I will now be That Doomsday Guy.

Laurreth

*** are you talking about? If you want to grind mindlessly and slay meaningless creep #5687863, there are MMOS out there for you. And not even 1, but several dozen!

Meanwhile, please let us stay in our awesome Star Wars themed story based (MM)ORPG. Live and let live, eh?

No. Petition EA for KOTOR 3 if you don't like it. I want my Star Wars MMORPG, not some abortion trying to be both single player game and mmo with a very hands off dev team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Petition EA for KOTOR 3 if you don't like it. I want my Star Wars MMORPG, not some abortion trying to be both single player game and mmo with a very hands off dev team.

But what does an MMORPG mean to you? MMORPGs are a failure of creation meant to elongate the gameplay as long as possible while hassling you with nonsensical restrictions only so you could sub.

Why'd anyone want a MMORPG when he can get a good singleplayer???

But what does an MMORPG mean to you? MMORPGs are a failure of creation meant to elongate the gameplay as long as possible while hassling you with nonsensical restrictions only so you could sub.

Why'd anyone want a MMORPG when he can get a good singleplayer???

Because most Single-players you can beat in a day...

If I wanted a single-player, I would have bought a single-player, not funded from the very begining...We were promised a Star Wars MMO, story driven (which is a cool idea) but a story driven MMO

*** are you talking about? If you want to grind mindlessly and slay meaningless creep #5687863, there are MMOS out there for you. And not even 1, but several dozen!

Meanwhile, please let us stay in our awesome Star Wars themed story based (MM)ORPG. Live and let live, eh?

Again its not an MMO...if they wanna make it Single-Player, just do it...stop asking people to sub, take the servers offline and allow us to get monthly DLC's for $15...

And I play more than this MMO...so please dont tell me what an MMO is, or how to play one...Ive been doing it since 99...from the way your acting Id presume thats long before you were born...

It's all subjective. I came back to TOR a few months ago and I'm having a ton of fun. 4.0 made it even better for me!

Sure, it's not a perfect game, but guess what - no game is and there's definitely not a single MMORPG out there that is even close. Not WoW, not TERA, not GW2... There are good MMORPGs out there and each of them is trying to focus on something in particular. It can be anime *****, fun combat, difficult PvE content, storytelling, etc.

So for everyone's who's whining on some forum that the game is bad, there's 10 people who actually like the game. Only they're not posting about it, but having fun playing the game instead.

Cheers!

Again its not an MMO...if they wanna make it Single-Player, just do it...stop asking people to sub, take the servers offline and allow us to get monthly DLC's for $15...

And I play more than this MMO...so please dont tell me what an MMO is, or how to play one...Ive been doing it since 99...from the way your acting Id presume thats long before you were born...

I've also been playing since 1999 and started with EQ1, and it seems to me like you can't let go of the past. A past that has been gone for at least 10 years now.

WoW is single player unless you want to LFD while leveling.

DCUO is single-player until endgame, where you can still do single player in Challenges, or simply group with one person in Duos, or more in Alerts or raids.

Wildstar, for all it's hardcore speak, is only hardcore in the instances. You can solo 1-50 in single-player mode without issue.

And the list goes on. SWTOR took the single-player MMO experience that has been becoming the industry norm since at least 2004, and put a fun story along with it. Just like all those other current industry MMOs, it's single-player until you decide to do group instances (Tacticals, HM, and NiM content).

Now, if one would complain about the extreme forced solo-play they started for storylines with SoR, and continue with in KoTFE, then I'm all for agreeing. My wife dislikes playing solo, and doesn't play MMOs unless we duo. The forced solo "end of mission chain instances" in The Secret World drove her off. Just the same, the way SoR handled main story quests with absolutely forced solo here in SWTOR drove her away from this game. She has no interest in KoTFE because of it. As a duo, we've jumped to Wildstar to play together until Legion drops. She loves a good story, but starting with SoR's design philosophy, BioWare lost her subscription.

Edited by Jumajin

Sorry to break it to ya, but KoTFE is the beginning of what SWTOR was always meant to be - a sequel to Kotor 1 and 2. People didn't get into SWTOR for pve, or pvp. They got into it because the two prior games were some of the best star wars storytelling games out there. Now that Bioware has finally recognized that a focus on story is what the majority wants, they are on the right trajectory. This is what the Kotor world has always been about, great storytelling. If you want to grind gear, or beat space ogre 3240 there are plenty of alternatives for you to choose from. Making doomsday threads on this forum when the majority of the subscriber base has wanted this since launch is only going to get you laughed at.

Ok serious thoughts here.... Are you paying Bioware $14.99 a month for KOTOR 1 and 2 still? No of course not. So you then say, don't subscribe to this game and go f2p. Ok, and what keeps the SWTOR doors open? If I'm just f2p'ing for the new stories do i care about Cartel market anymore? No. Do I need more than one character? Not really.

So is this really a longevity, healthy sort of answer for their business? I guess we'll find out. Wouldn't KOTOR 3 for $59.99 with dlc's be more profitable?

Ok serious thoughts here.... Are you paying Bioware $14.99 a month for KOTOR 1 and 2 still? No of course not. So you then say, don't subscribe to this game and go f2p. Ok, and what keeps the SWTOR doors open? If I'm just f2p'ing for the new stories do i care about Cartel market anymore? No. Do I need more than one character? Not really.

So is this really a longevity, healthy sort of answer for their business? I guess we'll find out. Wouldn't KOTOR 3 for $59.99 with dlc's be more profitable?

I'm not paying them $15/month for those games because they aren't still making new content. Plus, the way KOTFE works, you can just sub every now and then and get the full package....

Anyway, hey, maybe you guys will be right about this being the death of the game! I mean, the last 780 guys weren't, but maybe you'll be the one!

Sorry to break it to ya, but KoTFE is the beginning of what SWTOR was always meant to be - a sequel to Kotor 1 and 2. People didn't get into SWTOR for pve, or pvp. They got into it because the two prior games were some of the best star wars storytelling games out there. Now that Bioware has finally recognized that a focus on story is what the majority wants, they are on the right trajectory. This is what the Kotor world has always been about, great storytelling. If you want to grind gear, or beat space ogre 3240 there are plenty of alternatives for you to choose from. Making doomsday threads on this forum when the majority of the subscriber base has wanted this since launch is only going to get you laughed at.

I couldn't have said it any better....and might I add....

HAHAHA!!!!

I'm not paying them $15/month for those games because they aren't still making new content. Plus, the way KOTFE works, you can just sub every now and then and get the full package....

Anyway, hey, maybe you guys will be right about this being the death of the game! I mean, the last 780 guys weren't, but maybe you'll be the one!

Well, if the game does fall, which I'm not saying it will anytime soon, wouldn't that eventually make the 780 guys right?

If you read the OP's posts in full, this is trending. Stuff is not getting fixed. So fast forward 2 years from now. If all that works are the KOTFE chapters, you're still in for 14.99? And if not, where do they get their support from? Cartel sales only?

I'm not hardcore doom and gloom but the OP has some points.

I've also been playing since 1999 and started with EQ1, and it seems to me like you can't let go of the past. ... .

This. Every major MMO currently consists of leveling experience which is done solo, then it leads on to multiplayer experience such as dungeons, pvp, raids. How is SWTOR so different from the others? Its really mind boggling, how this game receives so much flak for the single player content, when the progression is exactly the same as any other MMO's. Only difference being we are now set to get episodic story content each month.

Personally I'm glad the focus is taken away from "raid or die" mentality that is prevalent in MMOs. At the same time, I do not wish there would be no operations either, but it gets treated equally as story, solo, small group and pvp content in a game. Aside from story mode, its only a small demographic that does operations.

Well, if the game does fall, which I'm not saying it will anytime soon, wouldn't that eventually make the 780 guys right?

If you read the OP's posts in full, this is trending. Stuff is not getting fixed. So fast forward 2 years from now. If all that works are the KOTFE chapters, you're still in for 14.99? And if not, where do they get their support from? Cartel sales only?

I'm not hardcore doom and gloom but the OP has some points.

It would not, as all of them were doing as you guys are--saying 'THIS will be the death of the game!'

The fact of the matter is that a game's death very rarely has to do with its actual quality, as strange as that might sound. City of Heroes being the Ur-Example...

First off, this is NOT an MMO...

A MMO has challenging content, and Endgame...at this point, this game has neither...Its multiplayer, kind of...but it really doesnt classify as a MMO anymore...

This is a single-player game now...and Im sorry when I first joined the community before the games release, before the beta...story was a Main element...MMO was the other...I didnt want a NEW KOTOR like all the fanboi's are screaming for...KOTOR was OK in 2003, this aint 2003...I wanted a good Star Wars MMO...

This is NOT a good Star Wars MMO anymore...its a lame single-player game with a linear story arc that honestly, except for the Fanboi's has no replay value...but yet they expect to keep MMO subs, with every few month DLC drops...seriously, just flat out make it f2p completely

The plotlline is a Blatant rip-off of another game...they turned your companions into cloned dress-up dollies a la a ton of Facebook games...removed coms vendors from lowbie planets "Cause the Community asked for it...We didnt code it...itll come back "some day""...nerfed cash drops...turned hypercrates into an even bigger rip-off then before, again "Because the community demanded it"....

Where are the people in the community that demanded the removal of vendors, or even less value in hypercrates...cause I wanna know the drugs their on

No this is what SOME of the players wanted...not ALL...

"An MMO has challenging content." Who says? That is not what a MMO is. I see people running around, I can group with people to make the content I want to do faster, and the only single player part is the story, but end game still has mmo elements that people want.

This was never a good star wars MMO. They failed as soon as they copy wow classes and combat. This game is the only MMO that carbon copy wow skills and rotation at release. It takes a lot of work for a company to make a Sith vs Jedi fight feel dull, but they did it.

You know, when the animations work, It looks amazing. Our light sabers hitting one another. Blocking and bolts and having our own shots get knocked away. When you are not spamming skills and breaking the animations. The game looks amazing.

This game is a failure because the core combat is the worse part of it. Why do raids or group content when that is not fun for many players? What most people play for now is earning creds to dress up in, play alts aka for the story, The people who want to raid, and want ops are a very small percent of the game.

For example, I am part of a few gaming community who love MMOs. I told them about 4.0 and Fallen, and the first thing they ask is. Does the combat still suck? The other half ask, Does end game still suck?

MMOS are not about grouping. A MMORPG plays by its own rules of the world. The only thing that is require for a MMO is that you are ABLE to interact with a large group of people. And that is what you can do.

And that, my friend, is a problem. I couldn't give less f*cks about level sync, crafting changes or quest system rework. I don't like new companions, but they are not main problem either.

This game WILL die if people come only for update once in a blue moon. That's why you don't make solo content focus of MMO game

Not really, I think the ones who don't want a MMO focus on story should leave, since that is what we was promise day 1.

See my signature. People who think this game has good things besides the story are well and truly deluded.

See my signature. People who think this game has good things besides the story are well and truly deluded.

Because we enjoy things you don't? Because we don't need to be spoon fed our content? Again, if all you want is story, go read.

Because we enjoy things you don't? Because we don't need to be spoon fed our content? Again, if all you want is story, go read.

No, because I can name an MMO that does any other aspect besides story better.

Get off your high horse and look at it with logic.

You are the one out of place. Sorry, but this game has lost the meaning behind the 4th pillar it promise us from the start. It was the selling point of this game. Now that they are going back to the roots. This game is not for you anymore. The players who wanted what we got promised from day one, are now happy and coming back. You don't have a place in this new SWTOR, if you don't want a story base mmo.

You are the one out of place. Sorry, but this game has lost the meaning behind the 4th pillar it promise us from the start. It was the selling point of this game. Now that they are going back to the roots. This game is not for you anymore. The players who wanted what we got promised from day one, are now happy and coming back. You don't have a place in this new SWTOR, if you don't want a story base mmo.

You're delusional lol.

Story has been the focus of EVERY major update since launch, except GSF and GSH. 4.0 simply marks the first time they haven't included the other stuff with the story.