The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Satele Shan's new robes.

ShawnyBoi

Its the closest to actual Jedi robes I've seen in the game so far, please make this a thing Bioware!

I knew it, I wonder what took people so long to come here requesting this garbage again. Just let it go, "iconic" Jedi robes are not coming.

Edited by JeKoCZ

Because, duh, "iconic" Jedi robes are actually "iconic" *hermit* robes that happened to be worn by a retired Jedi when he was being a hermit.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120807203410

Really? This is an official SWTOR piece ^ And I can provide a countless more.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120807203410

OK, but why are Jedi robes like that? Because in 1977 a retired Jedi wore hermit's robes and all Jedi shown after that wore robes like the retired Jedi wore because they wouldn't look like hermits, oops, Jedi otherwise. So they all(1) dress like hermits.

(1) I am being deliberately extravagant with this word here. The smart ones who don't want voluminous robes getting in their way as they fight would presumably wear something else.

We all want things we can't get or afford. I'd like the concept art version of the Agent suit and the Inquisitor armor, but I know I will never get them. Hence, I don't flood the forums with the same topic every week or so.

http://the-bwc.com/PAO/newsassets/2014/10/image-SWTOR-imp-classes_v1a.jpg

I am not taking part in this ongoing discussion about "iconic" jedi robes.

But I do want to point out that I like Satele's new robe a lot as well. The cutscenes with her are my favourite part of KotFE (I really want to know what's the story behind them; no spoilers here though).

But I do want to point out that I like Satele's new robe a lot as well. The cutscenes with her are my favourite part of KotFE (I really want to know what's the story behind them; no spoilers here though).

Satele went pretty much Yoda. There isn't anything else to say.

Why she is on the same planet as them, is unknown. Mere coincidence as Lana pointed out that it's a planet very strong in the (Neutral) Force or she quietly stalked them there using the "iconic" Jedi robes to hide her persona and her damn fine 60s years old body as Harry Potter's invisibility cloak did for the young magician.

We all want things we can't get or afford. I'd like the concept art version of the Agent suit and the Inquisitor armor, but I know I will never get them. Hence, I don't flood the forums with the same topic every week or so.

http://the-bwc.com/PAO/newsassets/2014/10/image-SWTOR-imp-classes_v1a.jpg

That line of thinking is horrifying. "Because shut up" is an awful reason to deny requests to provide something your consumers want. These forums exist as a medium for us to speak with the developers and tell them what we like about their product, what we don't like and what we wish to see changed, added, and removed in the future. Don't tell people to stop using this board for the explicit reason it exists just because you're petty enough to get mad about it.

No one cares about what you people think. Just give us the damn robes so everyone shuts up :D

Alec will never shut up, he hasn't despite them adding dozens of Jedi robes into the game, something will always be wrong with them. Wrong hem or the color is white sand instead of tan sand or whatever lame excuse why the obviously Jedi robes aren't Jedi robes. The devs probably have him on ignore by now.

Alec will never shut up, he hasn't despite them adding dozens of Jedi robes into the game, something will always be wrong with them. Wrong hem or the color is white sand instead of tan sand or whatever lame excuse why the obviously Jedi robes aren't Jedi robes. The devs probably have him on ignore by now.

None of the robes they've added so far really strike me as the kind of jedi robes I want, but that's because the engine they built this game on is absolute garbage and can't properly recreate the volume that the heavy overcoat over the shorter, more practical tunic and trousers should have. They can only do those dumb capes and waist-capes. Can't make the robes drape over the front in any way it seems, that or they're too lazy to figure out how.

That line of thinking is horrifying. "Because shut up" is an awful reason to deny requests to provide something your consumers want. These forums exist as a medium for us to speak with the developers and tell them what we like about their product, what we don't like and what we wish to see changed, added, and removed in the future. Don't tell people to stop using this board for the explicit reason it exists just because you're petty enough to get mad about it.

People flooded the forums with this "iconic" Jedi robes garbage for 4 years and never got an answer. If that isn't an indicator of BW not willing or interested or capable to add them, what's the point into keep asking the same thing over and over? Don't answer, it's a rethoric question.

I'm sure we'll find out eventually. Probably in little bits. I'm guessing she's taken a change in direction, towards the sort of wise-guru-advisor role that Yoda shows in ESB. Certainly her new clothes don't seem terribly practical for the sort of agility/acrobatics fighting style she shows in the Hope trailer.

Question for people who know the Lore better than me: Is that "stopping lightsabres with your bare hands" thing she does in the trailer common in the lore?

I knew it, I wonder what took people so long to come here requesting this garbage again. Just let it go, "iconic" Jedi robes are not coming.

And how do you know that? They will 100% come its just a matter of when and when they do i'll be very happy.

Because, duh, "iconic" Jedi robes are actually "iconic" *hermit* robes that happened to be worn by a retired Jedi when he was being a hermit.

^This!

When I think iconic Jedi, I imagine Luke from TESB (which is a flight suit) and RotJ! Why do people keep thinking the robes of an old hermit?!