Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll: Take 3

CelCawdro

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Selonian, but doubt there would be enough mileage for it to happen...and they don't speak basic in the game as far as I can see (then again, I'm not sure Rodian's do either). I voted for what was a likely possible list.

Gald to be able to surprise though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they're a bit of a longshot, but I don't think that voids a mention if they're your true desire. Your votes, though. :) Truth is, we've seen a ton of variations (or breeds?) of Selonians in the EU, from literal giant ferrets to near-humans. I think the biggest obstacle would actually be that Cathar are already out there being furry. ;)

What do you feel differentiates Zygerrians enough from Cathar to warrant their implementation?

Zygerrians have ears more at the tops of their heads as opposed to the sides. They also have little horn things on their chins.

I do think that it would be less time consuming for just customizations to be added to species to make them look more like other but similar species.

My guess isn't as clear-cut this time around. Nautolans don't have an entirely human facial structure and Voss are hamstrung by the lore quite a bit. Cathar and Togruta in their time were obvious, but now they're out of "safe" options in the species leading the polls. It'll be interesting to see what has been/will be selected.

I think racial restrictions of that nature went out the window when they made is possible for races to be cross faction. Even from a lore perspective, having voss as a playable race is more believable than Sith Jedi.

What do you feel differentiates Zygerrians enough from Cathar to warrant their implementation?

I also anywer this since I also voted for them. There are actually two versions of them (and I like both). Yes one has some cat-like features, but they are still rather different from the Cathar. The other (older) version is even less cat-like and more tough looking. Anyway, they are usually easily recognisable, and I never heard anyone confusing them with other species when they actually saw them.

Calling me "lazy" is an incorrect assumption, not an observation. Quite obviously an insult. That you believe and state otherwise shows clearly your intent.

Can't handle someone wanting a Nexu playable race? Clearly the tack is then to insult them, call them lazy and a troll, and discount their contribution.

Toss in two other races you wouldn't mind and your selection is a perfectly suitable vote. Ignore the format, get your vote ignored. Not a difficult concept, especially if you actually read the OP.

Toss in two other races you wouldn't mind and your selection is a perfectly suitable vote. Ignore the format, get your vote ignored. Not a difficult concept, especially if you actually read the OP.

Condescension. Why am I not surprised?

You continue with the insulting. Why would anyone want to participate in your "poll" when the "pollster" is biased against contributions and insults those who contribute?

Again, to hell with your "rules".

Condescension. Why am I not surprised?

You continue with the insulting. Why would anyone want to participate in your "poll" when the "pollster" is biased against contributions and insults those who contribute?

Again, to hell with your "rules".

Stop with the derailment.

You can follow the rules as they are clearly detailed in the OP, have your vote included, or you can take your leave. I won't be participating in this quibbling any longer. I'm not sure why you entered this thread with an attitude to begin with, but I'm not going to indulge it anymore.

If there's something bothering you that you need to vent about, shoot me a PM. I'm always willing to listen to a good rant and give what advice I can. Otherwise, please vent your frustrations elsewhere.

And again, your vote has always been welcome, attitude or otherwise, if you format it according to the parameters set out by the OP.

So what concessions do you guys think BioWare is ready to make with their next species? Are they ready to give up purely human faces after two releases that stuck to that formula? Given that near-humans have fallen off in popularity and all the humanoid options have decided non-human faces, how far past their previous line they'll be willing to go.