what happened to my learned augment schematics?

watermelonfan

I just checked my augment schematics today. It turns out that all my previously learned augment schematics are all gone. I had many augment recipes such as might and resolve. They are all gone after update 4.0. Prior to that update They were all there under the augments catergory. I also checked the archieve catergory. They are not in there either. I checked to see if these schematics got moved to another profession. That is not the case here. So what happened to my schematics? Did anyone else have this experience? What do I do?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked my augment schematics today. It turns out that all my previously learned augment schematics are all gone. I had many augment recipes such as might and resolve. They are all gone after update 4.0. Prior to that update They were all there under the augments catergory. I also checked the archieve catergory. They are not in there either. I checked to see if these schematics got moved to another profession. That is not the case here. So what happened to my schematics? Did anyone else have this experience? What do I do?

well considering all the abilities went poof augments have been reworked. You can look under the crafting changes to see how.

Armormechs can now craft Shield, Absorb, and Mastery Augments.

Synthweavers can now craft Alacrity, Defense, and Critical Augments.

Armstechs can now craft Accuracy, Endurance, and Power Augments.

well considering all the abilities went poof augments have been reworked. You can look under the crafting changes to see how.

Armormechs can now craft Shield, Absorb, and Mastery Augments.

Synthweavers can now craft Alacrity, Defense, and Critical Augments.

Armstechs can now craft Accuracy, Endurance, and Power Augments.

The problem with that is that some of these schematics that I previously knew are on the GTN. Yes the actual recipes are still in the game, and still obtainable. So with that being the case, why are my learned schematics gone?

archive section.

I already checked in the archive section. They are not there. Al of my learned might and Resolve augments are all gone. These have not been moved to another profession. As a matter of fact, the schematics are still being sold on the GTN. And they still say sythweaving on the schematics. So why did I lose all of them when they are not being used by another profession or removed from the game?

So why did I lose them when there is no legitimate reason?

I will assume since you have not offered what crafting skill you knew that you had something that originally allowed for crafting augments and that the skill was reworked and they were taken away from the category altogether. And likely BW didn't have the respect for its players to think that we had taken time to learn schematics and to give those to our other characters that could have learned them under the new structure.

But as to your question the legitimate reason is that Bioware wanted to **** you over. Really no other reason then that for 90 percent of the changes in this expansion.

they removed all main stat augments, there are 2 replacements you'll have to train on the relevant crafting skills.

You know, this kinda happened because mainstats arent a thing anymore? you mightve noticed.

yes I noticed that but that didn't stop bioware from keeping all the mods from all the classes in the game. They are now all identical except for the name of the mod. But the point is that the schematics I had were never switched to a different profession. The schematics That I lost are still available for purchase on the GTN. The Augments that I lost were never removed from the game? So why did they disappear from my list of learned schematics?

Edited by watermelonfan

yes I noticed that but that didn't stop bioware from keeping all the mods from all the classes in the game. They are now all identical except for the name of the mod. But the point is that the schematics I had were never switched to a different profession. The schematics That I lost are still available for purchase on the GTN. The Augments that I lost were never removed from the game? So why did they disappear from my list of learned schematics?

your op said might and resolve...those have both been replaced with mastery.

ok. to best answer your question

1) what is you craft?

2) what schematics did you have that you think were incorrectly removed. BE SPECIFIC!

your op said might and resolve...those have both been replaced with mastery.

ok. to best answer your question

1) what is you craft?

2) what schematics did you have that you think were incorrectly removed. BE SPECIFIC!

I use the sythweaving skill. I had so many that I don't know the exact numbers and I can't list them all, but they were all might augments and resolve augments. They all had the name "resolve augment" or "might augment" followed by a number. Yes the class stats were removed, but these exact augment schematics still exist, they just have mastery stat instead of strength or willpower. These schematics are still for sale on the gtn. These are the kind I had that are no longer in my list of learned schematics. I had a wide range of levels for "resolve" and "might" augment schematics

Here are some screenshots showing examples of ones I had. I just took this screenshot today from the ones on the gtn That I told you about..These images clearly show that they are for my crew skill and are still in the game, therefore I should still have them.

http://postimg.org/image/saysml56h/

http://postimg.org/image/wn2xh1m4h/

Edited by watermelonfan

I use the sythweaving skill. I had so many that I don't know the exact numbers and I can't list them all, but they were all might augments and resolve augments. They all had the name "resolve augment" or "might augment" followed by a number. Yes the class stats were removed, but these exact augment schematics still exist, they just have mastery stat instead of strength or willpower. These schematics are still for sale on the gtn. These are the kind I had that are no longer in my list of learned schematics. I had a wide range of levels for "resolve" and "might" augment schematics

Here are some screenshots showing examples of ones I had. I just took this screenshot today from the ones on the gtn That I told you about..These images clearly show that they are for my crew skill and are still in the game, therefore I should still have them.

http://postimg.org/image/saysml56h/

http://postimg.org/image/wn2xh1m4h/

all skill specific augments have been removed to my knowledge, what you are seeing are the same name, but not the same augment. They have all been replaced with mastery, so the names might still exist from people who had them previously, but not sure they are learn able. if you want you can purchase one and see if you can learn it and craft it, but the ones you had previously, that granted willpower or strength, no longer exist because the skills they give (strength, willpower) no longer exist, even though the names may.

If you look at the stat, and not the name, you will see they are mastery and not what you think they are (strength willpower etc.) If you want to learn augments find the mastery ones and craft them.

all skill specific augments have been removed to my knowledge, what you are seeing are the same name, but not the same augment. They have all been replaced with mastery, so the names might still exist from people who had them previously, but not sure they are learn able. if you want you can purchase one and see if you can learn it and craft it, but the ones you had previously, that granted willpower or strength, no longer exist because the skills they give (strength, willpower) no longer exist, even though the names may.

If you look at the stat, and not the name, you will see they are mastery and not what you think they are (strength willpower etc.) If you want to learn augments find the mastery ones and craft them.

You are not properly interpreting my words. I never said the might and resolve augments still have strength and willpower . I never said that. The augments have not been replaced, they have just been altered so, that they have mastery instead of a skill specific stat. On my cybertech toon The might and resolve mods used to have strength or willpower. now they all say mastery. I still got the schematics though because the names are still the same, its just the stats that are different but it is the exact same schematic. Therefore It should be the same way with might and Resolve augments. Why should it be any different with augments? Please note that the change in stats does not make it a different schematic. As long as the item has the same name, it is still the same schematic. For example, if the recipe for a schematic gets changed that doesn't make it a different schematic. Its just the mats that are different. you still get to keep the schematic. with cybertech I got to keep all of my might and resolve mod schematics, so why can't I keep my might and resolve augments?

Edited by watermelonfan

I have to agree with the OP, they screwed Synthweavers, especially those of us that had the Might and Resolve augments by giving mastery and endurance to armor crappers.

That and the total uselessness of Artificing by getting rid of enhancements

On my cybertech toon The might and resolve mods used to have strength or willpower. now they all say mastery. I still got the schematics though because the names are still the same, its just the stats that are different but it is the exact same schematic. Therefore It should be the same way with might and Resolve augments. Why should it be any different with augments?

Probably because the 4.0 equivalent of any mainstat augment is the Versatile (Mastery) augment, which isn't crafted by Synthweavers, but Armormechs.

Cybertech didn't lose their archived mods because they still make mods. They did (AFAIK) lose all their armoring schematics -- because they no longer craft armorings. Ditto for Artificers with Enhancements.

It's possible that for any crafted item categories which were "moved" to another crew skill, crafters ended up losing those old schematics in order to keep the categories exclusive to the new profession.

I have to agree with the OP, they screwed Synthweavers, especially those of us that had the Might and Resolve augments by giving mastery and endurance to armor crappers.

That and the total uselessness of Artificing by getting rid of enhancements

To be honest they screwed all the players that had learned schematics with the crafting changes, not just one profession. You would have thought they could have at least either archived them on the characters that learned them, or if they were already learned, moved them over to another character with the new profession moving forward.

A lot of time and effort went into these for a lot of players, BioWare could (and should) have offered some form of compensation for taking things away from the players.

Now? No incentive what-so-ever to bother learning or crafting anything new. We all knew the crafting / gathering system needed an overhaul, but not the way in which it was done at the detriment of players.

The reason they removed primary stat (now Mastery) augments from Synthweavers is because Synthweavers can craft Versatility Armoring, while Armormechs can craft Resolve Armoring (the Endurance-heavy ones).

Figuring (rightly) that Versatility Armoring will be in higher demand, they gave Armormechs the Versatility Augments, so that the two professions are in some kind of balance vis-à-vis endgame crafting.

In return for losing the ability to craft Mastery Augments, they gave Synthweavers a monopoly on Mastering Armoring. That is the compensation.

The reason they removed primary stat (now Mastery) augments from Synthweavers is because Synthweavers can craft Versatility Armoring, while Armormechs can craft Resolve Armoring (the Endurance-heavy ones).

Figuring (rightly) that Versatility Armoring will be in higher demand, they gave Armormechs the Versatility Augments, so that the two professions are in some kind of balance vis-à-vis endgame crafting.

In return for losing the ability to craft Mastery Augments, they gave Synthweavers a monopoly on Mastering Armoring. That is the compensation.

Did you not read what I said? Synthweavers never lost the ability to craft mastery augments. The screenshots in my previous reply clearly shows that synthweavers can still purchase mastery augment schematics from the gtn. These are still learnable by synthweavers. These are the exact ones that I had before 4.0. They just have mastery instead of a primary skill stat. Please actually read my posts before you respond. I have already refuted your claim about mastery augments no longer being craftable by synthweavers.

Edited by watermelonfan

Did you not read what I said? Synthweavers never lost the ability to craft mastery augments. The screenshots in my previous reply clearly shows that synthweavers can still purchase mastery augment schematics from the gtn. These are still learnable by synthweavers. These are the exact ones that I had before 4.0. They just have mastery instead of a primary skill stat. Please actually read my posts before you respond. I have already refuted your claim about mastery augments no longer being craftable by synthweavers.

Have you actually tested to see if they're still learnable, or are you just assuming they are?

Have you actually tested to see if they're still learnable, or are you just assuming they are?

I know for an absolute fact that they are because the screenshot (please actually look at it) that I provided you shows a picture of these schematics and its properties. I took this screenshot yesterday. The schematic icon in the screenahot says that you need Synthweaving in order to learn it which I have. And the schematic also lights up which means that I have the appropriate crafting skill to learn it. So why these schematics were taken away from me with update 4.0., I have no clue. None of what I said is an assumption. These are all facts and I have already proven that they are learnable repeatedly.

Edited by watermelonfan