Nightmare loot still not fixed

AlphaInquisitor

It was said that NIM mode will "reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as all the unique mounts and titles available currently". It doesn't. There are also a few threads on the forum about it. And, as always, without a dev response...

4.0.1 patch notes - no mention of the issue so I doubt it's fixed.

So do we really have to grind the boring Hard Mode operations for the gear? We don't really mind you giving the casuals a way to get the best gear. But PLEASE don't force us to do those HMs. They're boring. Easy. You screwed up PvP in this game, forced us to switch to PvE and now you want to drive us from doing PvE? And go do what, achievements? Dead GSF?

Point of this post: Can we PLEASE get a dev response about the NIM loot?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My expectation for this getting fixed any time soon is extremely low. Considering they didn't even fix the Utilities reset bug, an issue that affects every single player in the game, I doubt they have fixing operation loot high on their priority list. I was actually joking that they intentionally buffed Raptus to deal insane damage in DP so that no one could get to council and see the loot is broken. Of course, that proved futile and quite honestly gives them a little too much credit :) Edited by sang

I agree with Sang on this one. There are some other bugs that definitely have a higher priority that aren't even touched yet and the respec bug is absolutely one of them. So you have another week of doing NiM "undergeared." I am personally happy about this as I enjoy a challenge and don't want to be BiS right off the bat on top of making content easier for me. Should this be fixed or at least addressed, yes. Am I upset it isn't yet? No.

I agree with Sang on this one. There are some other bugs that definitely have a higher priority that aren't even touched yet and the respec bug is absolutely one of them. So you have another week of doing NiM "undergeared." I am personally happy about this as I enjoy a challenge and don't want to be BiS right off the bat on top of making content easier for me. Should this be fixed or at least addressed, yes. Am I upset it isn't yet? No.

Dude, the only real way to do NiM is with a healer who is lacking their only meaningful zero-cooldown heal.

Dude, the only real way to do NiM is with a healer who is lacking their only meaningful zero-cooldown heal.

What about a DPS who's trying to push so hard to beat/get through enrage they're either maxed on heat or out of energy? Those are my kind of NiM fights.

What about a DPS who's trying to push so hard to beat/get through enrage they're either maxed on heat or out of energy? Those are my kind of NiM fights.

Ah, Dread Guard… I'm also pretty happy with the state of Styrak HM relative to how it felt at level (in level 50 gear). Unfortunately, tuning seems to be pretty uneven with respect to such things. See: Council, Dread.

Ah, Dread Guard… I'm also pretty happy with the state of Styrak HM relative to how it felt at level (in level 50 gear). Unfortunately, tuning seems to be pretty uneven with respect to such things. See: Council, Dread.

Dread Council on HM buffed? If you mean that I thought it was underwhelming after Dread Master "100k Rising Slash triple-noscope" Raptus :p

As an aside to that, has anyone done Ravagers or ToS HM? I was curious on their state especially since they aren't the top tier anymore. Although I hope not cause I really enjoyed some of the fights.

As an aside to that, has anyone done Ravagers or ToS HM? I was curious on their state especially since they aren't the top tier anymore. Although I hope not cause I really enjoyed some of the fights.

Haven't tried ToS, but I've heard its joke-town for the most part (especially Revan, and especially Shiv, which now hits for 2k). Ravagers has definitely been nerfed relative to level (with basically no gear, we killed Torque in just a hair over 4 minutes, mostly because the healers were DPSing out of boredom on 3/5). Master-Blaster has a lot more HP than before. Beating the fourth circle spawn in the first phase is generally where you will fall with good DPS, though if you're cheesing phase 1 it doesn't matter so much. Soft enrage lasts an eternity. Master spikes are a fair bit deeper, but very manageable (far easier than Raptus). Haven't done Cora, but I would imagine that the first phase is probably nerfed quite a bit, and Ruugar is probably even more of a pain.

Haven't tried ToS, but I've heard its joke-town for the most part (especially Revan, and especially Shiv, which now hits for 2k). Ravagers has definitely been nerfed relative to level (with basically no gear, we killed Torque in just a hair over 4 minutes, mostly because the healers were DPSing out of boredom on 3/5). Master-Blaster has a lot more HP than before. Beating the fourth circle spawn in the first phase is generally where you will fall with good DPS, though if you're cheesing phase 1 it doesn't matter so much. Soft enrage lasts an eternity. Master spikes are a fair bit deeper, but very manageable (far easier than Raptus). Haven't done Cora, but I would imagine that the first phase is probably nerfed quite a bit, and Ruugar is probably even more of a pain.

Woah woah Tam don't forget the guardian 7.8k DPS fluff though :p

Point of this post: Can we PLEASE get a dev response about the NIM loot?

Considering tickets just get closed stating it "might be caused by a bug" and all that - a reply would be nice - just acknowledge that there is a bug and you are going to fix it.

Communicate with us - we promise we won't bite :rolleyes::mon_trap:

Who cares about a little more gear, I just want the respec bug fixed, its pretty annoying.

We don't really care if it's gonna be fixed anytime soon, WE JUST WANT A FCKING DEV TO RESPOND ALREADY! Can't be that hard to just say "intended" or "bug"...

Edited by AlphaInquisitor

Bioware just doesn't really care about the operations.

You can get a feeling for that when you see how they bolstered the ops, some bosses are super easy, other are really tough DPS checks, in the same op on same difficulty level. That must clearly be the result of zero testing before the release. It's the same for some mechanics, there is barely anything to heal on 80% of the mechanics, and suddenly one sort of attack deals massive damage in comparison. Again, poorly tested and poor level 65 adjustement.

And I won't say anything about the nightmare crystal stuff, that is just ****ed up game design for nightmare operations :rolleyes:

Eric Musco ‏@musco 3. Nov.

@FzkCS You should be receiving higher item rating gear, is that not happening?

-----------------

Eric Musco is really excited.

u know, im pretty sure its intended and they know about it. they are just playing dumb to keep us busy with their contentless content, otherwise most prog guilds would gear them selfs in a week two at most and just leave.