but how godlike do they need to become before someone says it's enough?

The base toolkit of the class is the most impressive thing sorcs have going for them PVP wise. The insane healing and survival of the class is unparalleled in the game. Sorc damage may not be as high as other classes, but how godlike do they need to become before someone says it's enough?

I would say it won't be enough till we are literally immortal!!! There can be only one!

I don't think DPS sorcs are going to be that highly represented this season. DPS is relatively low on madness, and lightening is terrible. Sorc healers are going to be all over the leaderboards though, and will probably have the highest aggregate ratings in solo and ranked (with the possible exception of good AP PT's and good tank PT's).

Are we playing the same game? Because even my terribly geared lowbie sorc is getting 3K+ dps in midbies. We've already seen 5K screenshots. Spread dots, kite, and heal your team. Do that well and you should win most arenas as a madness sorc. Considering sorcs now have more "get away" abilities than any other class in the game I can't see how that will be hard.

PTs are more fun for killing people. Even my midbie PT is already hittting 2K single target dps, and I know that 3-4K is probably possible. THey don't have the heals and survivability of a sorc though. Excellent glass cannon.

I don't know why people think that this season will be so different. Not much has changed since the 3.X era, except for some unwarranted nerfs and some buffs to the already OP classes. Doesn't make much sense.

LOL they would still nerf operatives.

So true. I miss healing on my op as a break from the sorc, but I can't justify working that hard, stressing out over something that's supposed to be fun, only to feel like I didn't contribute as much as the sorc or sage healers on the other team.

Edited by Kaitianah

What are those? I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just trying to understand what you consider a "get away" ability.

I can only speak for myself and what I use: phase walk, God bubble, force speed that removes impairing effects, sticky knock back, and instant whirlwind. Even if they break the last one right away it usually buys me enough time to get away and/or heal myself depending on if I'm rooted/slowed.

Are we playing the same game? Because even my terribly geared lowbie sorc is getting 3K+ dps in midbies. We've already seen 5K screenshots. Spread dots, kite, and heal your team. Do that well and you should win most arenas as a madness sorc. Considering sorcs now have more "get away" abilities than any other class in the game I can't see how that will be hard.

PTs are more fun for killing people. Even my midbie PT is already hittting 2K single target dps, and I know that 3-4K is probably possible. THey don't have the heals and survivability of a sorc though. Excellent glass cannon.

I don't know why people think that this season will be so different. Not much has changed since the 3.X era, except for some unwarranted nerfs and some buffs to the already OP classes. Doesn't make much sense.

The main thing I do not understand is why some classes got a surge nerf and others did not. They all have auto crits, and the classes that did not get the nerf (primarily AP PT and MM sniper) are hitting some very high crit numbers. I think they either need to undo the surge nerf on other classes or nerf the surge talents down to 10% across the board.

As for sorc's, I think I may just be seeing a lot of mediocre ones on harbinger as the DPS sorc's are usually pretty easy for me to handle on a marauder that is not even fully min/maxed yet, and you know I am not the player you are. But I did get handed my lunch when I ran into double bubble twice, and have had very bad days when facing multiple madness sorcs. The thing is that I have found it laughably easy to heal through the damage output of a madness sorc on my scoundrel. Can't do that with even an average PT. Again, I may be running into some pretty mediocre madness sorcs though, and mine is spec'd for healing (which again is ridiculously OP).

I can only speak for myself and what I use: phase walk, God bubble, force speed that removes impairing effects, sticky knock back, and instant whirlwind. Even if they break the last one right away it usually buys me enough time to get away and/or heal myself depending on if I'm rooted/slowed.

That's exactly why I asked. Because when I think of 'get away' powers I only think of Phase Walk & Force Speed. The other powers are great to be sure, but they don't seem to have that particularly focus.

That's exactly why I asked. Because when I think of 'get away' powers I only think of Phase Walk & Force Speed. The other powers are great to be sure, but they don't seem to have that particularly focus.

I'm not sure if that's what the other person meant, but they are very powerful tools in my kiting arsenal and a huge reason I am so hard to kill, especially with a guard. Not impossible, of course--especially with smart and skilled DPS.