I got my girlfriends account banned by sending her 200k credits

EvilDemon

So we got an email from the SWTOR team saying my girlfriends account was banned for attempting to buy credits or something to that extent. This happened most likely due to the fact that I sent her 200k credits in the mail to get her started since she is a new player. I added a nice little role play message as to why the credits where being sent to her. She didn't even ask for the credits as well -.- It must have been some crappy bot that picked up the mail and automatically deemed it to be credit selling or something. We have emailed the account closure email and are awaiting there response.

I just want to say how rubbish that is, as a 2 year veteran (currently subbed) to have that happen to someone I just gotten into the game and was excited about playing (even subbed to it as well) and now we can't play on our days off. Its most likely going to be a few days before the account gets unlocked again and this will be too late. But this is disgusting on the part of the Bioware team, punishing paying customers in the vain attempt to stop credit selling

Write to support duh.

I work with mmos as well, if someone sees a bigger gold trade in the game for a freshly made account its highly possible its the gold buying.

And by "someone" I mean trade logs scripts or support that looks for this kind of things.

Simply write to support and clarify.

Edited by Lerdoc

Write to support duh.

I work with mmos as well, if someone sees a bigger gold trade in the game for a freshly made account its highly possible its the gold buying.

And by "someone" I mean trade logs scripts or support that looks for this kind of things.

Already written support and awaiting there response, just wanted to post this here to make sure people can view and read my problem and to vent a bit

Already written support and awaiting there response, just wanted to post this here to make sure people can view and read my problem and to vent a bit

Fair enough. Hope it gets fixed soon. 200k seems like a pretty low amount to be on the look out for. Weird.

Yeah its wierd my account wasn't banned

I'll bet there are agents in dark glasses parked in a van from a "plumbing company" across the road from your domicile, with cameras and sound amplifiers trained on your windows and doors. They got the Secret Service watching you for your credit laundering schemes.....

They'll get you, you dirty credit seller, you!

All joking aside, I hope this gets fixed soon, and I hope your girlfriend will still want to play. It's got to have left a bad taste in her mouth. Hopefully, BW will not only unlock the account, but send her some XP boosters or something in the mail for the inconvenience they have caused.

I don't get this.

I have started friends off with a lot more than 200k and never been pinged for it.

Same here. Also, my wife and I moved millions back and forth to unlock the "the wealthy" titles and never had any issues.

So we got an email from the SWTOR team saying my girlfriends account was banned for attempting to buy credits or something to that extent. This happened most likely due to the fact that I sent her 200k credits in the mail to get her started since she is a new player. I added a nice little role play message as to why the credits where being sent to her. She didn't even ask for the credits as well -.- It must have been some crappy bot that picked up the mail and automatically deemed it to be credit selling or something. We have emailed the account closure email and are awaiting there response.

I just want to say how rubbish that is, as a 2 year veteran (currently subbed) to have that happen to someone I just gotten into the game and was excited about playing (even subbed to it as well) and now we can't play on our days off. Its most likely going to be a few days before the account gets unlocked again and this will be too late. But this is disgusting on the part of the Bioware team, punishing paying customers in the vain attempt to stop credit selling

Not trying to be funny here. By "my girlfriend", do you mean a real life person you know face to face, someone playing at a pc right next to you, or is it a female character you met and had an in-game/online relationship with?

I ask, because scammers will use any tactic they can to get what they want. I haven't heard of it in SWTOR, but years ago, in SWG this kind of in-game scam was going on. Scammers would create female toons, run around asking for help, and find some nice person willing to help. They would then work their way into an in-game romance, play clueless about how to succeed in-game, so the victim would give them credits/items to help them. Then they would vanish. If they had an out of game online thing going, the excuse that was often used was " I got banned because they thought you giving me credits was a credit exchange from a credit farmer".

If it's someone you know in real life, have her contact customer support, explain the situation, and them you contact info to verify. If it's someone you know only online, I cannot stress this enough, do not give them you personal information. That can lead to bigger problems.

but years ago, in SWG this kind of in-game scam was going on. Scammers would create female toons, run around asking for help, and find some nice person willing to help. They would then work their way into an in-game romance, play clueless about how to succeed in-game, so the victim would give them credits/items to help them. Then they would vanish.

This happened to a guild friend back in 2001 when we played Anarchy Online. It is nothing new, the best way is to be careful, very careful when it comes to sending credits or items.

BW, why didn't you ban OP account for gold selling? Please rectify immediately.

I remember reading an article about EVE onlline and how they deal with credit sellers. was to simply kill the market for them... by punishing very severely the ones that actually buy credit, literally making the account that bought credits virtually unplayable. Thus the punishment for getting caught buying credits is so high no one ever bothers buying credits in that game...

I dunno if the above is still true today as that article I read is at least a few years old. However the logic is sound. If there is no market for credit sellers, they're not going to waste their time on it.

I feel like there is a little more to the story to what we're told. I transfer credits all the time from my ALT's doing WZ's. It' very easy to get credits if you have lot of patience. Logically you would be banned as well if they thought she was buying credits from you. Fact only she was banned. Makes me think there is more then what people are saying..if a person did buy credits. Would they admit it.

This is unnerving news.

I'm about to mail 700K from my retired BH to my sith warrior. Let's hope they'll see that the creds are coming from the same account. :D

hehe, if its the same account, its no problem. I've moved 30 mill from one char to another without any issues. That would probably have gotten flagged if i had mailed it to another account :)

Write to support duh.

200k isn't even an amount the credit sellers sell; their minimum transaction is one million creds.

This is just Bioware being moronic, and would leave a sour enough taste in my mouth that if I was OP's girlfriend I wouldn't even bother with trying to get the account unbanned. I would just say "**** it" and find a different game.

hehe, if its the same account, its no problem. I've moved 30 mill from one char to another without any issues. That would probably have gotten flagged if i had mailed it to another account :)

I've moved tens of millions of credits from my main account to my secondary in order to buy and unlock stronghold rooms and decorations. No issues so far.

That's because your account info is prob similar enough to each other to not warrant the look. Prob under same credit card. Your name is on both accounts sort of thing.