How level-sync kills the game for me

aristrokratie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's just clarify what level sync was designed for: (help would be appreciated)

1st: allowing you to enjoy story-content at your level, even if you are 65 and want to redo korriban quests.

2nd:.... add whatever comes to your mind

I think the primary design impetus was allowing you to always gain experience. To never have quests or mobs not reward you.

Everyone voices their view. No one can say people haven't at some point it just becomes a group of people complaining. If you want quit due to this. I'd rather people do that then spend all day on forums for ..its been a week already for the next few months. Just saying if you going to quit. Don't tease us. If not then learn to adjust.

Leveling shouldn't be a slow boring grind. That's exactly what it will go back to if its "tweaked" or "optional" more likely its going be mandority if they do anything its going to ruin the fun for a ton of people. You can buy level 60's now. You are just punishing people who don't have the money to skip the boring level grind. Most people a majority are enjoying it. Their too busy in game. If it really makes you so miserable. When I say you. I mean the people who rather sit on here threating to quit then actually playing. Perhaps a small break is in order.

Same here.

I am not even visiting planets and missions below level 65 anymore, no i haven't done star fortress, never will, it's on low level planet, and all the hard work i put into obtaining 220 and 224 gear is now useless below level 65 missions, it's super stupid.

:mad:

In fairness, why did you bother with 220/224 gear?

Other than HM ops, there is no need for it anywhere in the game... and if you're a raider, then 4.0 isn't for you anyway...

I have a mix of 208/216 gear on my 2 main toons, and I'm not even bothering on most of my alts, due to level sync and bolster everywhere but HM Ops.

Note, I had 192 set/198 comms gear on multiple toons in 3.x, but the game has changed in 4.x. That is no longer really needed.

With OP companions, 208/216 is plenty for everything.

I think the primary design impetus was allowing you to always gain experience. To never have quests or mobs not reward you.

So at this point I wonder why you get synced at level 65, because you'll never gain experience then.

Someone could argue that this is to make old content enjoyable at a proper difficulty but ... op companions

So at this point I wonder why you get synced at level 65, because you'll never gain experience then.

Someone could argue that this is to make old content enjoyable at a proper difficulty but ... op companions

Legacy xp, I presume. I'm already 50 there, but I'm sure plenty (and particularly new players, which they always want to attract) aren't.

Then dismiss it. You play with an OP companion. Your words. You do know you can select "dismiss" if you really want make content harder for yourself. Why not do that.

I like level sync. It makes it so you don't simply one shot everything when you are higher level, even though you tear through heroics like a knife through hot butter. I also call myself a PvPer and heroics are much better than dailies or "farming mobs". Edited by lpsmash

i don't support it because it kinda kills mmo level cap purpose for me.

but

-it makes going on the planets ''fun''.

-you one shot everything even at level.

-it's good for revamping heroics which were totally dead.

-same for WBs.

finally that's like the worst way to do credits, but on corellia there's not such a difference and again you one shot everything even there.

it's not going to be reverted i fear, because of the crowd of film freshies incoming.

Legacy xp, I presume. I'm already 50 there, but I'm sure plenty (and particularly new players, which they always want to attract) aren't.

So why am I synced at 50 legacy 65 lvl?

I went to do tome crew stuff for farming now, anyways I really find this discussion interesting so let's keep it going.

So why am I synced at 50 legacy 65 lvl?

I went to do tome crew stuff for farming now, anyways I really find this discussion interesting so let's keep it going.

Your legacy got synched? That shouldn't be happening. Did you have access to stuff you couldn't before legacy wise when synched?

Level sync is annoying, the ''story-guys'' do not like it, we PvPers do not like it and most PvEers as well dislike it (with a few eceptions of course)

I like it a lot and I would consider myself all of the above. I love the story, PvP daily and well, we all PVE to an extent. I fully support level sync and was glad to see it finally introduced here.

Level Sync would appear to be primarily a tool for the devs to guarantee that there is a certain (soft) difficulty "floor" on any given planet; so they can set ""new" content on "old" planets without having to resort to ugly workarounds.

See my sig for why this might be desirable

Yet another thread that continues to prove there is no legitimate downside to level-sync. As someone else has already shown, it was the nerf to enemy credit drops that made the particular farming the OP is talking about not viable anymore. Edited by pegasussgc

Same here.

I am not even visiting planets and missions below level 65 anymore, no i haven't done star fortress, never will, it's on low level planet, and all the hard work i put into obtaining 220 and 224 gear is now useless below level 65 missions, it's super stupid.

:mad:

You clearly do not understand the system then. If that's all you want out of the game, then so be it, but you can't force your mis-understanding and naivety on the rest as some kind of fact that exists only in your head.

I understand exactly how it works.

You can use any green gear on low level planet and get the same stats as with 224 gear.

This means gear is useless, also the missions on low planets are useless, you get low level drops from world bosses and other npc's.

I think you don't know how it works.

Many people have already complained about this new feature, even the ones that this feature was added for.

I am a PvPer. I am poor. I do not have a lot of credits. I do not have the patience to earn credits via the ah.

Until now, I used to farm my credits for augments and gear optimization by killing mobs. I used to go to corellia, farm a day and buy my stuff from the credits I earn there.

I cannot do this any longer now, I am forced to do sh** heroics, which are buggy and overfarmed for a ridicilous amount of time to even be able to optimize the equip of my two main chars.

Level sync is annoying, the ''story-guys'' do not like it, we PvPers do not like it and most PvEers as well dislike it (with a few eceptions of course)

Why can you not make LS optional so you can activate it if you are in the mood of redoing some quests on a 'difficult'' level

I would highly appreciate if you could just let the players decide wheter they want to spend time doing something or not. I HATE story, I HATE heroics, I quickly farm my credits for my gear and then stay on the fleet until next expac.

Please this is not that hard to do.

Since it sounds as though you didn't play through the expac's story, it's kind of necessary for the endgame Alliance system that was implemented.

If BW were to make level-sync optional, they'd have to rework some of how Alliance rewards are granted/quest rewards, as heroics would basically need 2 reward options. I personally wouldn't mind this, but you'd also have to keep in mind a player such as yourself may make doing heroics on-level impossible for other players, because you'd keep taking all the objectives as a 65, while others are trying to do Alliance grinding on-level.

Lastly, though you may have only farmed credits occasionally, the system in large part prevents credit farmers from gaining as many credits as they otherwise did before. Don't get me wrong - a lot of credits still drop from heroic quests - but they are weekly, and the mobs don't drop as much now.

Overall, 4.0 has tried to put a pinch on how easily players gain credits, and level sync is another avenue to achieving it. It's annoying in some regards, but I can understand why BW would do it. I do question how effective it is, because after 3.5 years of the old system, some players are so wealthy that it doesn't really matter now, and it keeps others from catching up and having the ability to buy items they would like to on the GTN.

Edited by arunav

You can use any green gear on low level planet and get the same stats as with 224 gear.

This means gear is useless, also the missions on low planets are useless, you get low level drops from world bosses and other npc's.

From what I understand, that's not actually true. Your health and power might remain the same but your secondaries are based on your actual secondaries I think. Like 30% crit is still 30% crit but to keep it that way you have to really have 30% crit at 65.

So? At some point it doesn't matter because you won't notice any difference between 224 gear and 176 gear. You were still killing things at the same speed. There is always a cap on how much more powerful you are then the stuff around you. Because you can't get better then killing things with one shot. The fact that you did 5,000 more damage doesn't matter in the least.

That means your gear was always to a point worthless because it really didn't make you any better than someone with lower level gear.

Since it sounds as though you didn't play through the expac's story, it's kind of necessary for the endgame Alliance system that was implemented.

If BW were to make level-sync optional, they'd have to rework some of how Alliance rewards are granted/quest rewards, as heroics would basically need 2 reward options. I personally wouldn't mind this, but you'd also have to keep in mind a player such as yourself may make doing heroics on-level impossible for other players, because you'd keep taking all the objectives as a 65, while others are trying to do Alliance grinding on-level.

Lastly, though you may have only farmed credits occasionally, the system in large part prevents credit farmers from gaining as many credits as they otherwise did before. Don't get me wrong - a lot of credits still drop from heroic quests - but they are weekly, and the mobs don't drop as much now.

Overall, 4.0 has tried to put a pinch on how easily players gain credits, and level sync is another avenue to achieving it. It's annoying in some regards, but I can understand why BW would do it. I do question how effective it is, because after 3.5 years of the old system, some players are so wealthy that it doesn't really matter now, and it keeps others from catching up and having the ability to buy items they would like to on the GTN.

No, simply make level sync turned on required for heroics, make it optional, problem solved

Wow, your low level greens are giving you 1100 crit rating, 800 alacrity, and 680 accuracy?

Oh they aren't? Then you are wrong about understanding how it works.

It's pretty clear that level sync is done on a per-planet basis; since even instances that would otherwise have no business being level synced (storyline instances on DK and Korriban, among others) are synced. I'm not a dev to be able to say why this is, but I can accept it as a fact.

You know doing the Qyzen/Scorekeeper quests for WB's shows to me why this is a good thing. I have grouped with so many people that admit to playing for years and had never killed a WB. I stopped short of Lucky and Nightmare Pilgrim but led and joined groups to kill all the others.

It was good times and I walked away with Qyzen at 23ish. :D That wouldn't have happened before level synch as you could just go back and solo the majority.