So about this Jerky...

Sith_Ravager

Now, I know it happens to me alot. It happens to guildies alot...but Ive honestly think I saw a post once, maybe, about this issue...

What is up with the damn jerky recipe..I honestly have it drop 3 sometimes 4 drops outta 5 for greens...I dont even want to look at green drops anymore because its almost guaranteed to be there.

You cant sell it on GTN, because the stupid amounts up there, its not worth selling to vendors...Are BW planning that we all need Jerky in the continuing story?...Is Jerky now mandatory for class questing?

Maybe BW should take a look at...I dunno...drop tables maybe....

Before 4.0 Id average a green after about every 10-15 kills and it would be decent

after 4.0, about the same rate...but seriously Jerky...

Before 4.0 Blue maybe once an hour or two...nice drop, either keep it or sell on GTN

after 4.0 maybe a little less often, and of the probably 40 Ive gotten since launch of 4.0 only 2 have not been companion gifts...

Before 4.0 Purple took me a while to get a drop...maybe once, sometimes twice a game session...always something valuable for either my toon, or GTN

after 4.0 Ive seen 4 since 4.0 and ALL have been companion gifts...

So am I and my guildies the only ones this is affecting, or are other players so apathetic that they just dont care...or am I totally in the wrong area of the forums (If so, sorry)

OMG.. and heres me thinking BW or the mobs where playing a sick joke on me. I am guaranteed every mission to get at least 3 of these horrible recipes. Got to the stage now when I see green after a kill its like /sigh so please keep your Jerky ;)

Seriously something I wrong with drop rate so please look into it.

Yeah, it is annoying how often that recipe drops, but I am far more annoyed that I got not a single datacron decoration since 4.0 even though people claim they would still occationally drop.

Exactly I havent seen a single datacron deco drop since 4.0...I honestly did not mad farm them or anything but I was guaranteed 1 per planet on each of my toons...but since 4.0 almost all blue drops are companion gifts...

Went through planets on my alts, even asked in general and no one had seen any...

you know those 2 buff foods on the fleet cantina bartenders?

I use them all the time. But they are level 40 buffs. BW said they would introduce higher level comsumable buffs but i haven't found any. The presence buff alone is more than legendary gives you. 84 to presence vs legendary 50. LoL legendary is laughable. The other buff is increased regeneration while out of combat. Handy in a WZ or speed runs in OPS as Flashpoints

Now if a scheme dropped that would be great. But this jerky is everywhere. It's just vendor fodder.

I wonder what they could come up with as a deco to commemorate this(ala meat tree on Rishi), a small table with a huge pile of jerky on it?

:D

On topic, yeah, it's raining these schems, and as for datacron decos, I have still been getting them, though the drop rate is far far lower than it was pre 4.0, i got one on Hoth, Nar and Tatooine.

Not related to the topic, but to a couple posts.

Datacrons do still drop. I cant say if they have altered the drop rate but I've picked up 3-4 more doing the Heroic 2+'s.

Well, I have done enough Heroics to get over 50 alliance supply crates, and not a single datacron deco droped while doing so, and I do all bonus kill quests, since one gets good credits from it. So, either I am just unlucky, or you are lucky, but since I see more people complaining about not getting any of them either, I guess you are just lucky... or have done more heroics with more characters so far.

I'm tempted to make a bunch of jerky just in case that this is an indication of some future event or even April Fool's joke crafting.

"Now announcing the crafting specialization Jerking: Make your own jerky set; Boots, helmets, belts and even implants and earpieces! Eat a piece to regain health during combat and the buff "Jer-ki-licious" but beware you've not been splattered with poison otherwise you'll get a poison debuff!"

Edited by SingaSong

Peace is a lie, there is only jerky.

Through jerky, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Jerky shall free me.

More like

Jerky is a lie, there is only jerky.

Through jerky, I gain jerky.

Through jerky, my chains are broken.

The Jerky shall free me.

That is a more accurate description of the drop rate of this recipe.

Exactly I havent seen a single datacron deco drop since 4.0...I honestly did not mad farm them or anything but I was guaranteed 1 per planet on each of my toons...but since 4.0 almost all blue drops are companion gifts...

Went through planets on my alts, even asked in general and no one had seen any...

I have had a few drop since 4.0. But the number does seem to be a lot lower. Maybe to make room for all the jerky.

Well, I have done enough Heroics to get over 50 alliance supply crates, and not a single datacron deco droped while doing so, and I do all bonus kill quests, since one gets good credits from it. So, either I am just unlucky, or you are lucky, but since I see more people complaining about not getting any of them either, I guess you are just lucky... or have done more heroics with more characters so far.

Same here, maybe 1 dropped and i did full tour 3 times now. All bonus done.

Guess it will move to "ultra rare" deco now heh